Volvik Condor and Condor X Golf Balls Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Volvik is a brand that has seamlessly injected the fun element of golf into their product lines. Their inventory boasts an extensive range of golf balls, many featuring vibrant colors, and some even contain superhero emblems. However, despite their playful approach, Volvik still strives to reach the golfer who is more focused on performance, and that is the golfer they are targeting with their two newest offerings within their Tour Performance line, the Condor and Condor X golf balls.

Continue reading...

Interesting read is the white carbon material similar to graphene that Callaway had? 42.99 is a good price on a urethane ball these days.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't consider the spin off the 7I or the wedge to be "performance" Heck, I saw better numbers off of a Super Soft I found.

Interesting read is the white carbon material similar to graphene that Callaway had? 42.99 is a good price on a urethane ball these days.
It is pretty different, but in some ways you could say act similarly. Weight and strength come to mind.

• Staff
Quite frankly, I wouldn't consider the spin off the 7I or the wedge to be "performance" Heck, I saw better numbers off of a Super Soft I found.
Congrats?Some things to consider…testing off a mat generally produces less spin than outdoors. The wedge shot was not a full SW, those wedges were showing much more spin, but I preferred the consistency in this data set and went with that. As always with anything data related in a review, your mileage may vary.

Nice write up @ddec! It’s surprising that Volvik is using chaoite, a.k.a. “White Carbon” in their golf balls, when rubber/tire companies like Bridgestone and Sumitomo are not. I don’t believe that the rubber cores on these Volvik Condor golf balls “will not age”. All rubber products will degrade over time. Now, it certainly might delay these effects.

• Staff
I put the Condor in play for a good chunk of my round on Monday and I was pretty impressed with it. Early season golf can lead to some rather interesting swings and results but I saw some good things. Condor reminds me very much of the Z-Star I played for years, so that is definitely not a bad thing. Conditions were soft which I’m sure helped, but liked what I experienced with wedges and even had several short iron shots rip back a bit. See how that evolves when things firm up.

I love this picture @ddec
1709727790666.png

I have been testing the Condor quite a bit recently. Seeing over 11k spin on the wedges, and on 50% shots, getting plenty of spin as well.
Distance is rock solid for me. A ball I wouldn't hesitate to play at any time.

Definitely interesting stuff. I think the Condor is the no-brainer pick of the two for you based off the data you produced. How do they compare in feel to the V1/V1x and the new Callaway balls? Just a good baseline for me in my mind.

Definitely interesting stuff. I think the Condor is the no-brainer pick of the two for you based off the data you produced. How do they compare in feel to the V1/V1x and the new Callaway balls? Just a good baseline for me in my mind.
for me these two feel more like going from Z star to Z star diamond. The difference I got from them was much closer than I see with something like Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour X in the sound/feel department.

This photo was from a few weeks ago. While messing with the Condor.

1709728525814.png

for me these two feel more like going from Z star to Z star diamond. The difference I got from them was much closer than I see with something like Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour X in the sound/feel department.
Ok that helps quite a bit actually. In my mind it would baseline as a touch softer. The Z is a great feeling golf ball, so that's a solid compliment imo.

Great write up @ddec! The technology in these is pretty interesting. They talk about the core material maintaining its properties longer. This is not something I’ve ever thought about before.

Pretty interesting the trajectories vs spin. It’s not what I would have expected.

The price point for these is awesome just as @Golfers Anonymous indicated.

If you set a green out there that ball would have spun back 3 yards lol. That's a lot of spin!
Esp for a hack like me haha

Nice write up @ddec !
As a user of the Volvik S4 back in the day, I know that Volvik makes a good "Tour Performance" ball.
I'll be interested to read your feedback from your rounds with these golf balls.

Hmm seeing more data has me stopping at GG tonight.

Never really thought of Volvik as a performance ball. Especially with Bubba Watsons disaster year when he made the switch. I do like the name Condor and the alignment aid seems solid. How would you describe the color white? Bright or slightly off?

Also personally I found it amusing for some reason that Volvik has some how beat Bridgestone to using something from a tire in their golf ball, although it's entirely possible maybe they have and I missed it.

I really like what Volvik is doing, their releases so far this year are super interesting. Definitely want to give these a go.

Great write up @ddec

Never really thought of Volvik as a performance ball. Especially with Bubba Watsons disaster year when he made the switch. I do like the name Condor and the alignment aid seems solid. How would you describe the color white? Bright or slightly off?

Also personally I found it amusing for some reason that Volvik has some how beat Bridgestone to using something from a tire in their golf ball, although it's entirely possible maybe they have and I missed it.
I've only ever thought of colors, Bubba, and spiderman. My little guy has a 4 pack of the Spiderman balls that he uses to hit in the back yard.

But this ball was honestly a little eye opening for me. Indoors I was impressed, 1 outdoor round, I'm still impressed.

Nobody near me even shows them on their website. Not even Carls. 50 years and I have never known Carls to not have any serious product in stock. Golf Galaxy doesn't have them. Neither does Dunhams. Weird...

Nobody near me even shows them on their website. Not even Carls. 50 years and I have never known Carls to not have any serious product in stock. Golf Galaxy doesn't have them. Neither does Dunhams. Weird...
They literally just came out and are being released currently.
Lots of places carry Volvik and will be carrying this line as well in the near future.

Back