Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Question to all testers -

Do anyone of us not like the Vision Balls we have tested.

I don't recall seeing a single post saying that people didn't like the ball.
I like these balls for every part of my game actually.

Well my nephews asked me to play golf again today. I couldn't say no too them now could I.

We played the same course that I have been playing all week, but today we played the 9 holes twice with a short break in between each nine.

The weather was sunny with a slight breeze for a change. Actually made for a nice enjoyable 4 hours or so.

I played the UV X3 again for the entire 18 holes, making 27 holes in total with this ball. It can easily go for many more assuming I keep it in play.

As usual will break the round down into sections with my thoughts

Driver & Rescue 11
With playing 18 holes I was able to hit the driver twice. Both times were out of the heel but still got out there. Both times were played into a slight headwind so the ball pitched and stopped within a few feet of it's pitch mark. It will be interesting to get back to a course where I get some roll out with the driver. Both drives went around 230 - 240 yards so not that bad. The ball again looked liked it straightened out in fight. I really like this aspect as it means that I don't have to aim down the left hand side as much as normal.

I hit my Rescue 11 4 times today, 3 really good shots and 1 not so good. Almost drove the first green the second time around. Each time the ball came off the club face very hot and produced a nice high ball flight that landed softly. This sort of shot will be great when hitting into greens as it means I can be very aggressive with my target. The poor shot was another nice high ball flight, I just pulled it and it went OOB, almost hitting a sheep. You are not supposed to climb over the boundary fences to retrieve balls but I was not leaving the Vision Ball behind so that is exactly what I did. See the lengths I go to too ensure that I still have balls left to test - hehe.

Irons
Every iron shot that I hit produced a high ball flight that landed softly. I was able to hit it both ways as well when needed. I never really got aggressive enough today with my distances so more often than not I ended up on the front of the greens. Can't complain at all at how quickly the ball stops when pitching, just sometimes I wish I got a little more roll out from it, heck you can't have it both ways though. I just need to make sure that I take enough club to get all the way back to the flags rather than trying to run the ball up to them.

Short Game
Short game was a little hit and miss today as I was not really sure how the ball was going to react. Sometimes I got roll out and sometimes I didn't. I am putting this down to the greens though and not the ball. When I did get the roll out I was very pleased with the results as I was hitting my landing zones and getting the ball into the area I wanted too. On the occasions when I got no roll out the ball was performing more like my Penta and checking up quite quickly. Haven't seen that before but I honestly think it was more down to the greens than anything else. When I played a longer pitch in I was able to get the ball to stop quite quickly and close to the hole as I threw the ball higher into the air which produced a nice soft landing. I think I am going to experiment with this around the green to see if I can get a higher ball flight that stops a little quicker. I can't complain really as to how the ball is now performing for me around the green.

Putting
The greens had been cut - yay, so were playing a little faster today although still slower than I would like. Had a few 3 putts today sadly but also a fair few 1 putts to make up for it. Again as usual the <Vision> logo was used for aligning every putt. On well struck putts the ball comes off the putter face very nicely and starts to roll very quickly. On my miss hits it doesn't come off quite as hot and usually came up short, on faster greens the miss hits would still have made it too the hole though.

Conclusion
From the tee with my woods this ball is superb, producing a nice high and fairly straight ball flight which ensure that for the majority of the time I am keeping the ball in play which in turn is leading to lower scores. I am seeing very similar results with my irons as well which is also contributing to my scoring.

At the moment I am 90% certain that I will be gaming these balls full time, that is assuming that Vision can get a supply of these balls into the UK market.

My Handicap was 12.6 prior to starting to play the Vision Balls and now it is currently 11.2, so a drop of 1.4. Have to say that I am really pleased with that. I m putting this down to a combined effort of the ball and a complete new set bag setup.

Have to say thanks to Wayne and Vision Golf for the opportunity to test these balls for them and also for all the comments he has been making in this thread. My THP Trial pack should be on it's way to me now and I can't wait to see what new goodies he has given me to test out.

