What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran out of everything and played the B330-S the whole round today. What a great ball off the tee for me. Finding it tougher off the irons but when struck well, it just sticks greens.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Yoccos can you expand on what you mean by tougher? Do you mean sidespin?

I played the e6 nearly all weekend at Bandon. I've previously characterized the ball as decent but with limitations and said I like the Gamer2 better. This weekend the opposite was true. The e6 was long and straight and really did a solid job in the wind. I played the last round with the G2 and it was good, just not as good as the e6 (mostly noticeably shorter off the tee).

Played the e6 and Q-star this weekend. I liked the Q-star better. The e6 was nice to hit, but I had more issues holding a green than with the Q-stars.

Weather permitting, I'll try the HX Diablo Tours this afternoon.

played my last two rounds using the orange e6. im becoming a big fan of that ball. right up there with the q-star and gamer v2

I've played the TaylorMade TP Black LDPs for the last two seasons, and I'm quite happy with the change. They are a reduced spin ball, so I lose some of the ability to work the ball when I want to, but the reduced spin also makes the ball more forgiving than the high spin balls out there. I haven't noticed much distance loss and the trade off of straighter ball flight is worth it for me.

Last 3 rounds with the Nike 20xi-x. I love this ball on ALL shots. Driver swing speed is roughly 100 and I'm hitting drives 20 yards further compared to Calloway Chrome and Taylormade balls (TP 3 and Black) with better green side control. Local golf range/retail shop in my area sells them for 30% off reg price of $48. Dozen for about $34. Will play these from now on. I even bought a 20xi hat.

Played the TM RBZ today because I had a bunch left and quite liked it. I did notice a few times I expected to hit the green minimal roll if any and the RBZ rolled a lot more. Last hole of the day cost me a GIR

Played the TM RBZ today because I had a bunch left and quite liked it. I did notice a few times I expected to hit the green minimal roll if any and the RBZ rolled a lot more. Last hole of the day cost me a GIR
It's cause they are like rockets...

Started off the round using a found 20XI-S. I liked the ball off every other club except the putter. It had a very dead feel off the putter that I didn't enjoy. Did see some very nice distance and ball flight because I was having a very good front 9 striking the ball.

Switched to a found ProV1 after losing the Nike on 13. Only 2 drivers were on 17 and 18 and they were not very good. Did feel nicer off the putter then the Nike.

Used a noodle long and soft yesterday and loved it. Forgot to restock the bag and lost my only e6 so made the switch at hole 8. The noodle went just as far and just as straight off the driver and i liked how it felt alot more. I was able to land it soft on the greens with a full swing but couldnt manage any backspin, which i usually cant anyways.
Overall i liked it better than the e6. If only i had known this a year ago.

Used a noodle long and soft yesterday and loved it. Forgot to restock the bag and lost my only e6 so made the switch at hole 8. The noodle went just as far and just as straight off the driver and i liked how it felt alot more. I was able to land it soft on the greens with a full swing but couldnt manage any backspin, which i usually cant anyways.
Overall i liked it better than the e6. If only i had known this a year ago.

I agree. I feel the Noodle is an underrated ball

Played the e6 today and was surprised, very straight off the tee with good distance. I was surprised by the way it played around the green, not as much extra roll as expected.

Found a brand new Srixon ZSTAR XV. Played it on the back 9. I like this ball. I'm going to go get a dozen in the Tour Yellow.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

I tried the Tour Yellow Q-Star and Bridgestone B330-RXS.
Loved the yellow, but preferred the Bridgestone ball in pretty much every other aspect. Will get the Bridgestone in yellow after I run out.

Z star. Still on the fence with this ball. I thought it might have a chance at knocking the B330 off the top spot but after today's round it's not happening. Went through way to many balls today due to cuts and stuff. Especially with the yellows. Had a sleeve of them and a sleeve of white. Used all of them with 1 lost ball.

I played the entire round with one Bridgestone B330-RX optic yellow. It still looks brand new and is everything I look for in a ball. I'm buying more and not looking back.

I won a dozen Callaway Diablo Tour's in a Twitter contest with St. Louis Golf Discount. Just picked them up the other day, so I haven't played with them yet. Anyone else ever use these?

Those are my main gamers and I find he to be very similar in terms of driver and greenside performance as the Topflite Gamer V2s but I prefer their softer feel when putting, chipping and on short pitches. A good ball.

Tried a Srixon Q star today. First time playing this ball. I had found it a while back and it was practically brand new. Lasted for 15 holes. My usual ball is the Hex Black. The Q star has nice feel but doesn't spin nearly as well off wedges and actually seems to have more spin off the driver. Not the ball for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought some yellow Srixon ZStar XVs only because they didn't have the original in the pro shop at Guntersville Landing in Gville, AL. It was between those and the SL. I normally play the regulars and love them as far as yellow goes. Its my favorite optic yellow yet.

I have really been on a 2012 ProV1 kick lately, but wanted some yellows. I was afraid as the XVs replaced the X and I don't have the SS for the X in my mind. I have a driver SS of 101.

I LOVED the XV. Little longer off the tee. I couldn't tell a spin difference. Loved it. The only thing I don't like is the red #s on the yellow ball. I'd prefer all black #s and letters, but that is nitpicking.

Bridgestone 330RX yellow.
They hold the green better then my e7(s).
But give some yardage up off the Tee.

Used two balls today, Nike Vapor Black and a Callaway warbird. I got better results with the Callaway, but have to give the Nike another shot. Better feeling around the green with the Callaway I thought.

I tried the Tour Yellow Q-Star and Bridgestone B330-RXS.
Loved the yellow, but preferred the Bridgestone ball in pretty much every other aspect. Will get the Bridgestone in yellow after I run out.

Don't believe they make the rxs in yellow

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Still loving on my Callaway Hex Black. Just a great ball all around.

Played the Bridgestone 330-S the other day. Love the feel, and did some great stuff around the green, but just too much spin off the driver for me, I think. I want to try the 330 next.

maxfli U2... got a sleeve of them today and it was a horrendous ball even tho it almost lasted the whole round
only went 220 off the tee with driver
the only good thing about it was that baby spun and checked super hard on greens... sometimes way too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back