What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

Cuater Moneymaker shoes were so comfortable I almost forgot they were golf shoes.
They were the only pair that I didn't always change out of after I was done playing.

Lows

It has been said a few times here, the Jordan 1 Lows

It has been said a few times here, the Jordan 1 Lows
They are next up. I try on a pair of the black ones and gray ones every time I’m at Golf galaxy it’s gonna happen soon. I’m sure.

I bought the True links OG lux sports though.

Cuater Moneymaker shoes were so comfortable I almost forgot they were golf shoes.
They were the only pair that I didn't always change out of after I was done playing.
I have a pair of those - they are pretty good, a little snug for me but I'll survive.

If you are looking for a non golf shoe that you can play golf in, I would say ON cloudVentures, or any of the trail version of running shoes. Most come in a waterproof version.

If you are looking for a non golf shoe that you can play golf in, I would say ON cloudVentures, or any of the trail version of running shoes. Most come in a waterproof version.
I’ve never seen on clouds in person, but I hear all kinds of buzz about them

I like Cuater and True Linkswear

The correct answer as stated previously is the 1 low. I also wore the am90 a ton outside of golf and can't seem to kill them. Possibly the most durable sneaker ever going on year 3. Haven't done it yet but the am 1 og golf is about to become more of a sneaker for me. They get to dirty with the suedeish material on the course. These nice green ones are on sale.

Yeah I wear FJ Teaching Professional black shoes all the time to work. Very comfortable but unfortunately I don't think FJ makes them anymore 😕
I loved the Professional and still have a couple of pairs.

The Footjoy Premiere Field is the model that replaced the Professional. Great shoe!

I’ve never seen on clouds in person, but I hear all kinds of buzz about them
I did a lot of research into them, about 7 years ago, for my eldest's cross country shoes after a knee injury. They were a very new company then, but had a ton of professional marathon/ironman talking about how great they were. Not as advertisements, just reviews. So we bought one pair of the popular shoe, and one pair of ONs. He went to the preseason camp, where they run about 75 miles, came home and said these are the best shoes I have ever run in. We bought him a second pair and made the other non ON shoe his new school shoes. Now a ton of people that spend a lot of time on their feet for work, nurses, beauticians, etc. wear them for their comfort and stability. 5 years ago even I decided if they were good for my kid to run 500 miles in, they were probably good for my fat ass to walk around work in.

I did a lot of research into them, about 7 years ago, for my eldest's cross country shoes after a knee injury. They were a very new company then, but had a ton of professional marathon/ironman talking about how great they were. Not as advertisements, just reviews. So we bought one pair of the popular shoe, and one pair of ONs. He went to the preseason camp, where they run about 75 miles, came home and said these are the best shoes I have ever run in. We bought him a second pair and made the other non ON shoe his new school shoes. Now a ton of people that spend a lot of time on their feet for work, nurses, beauticians, etc. wear them for their comfort and stability. 5 years ago even I decided if they were good for my kid to run 500 miles in, they were probably good for my fat ass to walk around work in.
I need to find somewhere to try on a pair. I do a lot of treadmill running and currently using Hoka's, they are OK but sometimes get pain in my left foot

I need to find somewhere to try on a pair. I do a lot of treadmill running and currently using Hoka's, they are OK but sometimes get pain in my left foot
CloudMonsters or CloudStratus have the most support/cushion, but there are plenty of running shoes from them that would work. Looks like Up and Running, Fleet Feet, and Buckeye Running carry them in my very brief search of SW ohio.

Last edited:
I’m talking about shoes you can wear for a casual round of golf and also wear day to day for everything else.

I’m in the market. For perspective I enjoy simple designs like Olukai’s or True Linkswear for these types of shoes.

Bonus points if I could also use the shoe for the gym.

I have a couple pairs of Olukai’s and a pair of puma classics I use for my casual shoe needs currently but I wouldn’t golf in any of them.

True FS-01. Wear the black into the office all the time and then to the range after work. Have had a pair for a year and they look brand new.

True FS-01. Wear the black into the office all the time and then to the range after work. Have had a pair for a year and they look brand new.
Really love the look of the FS-01 and was close to ordering them before I ended up going with the True Lux Sport but I didn't know how to feel about the heel pad and heel pull that sticks up so far.

CloudMonsters or CloudStratus have the most support/cushion, but there are plenty of running shoes from them that would work. Looks like Up and Running, Fleet Feet, and Buckeye Running carry them in my very brief search of SW ohio.
I've been wanting to try some for a while. These might be the ones.

Jordan 1 low’s all day every day.

Found a pair of 1 low croc on tgw on sale for $99 so after all the high praise in here I snagged a pair.

I’ve got to stop with the shoes now. Hopefully my 3 pairs of different style golf shoes will be enough this season.

Found a pair of 1 low croc on tgw on sale for $99 so after all the high praise in here I snagged a pair.

I’ve got to stop with the shoes now. Hopefully my 3 pairs of different style golf shoes will be enough this season.
Disappointed 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

I love the TrueLinks Lux since they fit a wider foot. Great for being out and about and on the course.

TRUE linkswear LUX Pro Sneaker, Main, color, Pro White

Oh God, golf shoes are for golf… nothing else. Would a runner wear his running shoes to Bruges King? Noooo. My gym shoes stay at the gym too. When I practice I wear anything from sneakers to crocs to work boots…. Makes no difference.

Stan Smiths or Air Max 90's (y)
Stan Smiths are my go-to sneaker. I've worn them when hitting balls on a LM indoors and on turf hitting balls in my backyard. For actual play, the standard Stan Smith, not the golf version, would be a no go for me.

I wear Puma Fusion Crush Sports a good bit.

I have TM Wildcards and are ok off course, but in slippery or wet/damp conditions footing isn't as solid so I just keep a pair of Cuater Phenoms with me to swap out.

Back