Tour Courses

biggsy said:
Would you guys quit man-crushing my length?

Remember this is a family friendly site biggsy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been searching my memory, but I can only come up with 3 courses that the major tours have played....

Augusta National (in 1984)
Harbour Town (in 1987)

LPGA - Mount Vintage Plantation near Aiken SC (in 2004)

Interestingly enough, I shot 78 at all 3. At Augusta I shot 41-37 and birdied both par 5's on the back. At Harbour Town we were interrupted by a squall early in the back nine, but went back out after it passed and on #18 I hit one of the shots of my life, a 4 iron into a gale that settled 15 feet from the hole. At Mount Vintage I found great respect for what the LPGA players can do, playing just weeks after -22 won the tourney there.

I have been searching my memory, but I can only come up with 3 courses that the major tours have played....

Harbour Town (in 1987)

Interestingly enough, I shot 78 at all 3. At Augusta I shot 41-37 and birdied both par 5's on the back. At Harbour Town we were interrupted by a squall early in the back nine, but went back out after it passed and on #18 I hit one of the shots of my life, a 4 iron into a gale that settled 15 feet from the hole. At Mount Vintage I found great respect for what the LPGA players can do, playing just weeks after -22 won the tourney there.

I would be happy with only three if I could have the first one on your list. :smile-big:

Harbour Town (in 1987)

Alright, you gotta dish on the Augusta story. How did you get on, etc.

Have you ever seen greens smaller than the ones at Harbor Town?

very nice, the only difference is that I will still bogey the par 5's haha.

I would really love to get a round with you, TC and One T. What a fun 4Some.

I would be down for that for sure

same here dude and i'm twice your size....

You still beat me every time we play, and by several strokes usually.

Would you guys quit man-crushing my length?

If I didn't know that this was a golf forum I would seriously think that there was some 'other' undertones going on here. I think you guys are mancrushing hardcore.

If I didn't know that this was a golf forum I would seriously think that there was some 'other' undertones going on here. I think you guys are mancrushing hardcore.

LOL... im busting out... that is hilarious...

but you gotta admit the man crushing his length line is just epic

I've played a couple:
Harding Park (multiple times): not at all impressive, on average the upkeep is shoddy, though I believe the management has been replaced.
MPCC: I got my @ss handed to me, but it was awesome. Amazing course conditions and an unbelievable setting just to walk 7000 yards or so, much less play golf.

Spank818 and I played Disney's Magnolia last week, I've also played Osage National in Osage Beach, MO (hosted the Michelob Skins Game- Arnold Palmer, Payne Stewart, Lee Trevino and Tom Watson). Definitely not a tour event as far as I can tell.

Magnolia was great, I didn't have a bad lie the entire round and really enjoyed the track. I honestly expected it to be harder, I shot 87 that easily could have been better if I had my own clubs and didn't have 6 beers. Oh well, I was on vacation! The greens were really slow, I expected super fast so this was quite a surprise to me.

Spank818 and I played Disney's Magnolia last week, I've also played Osage National in Osage Beach, MO (hosted the Michelob Skins Game- Arnold Palmer, Payne Stewart, Lee Trevino and Tom Watson). Definitely not a tour event as far as I can tell.

Magnolia was great, I didn't have a bad lie the entire round and really enjoyed the track. I honestly expected it to be harder, I shot 87 that easily could have been better if I had my own clubs and didn't have 6 beers. Oh well, I was on vacation! The greens were really slow, I expected super fast so this was quite a surprise to me.

P4B, how did you like Osage National? I am playing there again in July.

Yes, I love that course! I've played it twice (River and Mountain both times) and absolutely loved it! The first time I played it I was chewed up and spit out by the place, Arnold Palmer (course designer) and I were not on good terms for a while. I was able to get some revenge the last time I played but the injuries from that first time around are still healing up today! Have a great time, pop back in and tell us how it went.

Yes, I love that course! I've played it twice (River and Mountain both times) and absolutely loved it! The first time I played it I was chewed up and spit out by the place, Arnold Palmer (course designer) and I were not on good terms for a while. I was able to get some revenge the last time I played but the injuries from that first time around are still healing up today! Have a great time, pop back in and tell us how it went.

I definitely will let you know. I played there for the first time last October. Cold, rainy and tough. This year will probably be the other extreme, hot and humid.

I have played the TPC at Sugarloaf (Bellsouth Classic in Atlanta until 2008). It is an excellent/difficult course. I would say it lived up to the hype. I don't really remember any level lies on the entire course.

I've played Colonial CC in Fort Worth. It's a great, traditional course.

Back