Tough week & sad times

That's great to hear Ole' Gray! Hoping 2013 brings more great things to you and your family!

Og keep your spirits up as drug abuse is not a short train ride and a long road to recovery. I grew up with a lot of great guys and girls in my group in my early 20's and late teen years and where they are today is shocking. Keeping a person away from trigger points and people that were involved with whatever he may be involved with is a big thing and family support and not anger towards him which it seems you are giving him. The rehab sounds nice and I know friends that have been in and out of them over 8 times and it does nothing as they did not want to change and would go back to the same area and around the same people! Sometimes the way of the lord helps work and brings people to sobriety through faith and sometimes it is through just good old fashioned love and support and the drive on his part to want to stay and be clean! Best wishes to him and his recovery and to you and all your going through. I am only 26 but have been through and seen a lot in my days, it is why I am so into golf as I grew up in an area where I could have been dragged into the snake pit as well and the passion for golf kept me out of all that! Help your son find a passion and keep him away through words of encouragement from the stuff and people that have maybe dragged him along and also there is most the time a problem lying beneath the surface that bothers a person to go down this road....divorces, break ups, depression. Either way my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son and to anyone who is or has gone through this on a personal basis or with someone close to them!

You already know how happy I am to hear this Bill. Its a fantastic story. I am glad you son wants to help others as well.

That's just great news, Bill. I wish your son a fantastic new year and hope 2013 is a year of building on his successful recovery.

OG right after I wrote the post I did, I noticed through reading that your son is on his 3rd now 4th month of recovery which is great and everything you said about his changes is the way things go when it is all done properly! Pretty soon that life style if kept on a great path will seem as if the bad never even happened. Still Great news and I am proud of your son and you as a father for sticking with him and whatever family that did as family can be the deal breaker!! Good luck and happy New Year and I wish you all well for the 2013 year!

Awesome news, OG. Hope you and yours have a wonderful 2013.

really happy for ya O.G. I struggled with addiction and have been sober for 3 yrs. now. I,m so glad to hear of another success story like your sons! Awesome

Great news OG. I am so happy to hear you son has come so far and things are going so well for him and how proud you are with him.

OG right after I wrote the post I did, I noticed through reading that your son is on his 3rd now 4th month of recovery which is great and everything you said about his changes is the way things go when it is all done properly! Pretty soon that life style if kept on a great path will seem as if the bad never even happened. Still Great news and I am proud of your son and you as a father for sticking with him and whatever family that did as family can be the deal breaker!! Good luck and happy New Year and I wish you all well for the 2013 year!

Thanks for all the great comments guys!

He has surpassed all my expectations thus far and we all know it's a lifetime process. I use to keep beer in the fridge, as I enjoyed a few cold ones now and then. I have kept all alcohol products out of my home since he began rehab to support my son. It's a small sacrifice for such a huge dividend :thumb:

He has made your THP family super proud too my friend. May 2013 bring him nothing but the best.

Proudly saying my son made it to a New Year 2013 staying clean and sober from his past habits :blob:! A great accomplishment with both hard work and dedication, he made his Dad super proud :clapp:. He is still living with us and the change in locations to our new town, has been a huge plus during his rehab. He has weened off seeing his old friends that had a bad influence on him. The cool thing is he influenced one of his drug buddies to go into rehab himself. I think it's cool my son is wanting to help others now.

That's awesome! Great for him to keep it up, and you providing the kind of support and guidance he needs.

That is just great news OG. It is amazing the positive influence one success story can be on all those around him. Wishing you, KB and your son a healthy and happy 2013.

Bill I love reading these positive updates.

That's great news OG, hope this year continues to go as well

OG, your Son's progress in getting himself clean, and maintaining the good progress with the support of his family and loved ones is one of MY highlights of 2012. (And I'm just a fairly innocent bystander!) I'm just very heartened to hear the progress you all have made.

Congratulations to your Son for his success. It's a testament to his strength and your relationship with him.

Proudly saying my son made it to a New Year 2013 staying clean and sober from his past habits :blob:! A great accomplishment with both hard work and dedication, he made his Dad super proud :clapp:. He is still living with us and the change in locations to our new town, has been a huge plus during his rehab. He has weened off seeing his old friends that had a bad influence on him. The cool thing is he influenced one of his drug buddies to go into rehab himself. I think it's cool my son is wanting to help others now.
This is just awesome to hear OG!!! I'm happy for you all.

OG....I gain more and more respect for you every day.

Congrats to you all Bill. That road is never travelled alone.

OG I am SO happy for you and so proud of your son and his commitment to being clean & sober. Congrats to him on making it this far and for helping others make the lifesaving change to sobriety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news!!!

Back