Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Played a round this afternoon with the Arctic White. Shot 6 over par and only missed one fairway. For me this ball played very similar to the E6 if not a little better. It was straight and long which led to my lowest round of the season. No penalty strokes today and has been a while since I could say that. I actually struggled a little around the greens with the wedges today but it was more me than the ball. I was expecting the ball to roll out more like the E6 but it actually checked up quite quickly. The ball felt good off the putter and the alignment aid is the best out there by far. Looking forward to trying a gel or X3 next time out but was impressed by the Arctic white as this was my first time using the ball.

P.S. I tried the tees Boz sent in the package and really liked them. Seemed very durable and just the right height for the Driver.

used the gel for 9 today and 18 yesterday. i was losing about 25 yards on my drives and 5-10 on my irons closer to 10 on most shots. also played 9 with the artic white X3 i liked them a lot better than the gel balls. need to play some more holes to see how they are distance wise.

Played the UV:X3 balls for the fifth straight weekend and have shot my all time best scores which are below 80. One more time tomorrow and it will be six times for Sat/Sun with the Vision UV:X3 golf ball leading the way. Hey ,,,,, great golf balls really helped my game so you need to try these things out for sure. They really want to go straight and land soft of the greens. I am not a great putter but these balls are the best putting balls on the planet......Take it from ole gray these puppies will bark!!!!!!!!

Played the UV:X3 balls for the fifth straight weekend and have shot my all time best scores which are below 80. One more time tomorrow and it will be six times for Sat/Sun with the Vision UV:X3 golf ball leading the way. Hey ,,,,, great golf balls really helped my game so you need to try these things out for sure. They really want to go straight and land soft of the greens. I am not a great putter but these balls are the best putting balls on the planet......Take it from ole gray these puppies will bark!!!!!!!!

Nice going buddy, I haven't found the same success with the UV:X3 as you, although I do think it to be a good ball I have many more in my package to try out. I do like the hat and have worn it several times already. See you Wednesday.

haha great stuff OG. But still waiting to hear back from KB!

Played the X3 today for the entire round with no switching. For some reason it wasn't as soft as I would have liked off the tee. I have had better balls(vision- x3s) then the one I played today for some reason. I had a total of 4 shots that were like that had spin like this..(the distance to the cup is in the 2nd picture..my dads shot is the further one :D)
FA2CC850-orig.jpg

40B24E82-orig.jpg

Nice shot TC1, I still need to give these a shot sometime.

Nice shot TC1, I still need to give these a shot sometime.

I highly recommend it. For me it plays just like a premium ball. I may not be able to spin the ball like others or back it up but the soft cover and the hit and spot I get from the ball is exactly what I want/get.

I highly recommend it. For me it plays just like a premium ball. I may not be able to spin the ball like others or back it up but the soft cover and the hit and spot I get from the ball is exactly what I want/get.

I like the hit and stop, spinning back is only good when you over shoot it.

I was able to get out and play today for the first time in a bit, but only played 9. Had a decent day for me shooting a 45 with the vision UVX3 and a 47 with a bridgestone B330RX. Had a decent ball striking day and just a few stupid mistakes so was happy overall. A few notes from the round...

Off the driver - This is where I've struggled the most with the UVX3, but that's been me, and today proved that all to well. I was striking the ball well and getting good flight. I'm predominantly hitting a slight fade now, and did so with the UVX3 today. I can't say that I've seen the self correcting in flight, but I will say I'm happy with the ball flight. I've never really hit the ball high, but I get a good penetrating ball flight and decent roll. I was seeing pretty close to the same distance with both balls occasionally hitting one further than the other, but never by much (~5 yards at most) and neither consistently further than the other.

I did notice a slightly different tone than other balls I've been playing (usually the penta, sometimes nike one tour D, and the Bridgestone I played today). I'm having a hard time placing the sound, and it wasn't a bad sound, just different. I've been trying to pay more attention to the sound and feel more to tell if I struck the ball well to try to help me keep my head down, and the different sound threw me off a little bit.

Off the irons - These feel really nice off my irons, fly straight, and the balls seem to drop nice and soft. Iron play was really the best thing of my round today and I loved how the UVX3 reacted for me. The balls felt crisp when struck (for lack of a better way of describing it). Again I saw no discernible distance between them and the bridgstone, and the feel was just as nice with both balls.

wedge play - I still struggle a bit with these when I'm short sided to the hole on short chips. This is something that I wouldn't have to deal with if I could get my aim a little better on my approach shots, but it happening more often lately. The roll out is just harder for me to gauge and I hit the Bridgestone better in this area. When I have more room I'm pretty happy with how it rolls out and I usually end up closer to the pin. I've tried a couple of the suggestions on dealing with this, and really think I just need to practice flop shots with it and get a better read on how much it will roll out when doing that.

Putting - The confidence these balls give me standing over them is awesome. I do have to remember they seem to take just a little bit more oomph to get the same difference as any other ball I've tried them against. They do roll well, and I've been putting much better since I started using these. The help I've gotten using them has translated over to other balls I've been playing and I've been putting better in general since using the Vision balls.

Overall, felt great using them today and the only area the Bridgestone did better for me today, was on the short chip shots onto the green.

Chekered.....I have had extensive backyard practice with trying to pitch it into a laundry basket/hamper. It helps to get that height you need for it to drop and stop. I put the basket about three club lengths away and picture I have 100% bunker to clear.Landing it in the basket will pretty much ensure a minimal roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKME8DFeXAA

Hope it helps.

