So finally got mine in hand, and absolutely love this piece. One thing I did not like was the leather buckle strap. Just not a fan of how it functions, and I am a lefty and I seem to fumble with this. Finding a replacement strap I would be happy with deemed more difficult than normal. The lugs are 23mm, so I would find a strap but they made 22 or 24mm, or I would find 23mm but the color was not right. (Since this is a bronze watch you just cant be willy nilly with colors)

Any ways found a strap, got delivered last night, and it really made the watch pop. Going back to your post, I am in your camp, was never a huge fan of Tudor but considering the heritage of the company, and the stupid pricing of Rolex, yes I can 100% agree with this. Amazing piece, and will be looking for a Pelagos in the future to finish off my collection.
Not sure if you’ve ever tried on a Pelagos 39 but it fits so well. Its the only watch I’ve ever come across that I felt could scratch the itch for a sub

Not sure if you’ve ever tried on a Pelagos 39 but it fits so well. Its the only watch I’ve ever come across that I felt could scratch the itch for a sub
No not yet. But the blue dial. :love::love:

On the wrist this week is the newly purchased Tudor Heritage BB Bronze.

IMG_2805.jpeg

Been wanting a Pelagos for a long time but am still not ready to spend that kind of money. Hoping this full titanium Certina 38mm that arrived today will scratch that itch for a while. (It was also very hard to capture the interesting color of the bezel/dial and the vibrancy of the pips.

IMG_2223.jpeg

Ok so now I'm really looking and the speed master is my ultimate goal and I can get 1 gray market fairly priced, but I can also get a back bay, a breitling colt, and others. So many good options but omega holds a soft spot for me and I've always wanted 1.

Ok so now I'm really looking and the speed master is my ultimate goal and I can get 1 gray market fairly priced, but I can also get a back bay, a breitling colt, and others. So many good options but omega holds a soft spot for me and I've always wanted 1.
I have two. They are both early 2k models. Cannot go wrong. I found good deals on both and will never let them go.

I have two. They are both early 2k models. Cannot go wrong. I found good deals on both and will never let them go.
My grandfather had 1 and I just loved the way it looked. He had a speed master that was old but took care of it and it always ran no issues. My cousin got it and I haven't seen it since.

My grandfather had 1 and I just loved the way it looked. He had a speed master that was old but took care of it and it always ran no issues. My cousin got it and I haven't seen it since.
Speedmaster is my grail, especially either a FOIS or a hesalite sandwich. I feel like I may pick up a MoonSwatch if I can next time I’m in an area with a Swatch store to see it that scratches the itch.

Speedmaster is my grail, especially either a FOIS or a hesalite sandwich. I feel like I may pick up a MoonSwatch if I can next time I’m in an area with a Swatch store to see it that scratches the itch.
I tried for a moonswatch but I'm not waiting for hours for a swatch quartz watch. The blancpain are cool though.

Yeah I have a few of those instances but they revolved around family guns

What’s on the wrist this week. Seiko Scuba Diver ref 7001-7002 case. New bezel, face, NH movement, uncle Seiko strap, and bezel insert. Watch was basically water destroyed but rehabbed to this state.

IMG_2813.jpeg

Get the Speedy! You can’t go wrong with it

Not the best picture by finally got my Pelagos FXD. Only had to drive for 1.5 hours each way. I love this watch and think it'll be a great candidate for every day wear. Super light and a clean look. Now to dive down the strap rabbit hole.

2E598C32-0457-4352-9D46-48388EF9F75E_1_105_c.jpeg

I always try to justify new watch purchases to my wife by stating how watches mostly retain their value and I can for example "easily sell a Rolex" if I ever needed to. In that sense a watch isn't a car or an expensive TV that quickly depreciate in value. Anyway, you get the gist.

With that out of the way--Does anyone have experience selling watches? On what platforms? And do you actually find it worthwhile?

I sold an Oris for $1500 on ebay once years ago and total fees were 25% of the price. Wonder if there are better channels.

Do you guys use leather conditioners on your straps? Was thinking about some mink oil to soften it up?
10/10 recommend the mink oil for stiff straps.

Get the Speedy! You can’t go wrong with it
Do it! I'm probably joining you on this in not too long. Waiting for a few financial things to go as planned and then I'll feel comfortable with it.

I considered other watches but once I held a Speedy sapphire sandwich I knew that was the one. Anything else would be a substitute, so I'd rather just spend once on what I really want.

I always try to justify new watch purchases to my wife by stating how watches mostly retain their value and I can for example "easily sell a Rolex" if I ever needed to. In that sense a watch isn't a car or an expensive TV that quickly depreciate in value. Anyway, you get the gist.

With that out of the way--Does anyone have experience selling watches? On what platforms? And do you actually find it worthwhile?

I sold an Oris for $1500 on ebay once years ago and total fees were 25% of the price. Wonder if there are better channels.
I know a couple people who have used Chrono24 that said it was better than eBay. I have sold on reddit, but nothing with a huge value. I've also traded in to WatchFinder but in that instance you're obviously not getting as much as you would if you sold it outright.

Got a Seiko a few days ago
Date is in Spanish - pretty cool
IMG_9101.jpeg

I know a couple people who have used Chrono24 that said it was better than eBay. I have sold on reddit, but nothing with a huge value. I've also traded in to WatchFinder but in that instance you're obviously not getting as much as you would if you sold it outright.

Yeah Chrono24 seems to come up a lot. They have an escrow service which offers some level of peace of mind for both buyer and seller. I think they also charge a 10%+ commission as well.

I’ll add to this. I’ve bought and sold on Chrono24 and it was a great experience. I would never do either on eBay

Most of my purchase and sales have been on Reddit. They seem to filter out the riff raff fairly quickly. But not gonna lie it is scary handing over a chunk of change you have saved. Never had an issue selling on their either, (zero fees is a plus) but I have noticed certain pieces will sit longer than in years past. Economy?

So in selling if it’s a common model or maybe something a just off it may not move. For example, I have seen a drop in prices for Christopher Wards maybe don’t move as fast, same with Longines and Breitling. But Seiko Alpinists, specific Hamiltons and Omegas. Also Tudor seems to be hot on the market.

One model that a see a lot of not moving is Rolex Explorers. They have dropped in price a lot.

What’s on the wrist this week? My Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster.

IMG_2822.jpeg

Scheming what my next one will be so it's not just my Tissot every week in respond to that question. :ROFLMAO:
Also we have a 1967 Rolex explorer and a Tissot prx in my office right now with 2 other employees

Back