Tough week & sad times

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
It's been a tough week for me. I missed out on the Morgan Cup coverage however with some of the stuff going on in my life, I'm sure you guys/gals will understand. Between selling a house (we thought) and then taking my son to Atlanta to catch a plane, then putting a bid on another house in our new town it has been one heck of a week.

The sad part being my son had to be put in rehab for drug abuse. It tore my heart out to take him to Atlanta yesterday although I knew it might be the thing that saved his life. He called Tuesday wanting to talk about his problem and asked for advice. Both KellyBo and myself told him he needed help that only a professional setting could provide. Wednesday morning my brother called and said my son was unconscious in the driveway where he and my brother live. He was laying halfway in his car with his legs on the cement. This was at 2:30 a.m. My brother could not wake him up. I rushed over and felt his pulse which was faint but ok, and I could hear him breathing. I picked him up and took him in the house where I tried to talk to him. He was totally out of it but did wake up long enough to chat but not making any sense.

The next morning I researched some drug rehab centers and we found a good one in West Palm Beach. It's a Christian based rehab center. We worked out the details with my health insurance etc. and we took my son up to Atlanta and got him on the plane at 7:45 p.m. I had to get this off my chest to my buddies on here as I feel totally drained, worried, and anxious to hear how he's doing. He will be in detox for three days and then I will get a report on his progress. He will also be at the center down there for 30 days for a lifestyle change and drug rehab program. Thank God for KellyBo! She has been my rock throughout this event.

Last edited:
Wow Gray that is one tough thing to go through. Hopefully everything with your son works out for the best. I have a relative who was battled addiction and been in and out of rehabs for a while now. It's an unfortunate situation for all involved and is very tough on family. Stay strong my friend, things will get better.

That sucks OG but it sounds like it's time to get him clean. I've been through this with dear friends and it's tough. Just love him for who he is right now!

I'll be thinking about ya!

Damn OG, I hope everything ends up ok. Your family will be in my prayers. If you need anything just let me know.

Ole Gray so sorry to hear of your trouble. Best wishes and prayers for you and your family to have the strength to help see your son through this difficult time.

So sorry to hear this news Ole Gray and KellyBo.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers OG.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

That is terrible news OG! I know how you are feeling right now and it sucks! Just keep your head up and be positive with him. Kelly is incredible and you are lucky to have her by your side through this. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

OG,
I have always said that you are one of the most special people I have ever met. Sometimes life deals some of the best in the world a tough hand. I can tell you about 20 years ago, my father was dealt a tough hand. With proper support, and the right mentoring, he would be the first to tell you people can overcome heavy obstacles.

Keep your chin up and know that you have family here ready to help at a moment's notice.

Hang in there OG/Kelly - you have got a huge group of friends here pulling for you, Kelly and of course your son

Sorry to hear OG but you are doing the right thing. He is lucky that he still has you in his life. I will be thinking about you and your situation and praying that it gets better soon.

Hang in there buddy. Its obviously a tough situation but you are doing everything you can and taking the necessary steps. Just keep the faith buddy and things will work out for you and your family. You and KB are great people and you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tap Tap Taparoo

OG, I'm thinking about you, KB, and your son buddy.

Man OG, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. I hope everything works out for the best. You and KellyBo made the right decision to get him into rehab, and it sounds like he's ready and willing to get sober. That's half the battle! Just be sure you're there for support (emotionally, not always financially) and let him know there are others voting for him.

I wish you and KellyBo, as well as your son, the best of luck. Addiction is an ugly disease.

You have the support of all of us here, Bill. Sorry you're going through all this, but hopefully this is the rock bottom your son needs to get better.

Bill, you're a wonderful man and father. I'll keep your family in my prayers friend. Love him like we all know you do and this can be beat.

--
Tapatalk2

Sorry to hear about you and your families tough week, Ole Buddy. You know you have a good support system and good friends here, and anytime you need us, just send us a PM, because as most of us know, you would be there for us if we needed it. Addiction is a tough battle and I fought the demons of it myself many years ago. Just stay strong and as supportive of your son as you can, and I know, it is a battle that will be won. Keep your head up, brother.

Keep your head up OG and know that you got a forum full of family and friends here for anything you need to talk about.

OG, I am really sorry you are having to deal with this, one of my best friends has struggled ith addiction. I am glad to hear he had called you about help before hand, because with this type of thing, they can be helped unless they really want help

Just know we are here for you, and if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask

I am so sorry to hear this news. You know you and KB did the right thing. My thoughts and prayers for your son, and you and Kelly.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It sucks OG, but in the end, it's for the better. You're in my thoughts.

Damn og. Hang in there. I hope both you and your son come through this for the better.

OG, man sorry to hear this. I know it has to break your heart, but you have KB and a ton of folks who are with you. Hang in there buddy!

I am really sorry to hear about this. I've had a lot of addiction in my family. This is a real tough one. Hang in there.

When I met OG, his son was about 12 years old and he's now 21. He's just the sweetest young man you will ever meet. When he came to us for help, he gave us both the biggest hug and you could see hope in his eyes. We promised we would help and worked feverishly to find him a place to go because he wanted inpatient care and he wanted to get away from his sources. What we learned from this experience is never let a day go by after they ask for help. According to the center, he could have died from the drugs he took after he left although he convinced us he wouldn't take anymore. We made some mistakes waiting that night (uneducated and unaware of the severity) but thank God he is alive and in good hands. Thank you all for your support. THP is the best.

Back