Obviously now it is clear the reason for my thread was to gauge interest in general. Being that our outing is being held at the only course that can claim a PGA Tour Stop, Ryder Cup, and PGA Championship. Thanks everybody. This course should be an absolute blast.

I played the Palms and Magnolia in December and TPC Summerlin in January. Magnolia was fun and it was pretty cool to hit a ball into the Mickey Mouse sandtrap and putt in front of the Children's Classic leaderboard. It was definitely up to the hype I had built it up to. Palms was a nice course but nothing super special. I actually thought from a skiill standpoint the water carries on the Palms were harder than the water carries on the Magnolia but of course I was playing from the forward tees.

Summerlin was OK. Maybe it was the time of the year in Vegas or maybe because it was my first time playing a desert course. I played TPC Vegas (Sr. tour stop) same trip and had more fun on it than Summerlin.

I'm trying to get on Quail Hollow this week while I'm Charlotte. I would like to see how a course plays this close after a tourny when the course should be in almost tourny condidtions. Not looking good but if I get on, I'll post about it.

The closest I have come is my home course... https://www.glenarbour.com/default.asp

It was the home of the 2005 LPGA BMO Tournament.

That being said I have also played on the Mill River Resort in PEI where they filmed Big Break PEI.

I'll hopefully play the Championship course at the PGA Resort in September though.

Obviously now it is clear the reason for my thread was to gauge interest in general. Being that our outing is being held at the only course that can claim a PGA Tour Stop, Ryder Cup, and PGA Championship. Thanks everybody. This course should be an absolute blast.

I figured you had something up your sleeve when you first posted this. I am very excited about playing my first Tour course.

It's a very unique course in that aspect. Can't wait to tackle the Bear Trap.

This is one of the courses you just have to tee it up from the tips.

Black (Mens) 7048 72 75.2 148

Just because this is an internet forum doesn't mean we all average 310 off the tee...
Except maybe biggsy!

I've played a couple:

TPC Woodlands (Shell Houston Open)
Tiburon (Shark Shootout)
Twin Eagles, Vineyards, Pelican Bay, Classics @ Lely Resort, Bay Colony, Pelican Marsh, Quail West (Ace Group Classic)- 9 courses in 22 years...yikes!
The Strand (former LPGA Event)

Just because this is an internet forum doesn't mean we all average 310 off the tee...
Except maybe biggsy!
Don't believe anything you read or hear about me.

If a course is going to kick my teeth in, I really want them kicked in.

The closest I have come is my home course... https://www.glenarbour.com/default.asp

It was the home of the 2005 LPGA BMO Tournament.

That being said I have also played on the Mill River Resort in PEI where they filmed Big Break PEI.

I'll hopefully play the Championship course at the PGA Resort in September though

I hear that!

I want to play from the tips as well Biggsy. I want to say that I played from where they guys on tour play.

I want to play from the tips as well Biggsy. I want to say that I played from where they guys on tour play.

I agree with you (both of you)... No point playing a pro course from the forward tee's. I just wont expect to score <120

My feeling too.

We'll have our own US Open type Challenge...(getting a single digit handicapper to break 100 on the US Open Course.) Call it the Hacker Challenge. :D

I agree with you (both of you)... No point playing a pro course from the forward tee's. I just wont expect to score <120

I agree 100% That will be wicked cool. Although it will kick my butt! But it's for the experience right!!

My feeling too.

We'll have our own US Open type Challenge...(getting a single digit handicapper to break 100 on the US Open Course.) Call it the Hacker Challenge. :D

Sounds like a good plan!!

i'm with you biggsy! it's just a hair over 7000 yards, it shouldn't be too bad.....lmao!

I am definately down to go from the tips, a little distance doesnt scare me

I am definately down to go from the tips, a little distance doesnt scare me

Doesnt mean I will do well, I am just saying I would like a challenge. I foresee myself shooting high in the 100's

Doesnt mean I will do well, I am just saying I would like a challenge. I foresee myself shooting high in the 100's

dude, you've already talked yourself into a high score. i plan on shooting 85 or better from the tips!

I just got this email from a guy I work with that is in Arizona.....ummm its a no brainer to me

The email was titled TPC Scottsdale:
I can get on for $89 should I do it? If i skip the last morning of the tradeshow i can get on at 8:10 in the morning for $59 should i do it?

dude, you've already talked yourself into a high score. i plan on shooting 85 or better from the tips!

Well man, Sequoiya National seemed very long and it is 6700 yards, so I know what I ma up against

My goal is to shoot in the 90's. I am not worried about distance off the tee, I am worried about my control with my long irons. Either way, I am going to have a blast!

Enjoy your tipping boys! I'm playing the whites :chicken:

I just got this email from a guy I work with that is in Arizona.....ummm its a no brainer to me

The email was titled TPC Scottsdale:
I can get on for $89 should I do it? If i skip the last morning of the tradeshow i can get on at 8:10 in the morning for $59 should i do it?
Yes and if you don't, I am going to have TC beat some sense into you with your Burner.

My goal is to shoot in the 90's. I am not worried about distance off the tee, I am worried about my control with my long irons. Either way, I am going to have a blast!

you'll need that at 7,000 yards. you'll be hitting hybrids and 4 irons into tons of the par 4's and par 3's.

Back