What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgestone 330RXS today. Long, straight, soft, spin for days, cuts through wind. Scored 79

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I played the Gamer V2 again today but also the NXT Tour S for a few holes. That is a good ball. Good distance off the tee and good greenside spin and feel. I really enjoyed that ball and I may get some more.

I played the NXT Tour S on Friday and was really impressed with the feel. This was my first venture into a more premium ball though, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, other than the XL2000's that I usually play, which by comparison, are absolute garbage.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

HEX Black Tour.

I'm swinging like carp lately, but it does perform rather well! I counted 5 pitch marks on the green that were no more than 3 inches from the ball. This thing just STOPS! Like hitting a wall.:banghead:

I wish I was swinging better, though. I did manage to hit a couple really flush iron shots and WOW do they feel good.

Was running out of my usuals (Srixon Z-Star SL and Q-Star (yellows) and I picked up a box of Titleist So-Lo Yellows, the only yellow balls our golf club carries. Didn't notice much difference in performance (ZStar SL still the best), but durability of the So-Lo was poor. After about 4 holes, the ball would start to develop "Stubble". Just not acceptable, as I can play a Srixon for a whole round and put it back in my bag (if I can manage to keep one that long). Anyway, no more Titliest (at least yellow ones) for me!

I found a Slazenger "straight" golf ball and tried it today. It was great. Had some of my longest drives with this ball and a 150 yard shot to the green was 3 inches from the ball mark. I really thinnk the ball helped me stay straight. Ialsoliked how it sounded when I hit it with my driver.

Has anyone played this ball and what do you think?

Bridgestone Tour B330-S. Very nice ball and durable cover. Spin around the green was the same as I am used to with my usual Pro V1.

Used the Hex Black today. Was happy with it on the greens, thought it rolled well and felt good coming off the face. Overall thought it played nicely, will give it another go with them tomorrow.

Played a combination of srixon trispeed, gamer v2, and callaway diablo tour.

Shot a personal best 97 so it was a positive thing. Trispeed felt good off the tee but had some issues holding the greens. Gamer v2 was solid. Diablo tour was solid as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tm burner balls i found in my stash... decent balls but they got really scuffed after a few wedge shots

Srixon QStar and Callaway Hex Black. Both pretty good off the driver, seemed to hit the Srixon a bit better, but it wasn't a great swinging day for me off the tee. Hex felt great off the wedges around the green.

Bridgestone e6 optic yellow. Great ball for my game. Has really help with my drives and has great feel off the putter. Played alone today so I hit a couple of second tee shots with the Hex Black that I got on the sale. Might regret the impulse buy, ball went way further right on most drives than any other ball I have played. 2 went so far didn't even bother looking for them. I will continue with the e6's for now and have to give the Hex Black another shot before I give up on them. Some one hear might end up getting a deal on them if I can't hit them.

Played 6 holes with the hex chrome Saturday before switching up to the gamer v2. The v2 was way better for my game, and I am anxious to compare it against the hex blacks when they get in

Had a ball fitting on the Simulator at the local GolfGalaxy. Didn't have time to play this weekend, so this gave me my golf fix.

I've been using the callaway HX Diablo and like it, so we started with that. Spin was higher than expected at 6600 with the 6 iron. 3600 with the driver. All shots were fairly straight and on the sim distances were a little shorter than I typically see on the course. Technology, or not fully loosened up, who knows, but as basis for comparison it doesn't matter.

We tried several balls, HX Diablo Tour, E7, E6, z-star, 330RX, Chrome, couple others I don't recall, but spent most time on these.

To HX Diablo Tour, z-star performed about the same. Little less distance, little more side-spin fade. Only hit one slice the whole time and that was just a terrible swing, a bowling ball would have careened off path.

The 330RX lost a good bit of distance so we rejected it right away. I wasn't expecting that. Side-spin was in the same category as the diablo tour and z-star, but less distance.

The E7 was the longest by 8 yards and the straightest. Off the driver, it felt fine, but with the irons felt hard. Spin was also the lowest with all clubs.

The E6 was the ball we thought best. Distance was good,, spin was low, feel was good.

The chrome was good, don't recall the numbers except that spin was significantly lower that he HX Diablo. That surprised the pro. Good ball, pro just thought it offered nothing over the HX and E6 numbers for the extra money.

