Top 10 Coaching Jobs in Football

Top 10 Coaching Jobs in Football

• Absolutely.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • You gotta be kidding me.

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
OSU should be away ahead of that school up North!

Interesting. Seems accurate as far as I know.

I didnt realize that coach of texas was such a wanted job.

It feels like they just kinda threw the Texans in there at the end to get people riled up. I mean, really. I don't see it.

It feels like they just kinda threw the Texans in there at the end to get people riled up. I mean, really. I don't see it.

I think it is overall probably a fair assessment, but yeah, the Texans didn't seem to be an obvious choice there.

Truthfully the whole list is like that though isn't it? What makes the Packers job better than the Cowboys job? If its about wins, then what makes it better than the Patriots job? Its just an article to provoke conversation because truthfully while there are a few gauges, it would be very different depending on the candidate.

NYG that high? The fan base can turn on you after 1 game. Look how badly Coughlin has been getting it, even with 2 Super Bowls. If an overly critical fan base is where you want to coach, then NYG is your team.

The Texans seem a highly premature team to put on that list. Lets give them 10-15 more years to see what kind of organization they really are.

Yeah, there could be a valid arguement one way or another about many many teams within College and NFL.

I mean I get why ND is on here, but I think it's a terrible job. Ask Ty Willingham, Bob Davie, or Charlie Weis just to name a few. You don't win in 2 years, you're gone. I woulndn't call that a great job. Sure you have good facilities and recruiting, but job stability isn't there.

The figures on the worth of the Texas Longhorns football team are nuts.. Worth more than some NFL Teams? never would have guessed

I mean I get why ND is on here, but I think it's a terrible job. Ask Ty Willingham, Bob Davie, or Charlie Weis just to name a few. You don't win in 2 years, you're gone. I woulndn't call that a great job. Sure you have good facilities and recruiting, but job stability isn't there.

I think that is major college football in general these days, not just Notre Dame.

I agree with it for the most part. Except I don't see how the Giants are as high as they are, or why even the Texans are on the list to begin with. How can an franchise that has only 10 years under it's belt make a list of most wanted coaching jobs? Also funny to see they linked Michigan and OSU together. And where are the Cowboys?

Job security is only absent when you can't do anything with your recruits. Davie ran a dieing system, (Option. Out of date now, but when he coached it was on it's way out) Willingham couldn't get the good recruits, (I hated the way he was fired. And hated that it was then linked to racism) and Weis could get the top-notch recruits, but he wouldn't develop them. He just expected them to play just how they were. Only person he really elevated was Brady Quinn, and Quinn was already going to be great even without him. To me (a die hard ND fan) it wasn't about there is no job security, it's just they didn't live up to the hype. And really, in today's football world, if you don't win or show great improvement in only a handful of years, your fired no matter what school your at

The figures on the worth of the Texas Longhorns football team are nuts.. Worth more than some NFL Teams? never would have guessed
And those numbers are probably low..........there is just so much money in that program it's actually funny. Merchandising alone would make someone laugh.

I was surprised the texans made the list.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

I said you gotta be kidding me only based on the Houston Texans gig

I stopped reading the list after #1. But I agree with it 100%

Also, how is the Chargers job not #1? They obviously don't care about performance.

not sure i understand why the texans are on the list.

I said you gotta be kidding me only based on the Houston Texans gig

It is one of the top $$$ producing franchises in the NFL (#5 overall according to Forbes), with an owner who is loyal. I would've gotten rid of Kubiak 2 seasons ago. They draft smart, but aren't afraid to spend money. Of course, you can probably say that about several other jobs in the NFL and NCAA also.

Don't confuse tradition with job stability/security

It is one of the top $$$ producing franchises in the NFL (#5 overall according to Forbes), with an owner who is loyal. I would've gotten rid of Kubiak 2 seasons ago. They draft smart, but aren't afraid to spend money. Of course, you can probably say that about several other jobs in the NFL and NCAA also.

Don't confuse tradition with job stability/security
fair enough and thanks for the facts. I did not know this. But...these things do not make it a top football coaching job IMHO.

This is BS. We all know that any coach would take the Cowboys gig in a heartbeat and gladly share the responsibilities with JJ.

I disagree simply because it doesn't make sense to put College and Pros together they are 2 different beasts. Now do a separate list for each and I could see that making sense. I said this even with my favorite team on there, Go Big Blue! I do have to agree with the write up though if you can win in New York it can take you very far I say this standing for coaches and players.

I really don't agree with the opinions and the glaring one is the Texans, I would think Dallas or Chicago would either be better jobs within the pro ranks and Southern Cal or Oklahoma in the college ranks. Lots more things go into a coaching job being one of the top ten than I know about so just like the author that is my opinion.

Back