What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Flight Buttery Feel, played with my sticks from circa 2002 for nostalgia. 975D Driver and TA3 form forged Cleveland irons with a ping isoforce anser style putter.

Good times. Shot 42 lol not much worse than normal

Callaway Hex Chrome white. I've been wanting to give it a try and bought a sleeve in the pro shop today. Feel good off the putter and driver. Good distance and spin like crazy. Still, I may like the black better.

I played the HEX Chrome today, first time. I really liked it, its right up there with the E6, although I might still like the E6 a little more. Very solid ball though.

Just tried the Srixon QStar in yellow. The tour balls spin too much for me off the driver, distance balls often are hard for me to get spin with around greens. But I really liked the QStar. Good distance, decent spin and feel off the putter, and the yellow was a bit easier to find in the rough (where I spend far too much time...).

Titleist NXT Tour S in yellow, liked the extra visibility but didn't really notice anything special about the performance. Solid all around ball, except when you hit it into the range that runs along the last hole you have no chance at finding it.

Played the Gamer V2 again. I love that ball. Reacts well around the greens. Not as well as some premium balls, but good enough for me. Love it off the long clubs too. Pretty long and nice feel to it. Amazing price point too.

Played some used Pro V1x this Saturday. I like the ball, but I think there are cheaper alternatives that I can buy new and have it fit my game. Good ball though.

I found a TM burner and did pretty well with it. Coincidentally it was my only par and I only played 2 holes with it.

Used the Callaway HX Diablo Tour for 9 holes on Friday and played pretty well with it. Less greenside spin than say an e5, but it went pretty straight and it did lead me to a PB on that course.

I've been playing the Bridgestone B330-S for the past few rounds and love it. Great feel with the putter which is #1 for me and my spin with mid and short iron is right on the money. Better than the TP5. Great ball.

Tapaway!

Wilson Staff Duo and I am loving it. It feels great off the Driver and super soft off the irons. It also has decent spin around the greens. I had been playing the B330rx and the Duo gives me all the feel and performance that the B330rx gave me at half the cost. Sadly I lost my last one but I will buy more.

Played some penta tp5, like them but no wow feeling.

prov1 332... oldie but goodie
kept it in play all round

Titleist DT SoLo. Worked well, must be a lower spin/compression ball. Exceedingly soft cover, though. Had to take it out of play after a few cuts appeared on it. Can't recall the last ball I've actually cut during play.

Titleist DT SoLo. Worked well, must be a lower spin/compression ball. Exceedingly soft cover, though. Had to take it out of play after a few cuts appeared on it. Can't recall the last ball I've actually cut during play.
I've never played that ball, but I have a brand new box in my garage i've never opened.

Bridgestone e6 yellow. I am really liking it so far. Second round with them. Really easy to see (understand now why others rave about going yellow). Long off the tee and the only real problem continues to be operator error.

Bridgestone e6 yellow. I am really liking it so far. Second round with them. Really easy to see (understand now why others rave about going yellow). Long off the tee and the only real problem continues to be operator error.

I just played nine with the E6 optic yellow. Have to say the performance wasnt bad, def. Ni where near the same spin as my hex black but man does that ball fly straight as an arrow. Overall I def. See my self using these in reg. Rounds but will use my hex black for tournaments.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

After a Titleist ball fitting last week I had free sleeves of Prov1X balls. I have never really played these before and thought they were pretty decent around the greens. What I did notice tho was the paint coming off of the balls during the round. Don't think I have ever played a ball where this has happened before.

I played the Srixon Zstar in tour yellow and the Penta TP5. I'm really torn about the Srixon. I like the way it bites on the green but think it might get spinny on my off the driver. Not sure about the Penta either.

I kind of like the Hex Black and ProV1x right now.

I need to stop dragging my feet and try the Hex Black's. I just wish they made it in yellow like they do the Chrome.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

FYI still playing the same Hex chrome yellow ball for the third round. Is it due to retire soon?

I need to stop dragging my feet and try the Hex Black's. I just wish they made it in yellow like they do the Chrome.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Do what I did and dye them!

Pity the fool who Tapalks

I played the Srixon Zstar in tour yellow and the Penta TP5. I'm really torn about the Srixon. I like the way it bites on the green but think it might get spinny on my off the driver. Not sure about the Penta either.

I kind of like the Hex Black and ProV1x right now.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the penta?

been playing various nike models lately- mostly various One- and 20xi- models that i got from IceMann for $15 for a doz. pretty solid balls all around, except for when i hook 'em into the water, then they're bad balls.

After a Titleist ball fitting last week I had free sleeves of Prov1X balls. I have never really played these before and thought they were pretty decent around the greens. What I did notice tho was the paint coming off of the balls during the round. Don't think I have ever played a ball where this has happened before.

i noticed that a lot aswell when i played the prov1x's. not so much the paint wearing off, but the outer cover itself. one of the few things i dislike about that ball (that, and the price).

I think you'll be pleased. Obviously can't know until you try them, but from what I've read about your game, I'd be surprised if the Hex Black doesn't fit you well.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Played the Penta5 because it was what was pulled from the bag. IMO it is shorter off the driver and irons than it's predecessor. It's very durable, rolls well, spins ok around the greens but just a little shorter then I preferr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back