So many good reviews, by so many different types of players! I am definitely interested in trying these out and have sent OZ a PM about getting hooked up with some of these balls. I am still on the search for a ball to play regularly so I figured i would add these to the list of the balls to try.

So many good reviews, by so many different types of players! I am definitely interested in trying these out and have sent OZ a PM about getting hooked up with some of these balls. I am still on the search for a ball to play regularly so I figured i would add these to the list of the balls to try.

These balls work out great and quality is good as well. No scuffs from wedges for me, but cart paths of course. You won't be disappointed, but just try out each ball(gel series to the X3 series)

golfinFF - There are several different options so make sure to try them all... you may be surprised which one works best for your game.

I put the Russell/808 in play this weekend instead of the UV:X3 which I had been primarily using. The Russell had been my secondary ball, but I wanted to put in play again and see how it performed.

What a great ball... It plays a lot like the UV:X3. Has a very similiar feel, I can compress it very well, but it doesn't have a marshmellow feel. At the same time, it has a little firmness to it so I can feel where I hit it on the clubface. This ball is longer than the UV:X3 off the driver, but similiar in distance with the irons. I would say the Russell is a more forgiving ball on mishits as well, a few balls I thought I hit a hair fat and high on the clubface didn't lose as much distance as I thought they would. It doesn't have as much spin (including side spin) as the UV:X3, but it has a little bit higher ball flight for me and still lands soft. Well struck balls on full wedge shots do have some spin and can come back a little, but again not as much as the UV:X3. A great ball and it could be a toss up for me between the two... I think a lot will depend on how I'm striking the ball and overall weather/course.

Another point I think that should be mentioned is that I LOVE the color of the Russell... the BEST yellow ball I have ever seen!

I'm glad I put this ball back in play for a full 18... I played extremely well with it! And it will be back in play for sure.

After my time with all of the VISION golf balls, the 2 stand outs for me and my game has been the UV:X3 and the Russell/808. These balls seem to fit my game extremely well and minimize my misses. I can't see these coming out of my bag until the UV:X4 or Russell 2 come out... and if Boz can improve upon these balls watch out golfing world!

Chekered.....I have had extensive backyard practice with trying to pitch it into a laundry basket/hamper. It helps to get that height you need for it to drop and stop. I put the basket about three club lengths away and picture I have 100% bunker to clear.Landing it in the basket will pretty much ensure a minimal roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKME8DFeXAA

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the input! Thing is, I can get it up what I would think is a reasonable amount for a short chip, land it relatively close to where i was hoping to, but it still seems to roll out more than I anticipate and more than I get out of some of the other balls. I have found some luck though trying to land it on the fringe and slow the roll a bit. At my skill level (I'm playing at about a 19/20 handicap) I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just not getting it up as high as I really need to. Good thing is, as I've mentioned before, I'm putting much better which is helping in these situations. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTCpkYqF8Ig

Chekered....I'm a 26hcp and appreciate what your dealing with. Another Vision user in Aus gave us this link and it has helped with calculating 'roll out'.....quickly makes you look like a pro... ;)
I know it's not specific to the situation you explained but may help.

Thanks, TheChosen1 and ColdBeau!

My balls are on order!:alien2:

Played with a mix of different Vision offerings my last few times out. I think the color of the 808 is my favorite. It is so bright and can be seen from a mile away. I think the size of the <VISION> alignment aid is perfect. I need to spend some more time with it and will likely need to order some more as I only have one left but I love the feel of this ball. I have been using a multi ball strategy as has been discussed earlier and have leaned on the Arctic when I need to hit a narrow fairway. Still working out the distances between each ball but off the driver it seems to provide the similar distance and shot dispersion as I have seen with the Bridgestone line.

got to chip and putt with my gel balls this morning quick for the 2 hours it hasn't rained in the last week here. i think green side and putting these are pretty good balls. still was losing a little distance with them on full shots but they are great around the green. I think im gonna keep them in my bag for when i play chip and putt or practicing. and start hitting my X3s finally and see how i like them. I think im gonna like these a lot more than i already like the gels.

No prob... Play everything you get for a handful of holes before passing judgement (even Pinky). Like I said, I experienced a few subtle different tendencies between the different balls and I'm sure there is a best ball for everyone in there.

HAVE FUN!!!

Great!! You'll enjoy it and like coldbeau said try everything. I've got a round in a few minutes to give a review on the X3 again since the last ball I played wasn't as soft as I remember. Glad you out in an order it's money well spent! You'll have them this coming week for sure

The durability of the balls are great in my opinion. I'll have to take a picture of a ball that has been through some rounds and man it still lives. Now because it does have scratches I don't play it much but I have found this to be very good for Vision golf it's something that I hope they don't change.

Overall the ball for me either hits and stays within the divot by two feet or it will roll out a yard or two which is something I could get used to. Still love the balls!

The durability of the balls are great in my opinion. I'll have to take a picture of a ball that has been through some rounds and man it still lives. Now because it does have scratches I don't play it much but I have found this to be very good for Vision golf it's something that I hope they don't change.

Overall the ball for me either hits and stays within the divot by two feet or it will roll out a yard or two which is something I could get used to. Still love the balls!

Agreed. They are some of the most durable balls I have ever played. I think vision really has something with these balls.

Where do you buy these? Anywhere in Canada? Wouldn't mind giving them a shot

Back