I still have 1 X3 and 1 UV X3 ball left so plenty more testing to do once I get home tomorrow. Next round will probably be early next week

Hi MikeF,
Noticed that you said you were getting driver out of heal and your usual driver shape was a fade.I had the same problem until someone showed me the Youtube link below. I now hit dead centre drives and I have also told others of this alignment and it fixed their drives too.Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFwIs-7R5XA

Well, I'd say I'm in the minority but I don't think these balls are for me. With my driver they were fine. Straight and no loss or increase in distance. Short game they were fine too (chipping, pitching and putting. Customer service is top notch. Love the color and the graphics (big numbers, logo for alignment). They just didn't work for me with my irons. My handicap is higher than most of the people here I think and I just wasn't able to compress the ball as well as the E6's I usually use. I sneaked on to my local muni late one day this week with three of the UV X3's and the E6's. I was hitting them all pretty well in pretty much a straight line no more than 10 yds apart left or right. The ball flight was higher with the E6's (which I prefer) and the E6's were consistently 5 to 10 yds further (no roll).

I just don't think I'm good enough to make the most of them. I've tried tour type balls before and usually go back to something with a lower compression. That said, I still have three unused sleeves of the UV X3's. If anyone is in San Francisco/Bay Area and would like to try them out (free) just PM me. You'd just have to pick them up. I'd hate to just waste these balls. If there aren't any takers, I'll probably just offer them in the ball trade thread.

Dantat8- I'm a Australian Test Pilot and love all the reviews on here. I try not to hijack your thread and just add bits to hopefully help. I'm a 26 hcp and I too wasn't getting the performance I was use to with the X3 but found the gel, artic, pinky and UV (yes there is a standard and X3 model) more suited to my gaming. If you only got the X3 models maybe try swapping with another tester to try the others.They may be exactlly what your after.

Where I get frustrated with the ball most is when I'm chipping up to a green where I don't have much room to work with and would really want to be able to get the ball to check up more. I always tend to end up much further away than I'd really like since I don't have the room for how they roll out for me. It doesn't happen too often, but it always bothers me when it does. Overall though I really do like the balls.

Hi MikeF,
Noticed that you said you were getting driver out of heal and your usual driver shape was a fade.I had the same problem until someone showed me the Youtube link below. I now hit dead centre drives and I have also told others of this alignment and it fixed their drives too.Hope it helps.

Sorry to do an Australian thread jacking but just actually watched this clip...

Great post Alleging, it is definitely a great tip and one that I am definitely putting in the memory bank....

Thank you... :clapp:

Where I get frustrated with the ball most is when I'm chipping up to a green where I don't have much room to work with and would really want to be able to get the ball to check up more. I always tend to end up much further away than I'd really like since I don't have the room for how they roll out for me. It doesn't happen too often, but it always bothers me when it does. Overall though I really do like the balls.

It is a great post checkered and I know your frustration as I too initially had the same feeling. I don't know what you have tried but just a couple of suggestions for you for what they are worth...

1. Look for hills or fringe to land the ball on. Sometimes when we have little green to work with one of the easiest shots to work with is landing the ball on an upslope or softer grassed area and letting momentum hop it forward. The ball normally trickles slowly onto the green from here.

2. Trajectory. Play the ball very high. Think about the pitch or the chip being an underhand toss. The steeper we can get it into the air the less forward momentum we have and the smaller run out we get

3. What I call the slide shot. Picture slipping completely under the ball with the clubface - as if the club is going to go straight through under the ball and the ball is going to stay there (trust me it won't). This shot cuts the forward momentum on the ball also and we get a ball that floats a little more and sits softer.

4. Hit it with cut. Okay basically feels like a mini fade/slice. Stand square- a little open and deliberately feel like you take the club outside the target line and that through impact you come down and through to the left a little. Due to high loft and swing mechanics the ball will actually come out straight (not left like you might feel). But it is loaded with check. Same shot feeling works sensationally out of bunkers too.

Hope that helps a bit, have a play and see what works best for you.

Hi MikeF,

Thanks shall give it a go and see what happens. I don't always hit out of the heel but if it fixes the fade then I will be very happy.

