UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

The sig is quite old. Right now I'm playing recoil 110

So yeah it would be between those weights. Issue with me is that I have to cut down any shaft by an inch so swingweight is always an issue

So yeah it would be between those weights. Issue with me is that I have to cut down any shaft by an inch so swingweight is always an issue
Gotcha. Lots of people love the 105s. I think they'd work pretty well for you. I love the 90s I have but that might be a bit of an adjustment.

The sig is quite old. Right now I'm playing recoil 110
based on my experience with the Recoil 110s and now the Dart 105s, I think you'll love the 105s.

based on my experience with the Recoil 110s and now the Dart 105s, I think you'll love the 105s.
Yep, they’re superior imo.

So, Briggs was the first real test for these 105 F5’s in the 5-10, 11, 54, and 58. I’ve hit them on the ST+ a lot, and got the lofts bent to fit my needs (strong) and then more to dial distance gaps, but the rest was always going to be outdoors at a new to me track.

I hit them pretty darn well. The distances I want were there, with things playing off a 9i that is 150-155 carry as opposed to 160-165, there is a lot of comfort there for me. I also hit them a good height, not Canadan height, but a damn solid height I like to see.

I’m pleased. Extremely pleased.

Played a round this week on one of my regular
Courses I play frequently. So I was able to notice a few differences from my old set up to this new one which are Rogue ST Pro irons with Dart Recoil 105 F5 shafts and I had a par 3 that I used to have a hard time hitting. Last year I was a 7 iron and would fly it off the back a decent amount. Hit a 8 iron this year with a higher decent angle and stuck it to 12 feet. Yes I did miss the putt lol but I’m encouraged to see some shots that were hard for me to hit well last year start to be more consistent this year.

I’m working on getting into some 105s now.
I’m extremely pleased. I had to take lofts a little strong to keep things in the windows I want, but the feel and consistency are top tier.

I’m extremely pleased. I had to take lofts a little strong to keep things in the windows I want, but the feel and consistency are top tier.
Were you in 110 Protos before?

Put some work in before work (simulator in the office basement) and I can't live these Recoil Darts anymore. With the heavier weight I can really go after it if I need to. Not sure I've ever hit a 7 iron as long or as pure as this one when I gave it just a little bit extra. One of those swings you chase and just feel it immediately. Not hating the shot shape either. Especially when my miss is normally the other way. Been really focusing on my take away and seeing some super positive results.

1000013670.jpg

Were you in 110 Protos before?
Played those previously, had been playing Dart V 120 F5’s prior to these this time. Love both of those iron shaft options, different beasts, different feels.

Played those previously, had been playing Dart V 120 F5’s prior to these this time. Love both of those iron shaft options, different beasts, different feels.
Good deal. What was biggest difference in the Protos vs the Darts? Just your launch numbers? I’m a high ball hitter as it is.
I think these would be awesome for you. I demand you do it 😉
I’m working on it my man.

Good deal. What was biggest difference in the Protos vs the Darts? Just your launch numbers? I’m a high ball hitter as it is.

I’m working on it my man.
I am too, fwiw.

Feel is on another level, but the directional consistency of the Proto’s is here within the DART’s, but with better flow and feel.

That said, imo, if you’re looking for a strict Proto replacement, imo, DART V’s are where it might be.

Three rounds this weekend solidified that these are the shafts I need going forward. My lazy swing can tend to be quick and with the OG Recoil 95's that would mean a bad hook off the planet. With the extra weight that isn't happening and is really forcing me to swing smoother and more within myself. The iron heads I'm pretty sure are a bad fit, but that is for another thread.

With these the profile is spot on for me and I can flight the ball if I need and a stock swing puts me in a decent window to help maximize carry. I am going to start trying to find some irons that might work, but immediately I am thinking 923 Forged or ZX5 MKii are the leaders in the clubhouse.

Not sure I've ever hit a 7 iron as long or as pure as this one when I gave it just a little bit extra. One of those swings you chase and just feel it immediately.
This is when I've seen the best results with the Dart as well. Not an overswing, but just not being cautious. When I swing my swing, I get the best results. Less swing thoughts too, which I think is a bonus.

I am too, fwiw.

Feel is on another level, but the directional consistency of the Proto’s is here within the DART’s, but with better flow and feel.

That said, imo, if you’re looking for a strict Proto replacement, imo, DART V’s are where it might be.
Thanks for that feedback.

Also the Recoil Dart 75 in my AI Smoke Hybrid is just nutty. So much fun to hit this club and the shaft just feels electric. A fun combo. Might quickly become my Gotta Hit the Fairway club for this year. So sooo good.
1000013674.jpg1000013675.jpg

This is when I've seen the best results with the Dart as well. Not an overswing, but just not being cautious. When I swing my swing, I get the best results. Less swing thoughts too, which I think is a bonus.
I've had a tendency to close the face at address because my miss has always been a slice. But if I force myself to swing on plane and really give it a bit more I've seen so many positive things from these shafts. Especially the heavier weight. Just felt so good this morning. Don't typically hit well on a sim so this was a welcome change.

Back