Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

I have tried far too many balls in the last year and want to stick with one. Just got done blind testing the B330 RX and thought it was great. Not sure I want to pay that much everytime I need balls and looking for a lower priced option. I have a test pack from Vision and will try several options but wanted to see what others thoughts are about the closest ball to my current favorite.
This is my thinking, to a point, as well. Now that the test is over, I can focus on my Vision pack instead of just hitting one every now and then. I want to put as much thought into feeling out the ball as I did the RX. I'll be going out tomorrow and probably will start with the 808. I birdied a hole easily on the one hole I've played one on previously.

This is my thinking, to a point, as well. Now that the test is over, I can focus on my Vision pack instead of just hitting one every now and then. I want to put as much thought into feeling out the ball as I did the RX. I'll be going out tomorrow and probably will start with the 808. I birdied a hole easily on the one hole I've played one on previously.

I got so wrapped up in the testing that I completely forgot I ordered and received my Vision pilot test pack, looks like I am back into trying out a new ball (actually several different ones) again. I will probably put the pink one in the bag and hit it on holes when no one else is around hehe.

I got so wrapped up in the testing that I completely forgot I ordered and received my Vision pilot test pack, looks like I am back into trying out a new ball (actually several different ones) again. I will probably put the pink one in the bag and hit it on holes when no one else is around hehe.

I have a yellow one I'll trade you for the pink one!

I have a yellow one I'll trade you for the pink one!

Haha, you have a deal! Thank you so much, but you must promise not to let Old Gray steal it. :D

I will probably put the pink one in the bag and hit it on holes when no one else is around hehe.

I hear ya on that one. I figured if I played it some up in the mountains, at least you'd all know where it came from and wouldn't laugh....too hard.

You guys bring me all the Vision gel balls (pink or any other color) you can and I'll swap you a yellow UV ball for them. I love those gel balls and I'm out of them. I just lost my pinky ball on #18 the other day and I was sad.

You guys bring me all the Vision gel balls (pink or any other color) you can and I'll swap you a yellow UV ball for them. I love those gel balls and I'm out of them. I just lost my pinky ball on #18 the other day and I was sad.

I would love to. I have plenty of pink and blue balls(for OG haha)

All you 'guys' giving away the 'pinky' will deeply regret it when someone who's man enough to use pink gets it going. It's a very special ball......

PS. I am 5 foot 7 and 238pound male.

So after looking back at what I've played from Vision..

UV:X3/X3-
Play much like a premium ball. In my experience the side spin off the tee or longer shots isn't much. The iron shots are still soft off the clubs but the cover themselves aren't exactly as soft as some may like. I don't find it as soft as a Penta. But they still jump off the club while feeling soft. The wedge game for the ball is nice I can't exactly spin the ball but I can atleast get this ball to stop or stay around its divot within two feet. The balls themselves has a good cover and don't scuff from the wedges not from my experience. But for putting, the best part being the visual aides such as the VISION logo to line up your putts to even the strike of putting is still soft.

The Gel Series-
I was able to game the blue, pink and 808 prototype series in my initial testing. And I felt as if those weren't for me but I can say they were just a step below the X3 series in terms of distance and the soft feel. It still has the logos but from my experience that's the best part of the gel series is the putting alignment.

Put the Vision line to the test yesterday in the golf outing. I gave the X3 and 808 to my dad. The WB to his buddy and I switched between the Gel and Pinky.
My dad loved the 808 more than the X3. He loved the day glow yellow color, the feel off the putter and driver and felt it was longer than the X3. He felt the X3 had no get up and go. He did compare the 808 to a Prov1 and it was 5 yards shorter and not as straight. Mind you he is not the straighter hitter of the ball, carries a 15hdcp and is 68 years young. But he knows what he likes and has been doing it for my entire life.
I really enjoy the GEL and the Pinky. The latter goes so straight. Every swing with the Pink was straight as an arrow. I full club shorter than my usual ball but you could hit it onto a 5yd fairway. The Gel flies high and soft. It really gets up in the jet stream and lands so soft. The green we played were less than a year old so they were firm and the GEL did it's best impression of the sit and spin. I saw no lose of length but tons of back spin. I hit a couple of blocks that really moved quite a bit to the right, rape silly with the driver. Oh I was given a great deal of grief for playing a pink ball. I finally told the invited guest that he needed to get a clue, it could be perfect for your game but you will never know. He lost his ball (WB) on his first drive of the day.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Now that the Blind ball is known I was wondering what Vision ball do you guys think is closest to the Bridgestone B330 RX. I am looking forward to trying out several Vision balls and seeing how they stack up.
I have 2 balls that I use as Game balls. One is the Bridgestone B330 RX.
The other is the Vision.---.
Sorry but I promised Boz that I would let you guys check out his gear without saying too much.
IMO there is a Vision Ball that is Identical to the RX.