On topic - My THP trial pack is on it's way to me. Expect it around Monday / Tuesday I reckon

Dantat8- I'm a Australian Test Pilot and love all the reviews on here. I try not to hijack your thread and just add bits to hopefully help. I'm a 26 hcp and I too wasn't getting the performance I was use to with the X3 but found the gel, artic, pinky and UV (yes there is a standard and X3 model) more suited to my gaming. If you only got the X3 models maybe try swapping with another tester to try the others.They may be exactlly what your after.

Hi, I did get the regular UV (gel?) and arctic white balls as well as the 808's. Those were somewhat softer than the X3's but I think I just prefer something softer like the E6's. I can't stress enough that I don't want to say anything negative about the Vision balls. Overall it's been fun testing them out and Wayne/Boz has been awesome. I just don't think they're quite right for me.

Hi, I did get the regular UV (gel?) and arctic white balls as well as the 808's. Those were somewhat softer than the X3's but I think I just prefer something softer like the E6's. I can't stress enough that I don't want to say anything negative about the Vision balls. Overall it's been fun testing them out and Wayne/Boz has been awesome. I just don't think they're quite right for me.

Danat8. Not rying to sway you but the 'softer' E6 feel you'll probably get with a pinky or gel (clear ghost like finish). Would just hate for someone who likes the product not to get to try before passing them up. Maybe someone will swap you for the X3's? Boz is always refining the balls and feedback is what he craves.Good or Bad. Saying a ball feels firm is something he takes into consideration so don't feel like I'm trying to change your mind. I play with a guy who swears by the X3 and I use Artics, Gel,Pinky and UV.Same course, same day , different 'feel' for balls.

We just might have another person helping with these balls! He just has to contact wayne!

We just might have another person helping with these balls! He just has to contact wayne!

Wonder who? Lol best drive of day, pw to green and stuck it for only gir With a vision ball!

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I got a chance to play a 18 this morning before the down pour that I am watching now...

I played the UV:X3... I think I have this ball figured out. I came in not playing in 2 weeks and shot 2 over. First couple holes I was a little rusty and sprayed a few off line, but short game and putting saved me. I'm really liking the predictable runout I am getting on chips. Before when I tried to spin it, I used to have to assess my lie wonder if it was going to spin? How much? Will it stop on the second hop? third? Will it trickle out after it puts on the breaks? Now I grab one of my wedges (what trajectory do I want) chooses a landing spot (how much run out am I going to get) and do it. If I never tested these balls I never would have switched to this easier play...

The UV:X3 is still consistent... The ball performed well off the driver. I did have a loose one on the first tee... but the rest of the day was good. A few I know should have been slices, but were push fades and were very playable.

Iron play is where these shine for me... I hit a few a little long on the firsts few holes... having to adjust to my new yardages with these balls and knocking off the rust from 2 weeks off. By the 4th everything was hole high... and I could move the ball both ways with the irons. I love the feel and consistency. I'm getting a consistent one hop and stop with the irons... wedges will spin back a tad.

If the weather is a little nicer on Sunday I'm going to try to mess with a multi-ball strategy... Today I was trying to make sure I got 18 before the storm.

Thanks for all the reviews, sounds like there are a lot of fans out there. I got my test pack in today and will put to the test this weekend. Can't wait!!

Even though I lost my last two test X3's, just got my THP Vision shipment in from Boz! Great stuff inside and he even included some other balls for me to try out that I initially didn't have!

I'll give you my additional thoughts on some of these others like the 808 and Russell as soon as I can take them out for a spin!

Thanks again to Boz and Vision Golf!

My pack is on a Plane from Sydney at the moment. Can't wait for it to arrive with me so I can see what surprises I have.

Got a round scheduled for Monday at 16.10 so the Visions are coming out again. Be good to play a proper course after my week away. Last time I played this particular course I had a nightmare round so the course owes me and I fully intend to make it pay with the help of the X3's

More from the dark lab...

This are some test/research balls that Boz has been working on. They aren't available for production/distribution at this stage, but thought it would be interesting to show that Boz does involve us punters in the development. Please realise that your feedback, both good and bad, is collated by The Man and incorporated in his next evolutions. This oppurtunity is extremely rare and incredibly smart I think.

