Today I lost a friend

My heart is heavy and goes out to you and your family. You know how Morgan and I feel about our "children" and how hard it must be. Good wishes and thoughts go out to you.

Breaks may heart, my chocolate is getting up in his years too and i know that day will come. I dread it with every fiber.

That's terrible man, nothing else to say except I feel for you both. Rest easy knowing he's in a good place now.

Very sorry to hear this Jarret. It's always tough to lose pets, especially dogs which have been like family. I'll keep you and Callie in my thoughts.

John Deere Tap'n

Sorry for your loss...losing a beloved pet is incredibly difficult.

Thanks everyone. I was hesitant to start this thread but I needed to get it off my chest.

Well THP, today is a sad day in my house. My 9 year old chocolate lab Riley has passed on. About a week ago she went from what we thought was healthy to being in very bad shape in a matter of so we took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with cancer. My wife got her as a tiny little puppy in college. She was one hell of a great dog. My wife is devastated because she lost a best friend. Riley will be missed!!! I am kind of at a loss for words right now. I am just torn up. and emotional. I just needed to get this off my chest.

PhonePics031.jpg

Sorry to hear Jarret. I'm sure Riley was part of the family. I went thru the same thing back in May. I still think of Roscoe every day. Its like losing a child. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks everyone. I was hesitant to start this thread but I needed to get it off my chest.

It's very understandable, I love King more than 99.9% of the people I have ever meet, and that even includes some distant family members.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this One-T. Losing a pet, especially a loyal dog, sucks - no way around it. Remember the good times, and it will help get you through!

Sorry to hear this man. Has the same name as me. Unexpected deaths are the worst. My black lab had epilepsy and we thought it was under control with a daily pill. One day he missed his pill and the next day he had 13 seizures and we were forced to put him out of his misery. Hang in there man.

So sorry to hear buddy. Losing a pet is a horrible feeling because they're a part of the family.

Sorry for the loss buddy, I know just how tough it can be. We make room in our home and hearts for these additions knowing they won't be there all that long, yet can never truely get our heads around their passing. Your doing the right thing in sharing the loss with us here.

Wow One-T, kind of the same story here. Wife has a Choc. lab and same thing....cancer of the spleen. They took it out which gave her another year of life before it appeared again. I was speeding down the road (both times) when she collapsed, running red lights in order to get her to the vets. That night when they put her down my wife slept on the floor next to our bed cause she was so sad. It was heartbreaking.

Will think of you 2 today and pray that the pain goes away soon. So sorry.

Wow One-T, kind of the same story here. Wife has a Choc. lab and same thing....cancer of the spleen. They took it out which gave her another year of life before it appeared again. I was speeding down the road (both times) when she collapsed, running red lights in order to get her to the vets. That night when they put her down my wife slept on the floor next to our bed cause she was so sad. It was heartbreaking.

Will think of you 2 today and pray that the pain goes away soon. So sorry.

wow man, that is very similar! She had lung cancer. It wasnt pretty. But they said just monitor her breathing, if it gets fast then she is in pain. well, she was fine til late last night, I got up this morning and she was very lethargic. Put her in my truck and she passed on the way. But she wasnt breathing heavy. it was as if she just fell asleep. My wife is lost right now

Thank you Nate!!

Sorry bro!! Dogs are awesome and I have lost 4 in my lifetime. Miss them all.

That's tough... Tough loosing a family member.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear of the loss. My emotional attachment to these little four legged critters was pretty evident here the last few weeks, so trust me, I understand the pain you are going through losing your friend.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Man, hate to hear this. So sorry for your loss.

Jarret I am so sorry for your loss

Sorry, man. That is really rough.

Losing a dog is a terrible feeling. It's great that she had a loving family for her whole life though. I'm sorry bud.

Losing a pet is one of the hardest things anyone can do. Praying for you bud.

I'm sorry for your loss, it is so good that you didn't have to make the terrible decision though.

One-T, I'll be thinking about you buddy.

Back