Sorry but I promised Boz that I would let you guys check out his gear without saying too much.

I think I know which ball you are talking about.

The more I use these balls the the more I like them. As for durability the pictures below are for a ball that has played around 4 rounds of golf and is still going strong. I don't think you can say that about many other balls on the market

f1ffb812.jpg

9ac33d92.jpg

9bd6a3a6.jpg

The marks you see are the only scuff marks on the ball, I haven't been scrubbing it clean either, it only gets rubbed with a wet towel to remove the mud aand grass from it when needed

I would love to. I have plenty of pink and blue balls(for OG haha)

Yea I can always use some blue balls! I can't wait to get me a sack full of those puppies..

Glad to know the ball I am looking for is out there. Looking forward to getting on the course this weekend to find out for myself.

I'm beyond the honeymoon stage and I'm still in love with these balls. I even played my current gamer the UV:X3 against my old gamer 20XI-X, just to make sure.
Both balls are long off the tee for me and are similiar distances off my irons as well. The biggest difference is that the UV:X3 flies straighter for me and I am hitting more fairways and more greens. The straight flight technology Boz has in these balls is awesome. And my mishits are better with the UV:X3. My biggest miss is low and off the heel... with the Nike it turns into a big slice and the Vision ball ends up being a soft fade. It's funny to hit a ball and have the initial reaction of "OH NO!" and to look up and see your ball in play or just off the fairway. And at the same time I can more easily control any draws or fades I try to play with the UV:X3. With this ball I have more confidence to play a draw, which had been difficult for me. In the past and with the 20XI-X I would either over do it or it wouldn't come off.
The only think I ever complained about the Vision ball was the lack of greenside spin and the Nike has plenty of it. I have gotten used to the lesser greenside spin of the UV:X3 and now I prefer it. Playing for the roll out I have been able to judge where the ball will end up more easily for a tap in. Previously I would play aggressively trying to figure out where I would land the ball? how much spin is going to be on the ball? will it one hop and stop? two hops? will it roll after it stops? A lot to think about... With the UV:X3 I just pick a club based on the trajectory I want and choose a landing spot for the amount of roll I plan on getting. SO MUCH EASIER! The only time I miss the extra spin is when I short side myself. But I have a few shots I've been working on for those few occasions.

Ultimately BOZ has a bunch of different offerings... and I found they all have different tendencies for my game. I think there is a ball in there for everyone... or maybe even a multiple. I know for myself I have a few balls I play taking advantage of the tendencies they produce... I'm still playing with the multi-ball formula, but I think it can be a huge advantage in amateur golf.

I am hoping to head out for a round tomorrow and if I do I shall be trying out the 808 Ball I think. It feels a little softer than the X3's so may give a little more bite around the greens. What ever ball I use an update will follow shortly after the round.

I can't believe that I still have 2 of the original test balls left. Thought I would have lost them or they become unusable by now. Not the case though

Played a really quick 9 holes tonight, racing against the dusk:act-up:

I played the UV and it really helped as the light was pretty dim. It launched pretty low with a slight draw off my new TM SF 2.0. I got good distance off the tee, never had to use a hybrid or Fw and the longest iron I hit was the 7 iron. Nice feel with this ball, we´re better pals now than in the begining when I favoured the 808. I had pretty good spinn on a couple of greens and some roll out on some. Enjoyed the ball off the putter and shot one of my best 9 holes for the year. 39 on a par 36 course. really happy with how the ball worked off my new driver.

Really love that the Visions are so durable.