Enjoy the pics...

The UV Pinky
By day...
cbc9d181b85eecbaee60a8e4519d540a.jpg

By night
c5f84b8b011736ff0358f27e554c8d9e.jpg

I do recall someone mentioned blue balls earlier in the thread... :blob:

So I present the UV White by day:
51f25ca69fe3599008feacf5e5c83266.jpg

...but by night....
ad66da44522a4f0623f522fb05b50f57.jpg

The above two with the UVEE from pics earlier on in the thread.

1e87c8605385d86e47797a75791ead85.jpg

ba79bb308117edc8cfcc4f5e88863e5d.jpg

a69fa1a32a5bd98631f367c8036e570e.jpg

I'm looking forward to daylight savings over here in eastern Australia to kick in so I can take these balls out to test around the course when the kids are in bed. No long shots, just short game work to investigate their visibility but also their performance. What's the use of having a ball that glows and extends your playing hours if it feels like you are playing with a piece of stone (or conversely jelly).

That's why I love the 808... brilliant visibility and superb performance (for me anyhow...)

Enjoy gang. :banana:

Last edited:
More from the dark lab...

This are some test/research balls that Boz has been working on. They aren't available for production/distribution at this stage, but thought it would be interesting to show that Boz does involve us punters in the development. Please realise that your feedback, both good and bad, is collated by The Man and incorporated in his next evolutions. This oppurtunity is extremely rare and incredibly smart I think.

Enjoy the pics...

The UV Pinky
By day...
cbc9d181b85eecbaee60a8e4519d540a.jpg

By night
c5f84b8b011736ff0358f27e554c8d9e.jpg

I do recall someone mentioned blue balls earlier in the thread... :blob:

So I present the UV White by day:
51f25ca69fe3599008feacf5e5c83266.jpg

...but by night....
ad66da44522a4f0623f522fb05b50f57.jpg

The above two with the UVEE from pics earlier on in the thread.

1e87c8605385d86e47797a75791ead85.jpg

ba79bb308117edc8cfcc4f5e88863e5d.jpg

a69fa1a32a5bd98631f367c8036e570e.jpg

I'm looking forward to daylight savings over here in eastern Australia to kick in so I can take these balls out to test around the course when the kids are in bed. No long shots, just short game work to investigate their visibility but also their performance. What's the use of having a ball that glows and extends your playing hours if it feels like you are playing with a piece of stone (or conversely jelly).

That's why I love the 808... brilliant visibility and superb performance (for me anyhow...)

Enjoy gang. :banana:

That was me wanting some blue balls :D! Looking forward to those puppies coming out :thumb:

That was me wanting some blue balls :D! Looking forward to those puppies coming out :thumb:

Thanks OG. Thought it was you, but didn't want to go searching back through the pages... :act-up:

It might be a while until we see it in circulation, but Boz was happy for me to give you guys a sneak peak. I'm sure he'd welcome any suggestions or ideas.

Got my THP Test pack this morning. Thanks Boz

A package, what could it be?
d98dda70.jpg

3c41f8f5.jpg

New Balls to try
ceda2346.jpg

More Old Faithful
46b83731.jpg

Hmm, What are these, All are Samples bar Russell
19d8f62d.jpg

Goodies
fa434fc4.jpg

Visor which my Wife has stolen and hat that my lad has taken, just charming - hehe
40011580.jpg

Thanks Wayne, didn't expect this much stuff. Not sure which balls to try first now. The 3 samples have me very intrigued as they feel very soft indeed

MikeF - Don't you love the extras Boz sends your way... Have fun testing! I'll be interested to hear what you think of the other balls. I know you and I had similiar finding and I'm interested to see if you get similiar 'tendencies' with the other balls.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Another round with the visions under my belt and as usual the UV:X3s are performing phenomenally. I just wish there was a store that sold them down the street as I really think these are the best balls I have ever tried. They are long and straight and I got like 6 inches of backspin yesterday with my 7 iron! Like I never get backspin, but these balls almost do it for me.

Thanks again to Boz and Vision Golf for being such a great company, and if you havnt order a pack from him NOW! You wont regret it.