The HX Diablo that I have been using...by chance...was also a best. Distance and feel were similar to the E6. To our surprise again, the spin rate was higher on the diablo.

Ball Driver. 6I
HX. 3600rpm/250-260yds, 6600rpm/155-165yds
E6. 3200rpm/250-260yds, 5800rpm/155-165yds
Dispersion was good with both.

My trajectory is generally high, especially with med-short irons and approaches often stick, or bounce a few feet, so we decided back spin wasn't a priority for me.

Didn't try everything, but that seemed like a good cross section of options.

So, decision was #1 choice E6. #2 choice HX Diablo.

Was interesting and fun. Big surprise was the spin numbers of the HX Diablo. If you like the chrome, give it a try for almost 50% the cost. Looking forward to trying the E6. Around the green performance will be the most interest. That's where I lose the most strokes.

Played the Callaway Hex Black for the first time and really liked it. Played with the same ball for all 18 holes (a rarity for me). The ball is very durable, it looks brand new after 18 holes. I usually play the Bridgestone B330 RX. I'd say the Callaway has a little less side spin off the driver and checks up a little better around the greens. The Bridgestone is a little softer off the putter and off the irons. Both balls are similar distance for me. With the deal Callaway has going right now on the blacks I think it's a great ball.

Went back to the Bridgestone e6 for an executive-length (par 29) layout I played yesterday when I decided on the way to the course that I'd rather play than hit the range again.

It worked pretty well - nice flight and good stops on the greens. Still a very good ball.

Ken

Pinnacle Gold. Beast off the tee and, with some effort, decent enough spin around the greens. Found one today on the first hole, played it the whole round and shot my PB with it.

I played a DT Roll that i got refurb from a random tire store... I really like the ball... Seems like it gets pretty good distance and i have no problem with it sticking... but tough to put spin on the ball... Shot a 39 with it...

Played the maxfli U2 today, I dont know what to think of this ball yet...... I know I ate once cover with a full 60 degree wedge shot, It had a flat spot on it. Seem to be checking on short chips pretty well but always rolled out to the right every time. I would drop a RBZ or prov1x and make the same shot and it would roll out straight, it was odd. More testing needs to be done I had a few drives just die and fall out of the sky.

TM Penta TP3. Beginning to love this like the TP Black ball. It seems softer off the driver than the black but it stops like an F1 car. Iron shots had better be on the money for distance because they likely are not running after they hit.

I played a round for my men's league tonight and used a Callaway Hex Chrome. This is my first try with the chrome's and I was fairly impressed. It felt nicely off the tee and didn't seem to be too spinny with the driver. Short iron shots seemed to get a little high, but dropped out of the sky and stuck on the green. Greenside chips rolled out a little with my wedges, but bit really well when I tried a few shots afterwards with my buddies non c-c. The chrome felt pretty good off of the putter and didn't seem too clicky. I ended up with a 76, so I can't complain. I have a box of Hex Black's that I am going to try next time.

Was using the Titleist Nxt-s and was doing bad. Finally made the switch to the Bridgestone 330-rxs and bam my game turned around and I was hitting the ball straight, even a little baby draw.

It was weird because the NXT-s has been my go to ball for most of the year.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I used the hex black for 13 holes before I finally lost It in the weeds and then went to a Gamer V2. I really really liked the Hex Black. Perfect ball I think. Didn't have a bad drive with it, checks up great on wedges and half wedge shots. It even performs great on chips and pitches, usually one hop and stop.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

Used the Hex Black tonight for a round of twilight. Liked the ball a lot. Good and straight off the tee and was able to even put a little draw on a 3W to cut a short dogleg par 4 to have a look a eagle. I like the ball and will pick up another dozen before the sale is over but I don't think I will pay regular price for the ball.

Played a dozen Callaway HX Bite golf balls earlier this summer and after playing the Hex Blacks I am very impressed with the performance for the Callaway balls.

Hex Black continues To amaze me

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I love my Hex Blacks, but I'm getting too much iron spin at times. May be a swing flaw, but this weekend I backed a half dozen shots off the greens. I'm getting ridiculous spin. Gonna have to figure it out, because I have 8dz Hex Blacks now!

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back