What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out again yesterday and shot 74 (35,39)with the E6 optic yellow. Highlight of the round was a 2 hybrid from 225yds over a creek to 4 ft. that set up an eagle. Loving these balls.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

e5 today...great ball...then switched or lost it (don't recall) and used another NXT...that's a great ball too. Not sure if I can tell the diff but I think the e5 felt harder.

Dixon wind. The ball performs well for me. Plenty long off the tee and more impresive was how well it stuck to the greens. Hit a gap wedge from 120 made a large ball mark and bounced back a few inches. Also had a 205 yard 4 iron again big ball mark and the ball ended up about 3 yards away not bad from that distance. Really like and 15 bucks for a dozen at GT

Played a found ProV1 at a 9 hole par 3 course. I am thinking it might have been that it was a found ball but I seemed to be about 5-7 yards shorter then normal. Granted that was based on the course yardage markers which I suspect were not very accurate since I didn't have a range finding tool.

Noticed that Amazon had reduced the price of the Penta TP5 to $36.12 the other day so I jumped on six dozen of 'em for $144 with the TaylorMade promotion. About $24 per dozen for TP5s, couldn't believe it. The price is back up to $41 something now though. But anyway I took a sleeve out with me today and after the first two holes I just stated lacing them right down the middle. Plus, was getting pretty good spin around the greens. After playing the TP3s the past month or so, I'm in love with these. Distance, spin, feel, everything seems dialed in to just what I like.

Played the Cally Hex Chrome and for and old guy like me it sure performs well!

Played a yellow Z-Star tour, I was playing on some pretty hard greens on my local course that I have played before and the z star was the only ball I have ever seen take HUGE bounces off the GREENS from about 150 out with a nine iron. High fade and they would come in a bounce like I hit a cart path and fly forward and then check and stop. Twice I dropped a old penta and hit it again and the penta didnt do it on one whole and I missed the green on the second. Was I just unlucky to hit the greens just right? I know the greens were way hard and dry but I have never seen a ball do this. Am I the only one finding this out?

On a side note I really liked this ball when I missed the green on the short chips and out of the bunkers. Way more spin then the 330rx I was also testing out when I had the chance to hit two shots while waitng on others in the group.

Played these for two.years. then went titleist v1x, and wont be going back. The zstars didnt seem to spin enough, and like you said large hops on firm.greens. i just couldnt get it to replicate my t***y's, sadly ive found a new love,

Top Flite Gamer V2

Top Flite Gamer V2

After reading many positive things about the Top Flite Gamer V2 on the forum, I decided to pick a dozen a few days ago. I played six holes with the ball today and came away unimpressed. The ball was fine, just not as great as many are making it out to be. However, I will still play the ball a few more rounds before no longer using it.

I played the remainder of my round with my usual Titleist NXT Tour.

Still trying to find the ball that "wow's" me.

Played a noodle I found for about 15 holes before I lost it. Seemed like a good ball went a little straighter than some other balls I was playing.

PLayed the Hex Black yesterday after getting some from the ernie sale. I really enjoyed it nice feel, good spin around the greens and long off the tee. Glad I picked up 2 dozen!

I played the QStar optic yellow ball and came away with mixed feelings. I went to a launch monitor just to confirm my suspicions. And yep I lost distance with this ball for some reason. It just didn't fit my slower tempo. My brand new dozen will now be collecting dust. Back to the Hex Black.

I played the QStar optic yellow ball and came away with mixed feelings. I went to a launch monitor just to confirm my suspicions. And yep I lost distance with this ball for some reason. It just didn't fit my slower tempo. My brand new dozen will now be collecting dust. Back to the Hex Black.

Slower tempo or swing speed? Because hex black is a 5 piece ball with a higher compression core .

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

After reading many positive things about the Top Flite Gamer V2 on the forum, I decided to pick a dozen a few days ago. I played six holes with the ball today and came away unimpressed. The ball was fine, just not as great as many are making it out to be. However, I will still play the ball a few more rounds before no longer using it.

I played the remainder of my round with my usual Titleist NXT Tour.

Still trying to find the ball that "wow's" me.

Just curious if you have tried any of Bridgestones offerings? I love my B330-RX.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just curious if you have tried any of Bridgestones offerings? I love my B330-RX.

After doing the ball fitting on the B-stone site I did get 2 dozen e6 optic yellow. They are a great ball and will be my goto for a long time. Can't really afford the top offerings so I can't comment on them.

I was given a sleeve of Bridgestone 330 RXS balls so decided to give them a go on Friday. The first tee shot I hit with them was a slice that ended up out of bounds. Teed up a Hex Black and, of course, Bubba hit one straight down the middle. The slice was a shock, because I normally hit it straight or with a slight draw. I normally can't fade one off the tee if I try. Second drive with the RXS was straight and long. Hmmm. maybe it was just my swing. Next one was not it as well and faded into the right rough. Several more tee shots were lost right (big time) and I finally gave up and finished the round with my Cally. I think the RXS must just give me too much side spin off the tee. The Bridgestone fitting thingy says I should be playing the 330RX, not the RXS, so I'll eventually give that a try. It'll be awhile though since I just loaded up on Hex Blacks on the Ernie sale.

Last edited:
I played an old ProV-1 yesterday during a scramble with great results. The only shot I think the Prov hurt me on was on a short par 3 that I landed short of the flag and spun the ball all the way off the green. That was just the wrong club, not the balls fault. I stuck shot after shot close to its divot all day.

Played Bridgestone E6, Maxfli U2 and U3. Like the E6 much better... I think I'm done experimenting for a while.

played the srixon z star and b330 rx and again the zstar won by a mile i think i have found the one.

Hex Black continues To amaze me

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Hex Black continues To amaze me

That is what I like to hear. Can't wait to try mine out

That is what I like to hear. Can't wait to try mine out

I had some shots this weekend where the ball just checked like a mofo, spun like a top, went through the wind when needed, and released when needed. I'm not a big spinner either. Great all around ball.

I have played the Bridgeston FIX. Their online fitting system says to use the E7. It will probably be the next ball I try.

I played the Gamer V2 again today but also the NXT Tour S for a few holes. That is a good ball. Good distance off the tee and good greenside spin and feel. I really enjoyed that ball and I may get some more.

Played the b330 rxs again. Live thus off of the putter, and for the most part love it all around, but i trend to slicer it a but on drives. Might have to get some of the regular RX balls to try. Though since i an a bad golfer i want to move back to cheaper balls. Got some Gamer v2s coming, and looking for a deal on the e5s which I've played in the past and had good results with as well.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I had some shots this weekend where the ball just checked like a mofo, spun like a top, went through the wind when needed, and released when needed. I'm not a big spinner either. Great all around ball.

I'm more excited about trying mine out ! Can't wait till they come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back