Tour Championship - FedEx Cup (Spoilers)

I would love to see Keegan continue this streak for no other reason than to see them try and find a way for him not to win ROY and POY. Because he may deserve them both.

That would be great. It would lock up that prez cup spot, too, if he managed to win this week.

I also wouldn't mind if Donald or Kuchar won just to validate their consistent playing this year.

Would be cool to see Donald win money list for both tours, so he gets my vote for the win.

Chez Reavie is slowly becoming one of my favorites to watch week in and week out.

I really am liking the way Dufner is looking out there. I'll admit, I didn't really know who he was until last week, but hey it's all good. The only thing I have to say is that his pre shot routine drives me bat $h!@ crazy. His nickname given by me is "waggles". I mean I've been literally counting every time I watch him...10, count em', 10 freakin' waggles!!! God please don't let him get interrupted mid swing as I'd hate for him to have to start over.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Would love to see Jason Day and Keegan Bradley tee it up on the last day as the final grouping.

Chez Reavie is slowly becoming one of my favorites to watch week in and week out.

I agree, I really like that kid.

I hope Kuch wins the cup, what a great victory it would be for him and Bridgestone.

Was watching last night and they showed highlites of Mickelson. He looked really old and tired in one of the shots.

I'm rooting for DJ. I am really hoping he comes around today. But I think whether he does or not it will be a great end to the playoffs.

Keegan Bradley is trying to make a case for a President Cup selection after MCing the first two playoff events.

I wish 2nd/3rd/Final round teetimes were based on projected FEDEX standings after the previous round.

You have to love a system like this. They whittle down the field for their "playoffs" to arrive at the Tour Championship. The playoff finale. Then if you win???? You still might not win the cup. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

You have to love a system like this. They whittle down the field for their "playoffs" to arrive at the Tour Championship. The playoff finale. Then if you win???? You still might not win the cup. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

It does make it a little confusing. There are so Manu factors that go into this its hard to even understand or keep up with the changes.

If they would finally realize that winning is hard and weight the wins more appropriately this would not be a huge issue. Why whittle the field down at all in this format.

It's like the BCS is some ways. I don't follow nascar but their system sems to work, or am I wrong. The PGA needs to tweek the system, that is for certain.

It's like the BCS is some ways. I don't follow nascar but their system sems to work, or am I wrong. The PGA needs to tweek the system, that is for certain.

But with the exception of maybe 1 year, the BCS has gotten it right each and every year. This thing makes no rhyme or reason how it makes sense. Take Keegan Bradley. He won a major this year. He won another tournament this year. He has made it through all of the cut downs in the playoffs (not well mind you) but even if he wins the tournament this week, he would need help to win.

Fix this thing. Make the cut downs more severe and make the point system more rewarding. If you make it all the way to the end, and then win in the "finale", you should win the FedEx Cup. Or quit calling this thing a playoffs.

I've got to ask what is with Phil. He looks like he's been sleeping in a tent for a week. Looks like crap.

Just turned this on. Also forgot about watching the Solheim Cup. Grr.

Standings or projections? Either way, its a little unrealistic,

Right! I love that Kuchar could theoretically win the cup without winning the tour championship (or any other tourney this year).

The finale should be match play, imo. Winner takes it.

Wagglesworth isn't looking too good today.

But with the exception of maybe 1 year, the BCS has gotten it right each and every year. This thing makes no rhyme or reason how it makes sense. Take Keegan Bradley. He won a major this year. He won another tournament this year. He has made it through all of the cut downs in the playoffs (not well mind you) but even if he wins the tournament this week, he would need help to win.

Fix this thing. Make the cut downs more severe and make the point system more rewarding. If you make it all the way to the end, and then win in the "finale", you should win the FedEx Cup. Or quit calling this thing a playoffs.
But didn't Keegan miss two cuts recently? That hurt him, points wise.
And you also said in an earlier post that winning is hard. True, but every week someone does it, and they do get more points for doing so.

But didn't Keegan miss two cuts recently? That hurt him, points wise.
And you also said in an earlier post that winning is hard. True, but every week someone does it, and they do get more points for doing so.

I agree that winning is hard, but what about a guy like Luke Donald? He hasn't won yet but is incredibly consistant. He shouldn't have to win to be considered the best because of his consistancy.

Luke Donald has won numerous times this year, I think only the WGC MatchPlay on the PGATour this year, with tons of top 10s and 20s, and a couple runner ups.

He is going to win the FEC while playing the least amount of events in the top 30. That says something.

I agree that winning is hard, but what about a guy like Luke Donald? He hasn't won yet but is incredibly consistant. He shouldn't have to win to be considered the best because of his consistancy.

Luke Donald has won numerous times this year, I think only the WGC MatchPlay on the PGATour this year, with tons of top 10s and 20s, and a couple runner ups.

He is going to win the FEC while playing the least amount of events in the top 30. That says something.

Oh I didn't think he had won onthe PGA Tour this season. They said during coverage yesterday that he hadn't won since 2006 I believe.

Back