What are you building? (Club style)

Im building Srixon 545 irons with Matrix Program shafts.

and by building I mean at some point Im going to ship them off to my "club guy" to do

LOL. I was going to say, "DON'T DO IT!"

Got it buddy thanks, thinking about adding the extra weight to my 58. I like a little extra weight feel

Got it buddy thanks, thinking about adding the extra weight to my 58. I like a little extra weight feel

I usually keep them just in case I need them. I also have a stock of 2g and 4g weights as well for builds. Never know when you'll need them.

I was just going to ask how you know what each on is? And where that puts it in relation to C whatever

Kevin are you using shafting beads? Never really see anyone on here talking about them

I've never done any of this stuff so I'm not sure what your talking about

I was just going to ask how you know what each on is? And where that puts it in relation to C whatever

You can weight the individual parts and approximate swing weight, but the easiest and most reliable is to use a scale. I have one and just adjust as needed before I glue everything together.

A swing weight scale that is.

Thanks Hawk, sorry for all the newb questions

We've all been there buddy. Don't sweat it.

My general rule if you don't have a sw scale is this: If you are leaving the shaft length alone (not longer or shorter), you probably don't need to worry about swing weight. Shaft weight and grips will play a small part, but not on the same scale as length. If there's a weight in the old shaft, put it in the new one.

Everything needs a re-grip this winter. Pondering cutting down driver and 3w, and getting new shafts in my irons since they all need new grips anyways. Also pondering a new driver shaft.

What are you building? (Club style)

fc53f64abf29bc3e069f3205a162be0b.jpg

Took a little longer than I expected, but it's been fun so far

Looking good dude!

Some time in the next couple weeks I will be reshafting the apex mb with steelfibers and give my first crack at spinning and FLOing the shafts. Exciting!

The epoxy was a little tricky....trying not to make an effing mess. How long do I need to wait till I grip them.

I have a few secret grips I'm going to try with these.

Let em sit overnight dude, by around noonish tomorrow you should be a-ok.

Great job Kevin! I missed that you were doing this. Were you able to save the ferrules or are they new?

JM

I picked up new ones

Good. If those were the originals, I was gonna go out and get a heat gun because I always trash the originals with my torch. Lookin good sir!

JM

Looks good Kevin. I just did mine as well. Actually regripped prior to installing the shafts but should be OK.

I'll consider my first iron/wedge reshafting a success when I take some swings at the range and the heads don't go flying off!

Back