MikeF - Don't you love the extras Boz sends your way... Have fun testing! I'll be interested to hear what you think of the other balls. I know you and I had similiar finding and I'm interested to see if you get similiar 'tendencies' with the other balls.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Certainly do, will be trying the 808's first I think. Not sure if I can force myself to use a pink ball though - hehe

To be honest they are going to have trouble knocking the X3's out of my bag now though

Certainly do, will be trying the 808's first I think. Not sure if I can force myself to use a pink ball though - hehe

To be honest they are going to have trouble knocking the X3's out of my bag now though

I think you'll like the Russell/808's... I've been playing those along with the UVX3. Without saying too much and ruining you're testing experience... they feel and performed similiarly to the UVX3s for me, with a few slight differences.

And definitely play a round with the others... I'm interested to see if you have similiar results.

I think you'll like the Russell/808's... I've been playing those along with the UVX3. Without saying too much and ruining you're testing experience... they feel and performed similiarly to the UVX3s for me, with a few slight differences.

And definitely play a round with the others... I'm interested to see if you have similiar results.

I will have to try the 808's after my UV:X3 balls run out. Sounds like another great Vision Product!

Played another round tonight on a course that I struggled on big style last time out resulting in a 104 - ouch

Used 1 UV X3 for the entire round, although I almost lost it on 13.

Didn't really play all that great tonight, but good enough to beat my playing partners in the Gross / Net and Stableford games we had going on

I also used the Vision Tees for the entire round and didn't snap or loose one. Just need a Ball Marker and then I would have the full set - hehe

As usual I will break my thoughts down into the clubs used

Driver, 3w & Rescue 11
Tonight I really struggled from the tee, most of my shots were going right and not even the straight flight dimples could help to correct them. When I did hit good shots the ball continues to perform and impress me. Arrow straight or slight fades / draws is what I was seeing. The ball comes of the clubface very hot and just flies for ever. Took me till the 16th hole to find a fairway with anything longer than my Rescue 11.

Irons
Really pleased with how the ball performed tonight with the irons despite me not playing all that well. It took me till the 7th fairway to find the middle of the club face.
Every good shot I hit produced a nice high ball flight that pitched and stopped instantly. I managed to get a 4i to spin back on the approach to the 7th and a 9i on the 11th. The rest of the shots were all within a foot of there pitch marks. I will say that tonight the pitch marks I was making were rather large and deep, but this could have been down to the greens being a little on the soft side. I found it quite easy to hit both a draw and fade when I got my game going, I do think the ball is helping a little with the draw.

Short Game
I think I have finally learned to control the X3's now around the green as I played quite a few shots that I was really pleased with. I made sure that I hit my landing zones to ensure that the ball ran out to the desired location. I even managed to get a few shots to pitch and stop quickly when I had to hit over bunkers or had no green to work with. I managed to spin a 56 wedge back on one pitch so that made a nice change. I am going to continue to work on the short game control with these as this is the only real part of the game that I am not 100% confident in with the X3. It is getting there though.

Putting
As usual the <Vision> logo was used for alignment on every single putt. Have I mentioned that there is no better alignment aid on any other ball out there - hehe. Felt I putted quite well tonight despite 2 3 putts as I had the pace of the greens and was giving every putt a chance of dropping. Managed to hole a few crucial putts during the round to keep my score going. The ball comes of the club face very nicely and makes a distinct clicking noise.

Conclusion
I think it is safe to say that I love these balls, the X3's really are a great ball and have now found a permanent place in my bag. It's a good thing I have 6 of each now thanks to Boz although I think I will be ordering some more in the near future.

Ended up shooting a 84 tonight

I still have 1 X3 and 1 UV X3 remaining from the original 6 balls that I received and have played 10 rounds of golf with them so far.

I am not sure which ball I am going to use next round as I have some new balls from Boz to try out.

If people are sitting on the fence regarding these balls then I strongly urge you to send Boz a PM and sort yourself out a THP Test pack so that you can see for yourself just how good these balls are. I really do think that they have contributed to my recent scores

Vision Golf are onto a winner if you ask me :D

Back