Vinyl Collectors?

I FINALLY got around to ordering a turntable last week. Set it up on Monday and having been spinning a few albums each day.

I landed on the Crosley C100 after seeing most reviews were extremely positive. At only $150 I cannot complain. At the very least this will last me a few years before I decide to upgrade.

My humble listening corner in my office.

View attachment 8933632

I've upgraded my collection quite a bit in the 2.5 years since this picture.

IMG_1324.jpg

The black crate on the right is only Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings.
IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

I had to move the old stand to the basement for additional storage.
It's about time to haul the Christmas crate upstairs near the turntable.
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg

Looks like most vinyl at Walmart is $15. I thought it was just the Walmart exclusive stuff but I scanned a few others and they came up $15. I couldn't pass up the Garth Brooks Legacy boxset at that price. Picked up a few of the colored Walmart vinyl as well.

Added two I have wanted to the collection for my Bday.

Blind Melon - self titled
Soul Asylum - Grave Dancers Union

Both albums I have loved front to back for years.

Our collection is only a few years old and mainly consists of concerts we've been to together and our favorite albums. Usually between 5-10 added per year.
20221215_184051.jpg

Been enjoying some of the old Christmas albums. I need to add to photos of awesome set ups here

I do miss the mellow sound of Vinyl

I have 20 or so. I'm using a Bluetooth turntable so by no means an audiophile. I like that it makes me stop and listen to the music instead of just having it on doing something else.

Still have my collection from my teen years around 350-400. Back when they were around $7/ea. :LOL:

Bought this the other day for the instrumental version. Giorgio Moroder With Philip Oakey – Together In Electric Dreams.

1677345070455.png

I've upgraded my collection quite a bit in the 2.5 years since this picture.

View attachment 9132879

The black crate on the right is only Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings.
View attachment 9132880

View attachment 9132881

I had to move the old stand to the basement for additional storage.
It's about time to haul the Christmas crate upstairs near the turntable.
View attachment 9132882
View attachment 9132883
That Maggot Brain could probably use a listen.

I've got a fairly nice setup and about 400 vinyl. I find that I rarely spin them anymore and seldom buy. Just gotten too expensive. I was in Sound Exchange in Houston Saturday and most everything was $30 for used records and $50 for new. Locally most new are around $25-35, but the selection is not quite as good. I've gone back to CDs mostly. $5-15. Rip them to my server and play whenever I want. I wouldn't part with my vinyl or my rig (Sony PS-X600 -> Marantz 2240b) but I can't see acquiring anything new until prices and selection are better. Digital is just too easy.

I've got a fairly nice setup and about 400 vinyl. I find that I rarely spin them anymore and seldom buy. Just gotten too expensive. I was in Sound Exchange in Houston Saturday and most everything was $30 for used records and $50 for new. Locally most new are around $25-35, but the selection is not quite as good. I've gone back to CDs mostly. $5-15. Rip them to my server and play whenever I want. I wouldn't part with my vinyl or my rig (Sony PS-X600 -> Marantz 2240b) but I can't see acquiring anything new until prices and selection are better. Digital is just too easy.
Records have gotten crazy expensive. You can still find good records reasonably unless you are looking for the most sought after titles. I bought most of mine years ago when you could find common 70s records like Rumors for 5 bucks. I buy CDs now for 99 cents and RIP them. Finding good CD titles for next to nothing is harder than it used to be even.

This is going to be hard to believe, seeing that I still play Ping Eye 2’s, but I love vinyl! There’s just something amazing to me that sound, because of a needle scratching through a groove, comes out like it does! I know, it’s no more amazing that CDs or just through the air, but the vinyl grooves are just cool! 😂👍✌️

I have a couple hundred various albums, got my son some Beatles albums to start his collection! My first album ever purchased, Eagles - Hotel California, still have it! I have an older Sony Stereo system with a dual Cassette player...love me some vinyl!

Back