I am hoping to head out for a round tomorrow and if I do I shall be trying out the 808 Ball I think. It feels a little softer than the X3's so may give a little more bite around the greens. What ever ball I use an update will follow shortly after the round.

I can't believe that I still have 2 of the original test balls left. Thought I would have lost them or they become unusable by now. Not the case though

Mike - I have been playing with an 808 ball lately and I love that thing. It does have very good bite around the greens and I was impressed with the overall performance. Very solid feel off the irons and good trajectory. These balls just want to go straight but I do put a little draw action on them for effect :eek:)....

Test Date: 1st September 2011 AM
Clubs Used: :taylormade: R11 Driver and Rescue 11, :nike: VR Pro Combo Irons and Wedges, :taylormade: Ghost Maranello TM880 Putter
Ball Used: Vision 808 Prototype
Environment: Sunny with a slight breeze

Managed to get out today for 9 holes, I had intended to play a full 18 but there was a huge backlog on the 10th tee (2 4Balls, 1 3Ball and 1 2Ball waiting to go) so called it a day.

Today was my first time out in 10 days due to being very busy at home and sadly it showed. I didn't really strike the ball very well at all today with my irons and didn't even keep score (which I something I always do).

I will as usual break my post down into the individual sections with my thoughts

R11 Driver & Rescue 11
Very impressed with the ball from the tee with both my driver and rescue. I made a change to my driver setup today and it really did make a difference. No drives leaked out to the right at all. They were all straight down the middle with a hint of fade. Really pleased with those results, lets hope it continues as I get more used to the change. What I did notice with the Rescue club was that I was hitting a draw very easily, even more so than I did with the X3's. Now I am not sure if this is down to the 808 or not but I did like what I saw. The ball feels very similar to the X3's for me and to be honest I was hard pushed to tell the difference when striking the ball off the tee.

Irons
If I am being honest I hit 2 good irons shots all round and didn't hit the green with either. Manged to spin a 52* wedge back off the green though. Was very surprised with that result as was my playing partner. Had it not been for the spin it would have been a tap in birdie. Pretty sure the X3's would have pitched and stopped rather than coming back 15 foot or so. Need to investigate this some more.
The other good shot was an 8i that was struck dead centre of the club, producing a nice high draw that ended up on the left fringe but pin high.
Again the ball feels very similar and produces a similar noise as the X3's do.

Short Game
To be honest my short game pretty much sucked today, never really hit a chip or a pitch that I was happy with. The ball did seem to sit down quicker than the X'3 though with not as much release. I fully intend to test this next time out when hopefully I bring my game to the course instead of leaving it at home.

Putting
Nothing really to say here, ball feels very similar to the X3's when leaving the club face. Just a pity that I didn't make anything today. Used the <Vision> logo to align every putt as I always do. It sure does help to know you have a good alignment aid before starting your stroke.

Conclusion
Need to do some more testing with the 808. From my brief spell with it I do like what I have seen. Only time will tell if it as good as the X3's have been for me.
It does appear to be brighter than the X3 UV ball

I did however snap 2 of my Vision tee's (the short ones)

Hoping to get out again early next week for a full 18.

Great review MikeF. I like the 808, but the UV X3 still does it best for me

+1 to that. the 808 is a good ball but the X3 series is really the ball for me.
Heading out to the range/green today after classes.

Cheers, I will give the 808 time (I have 3 of them to try out) before deciding if it is as good as the X3's for my game.

Got all the other goodies to go through as well, going to be a while before I have tried them all I think - hehe

I will tell you this MikeF, The UV:X3 is my main ball, but I use the Russell/808 quite a bit as well... I get similiar performance, but not as much spin or shot shape/trajectory control...
Next time you play at dusk, use the Russell/808 it's great in low light conditions.

I will tell you this MikeF, The UV:X3 is my main ball, but I use the Russell/808 quite a bit as well... I get similiar performance, but not as much spin or shot shape/trajectory control...
Next time you play at dusk, use the Russell/808 it's great in low light conditions.

Interesting you don't get as much spin, I think the 808 is a little softer than the X3's meaning in theory it should produce a little more spin.

I liked the UV X3 in low light conditions so I can only wonder what the 808 will look like. May get a chance to see it early next week

Back