What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a B330 on Saturday and scored a 84. Im pretty happy with the ball, and like the feel off the driver. Will play the e6 again next weekend and compare.

Played another B330-RX yesterday. Love this balls feel, flight, and distance but it's not a friendly ball on the greens around here. This ball just keeps rolling and rolling. I sent a 45-50 yard open faced 58* wedge shot flying into orbit to clear a tall tree that was directly in front of me. When the B-Stone landed on the green (making a huge pitch mark) it still rolled about 4-5 ft and right off the back of the green. Another 7i approach from about 165 out landed soft on the front center of the green and came to rest what looked like just a hair under 10 feet away from its pitch mark. No ball labeled "tour" should have that little holding ability.
Now if the greens were a lot slower around here then I would feel that this is the most complete ball out there. However, for my game and with the greens that I play I can't game these and expect to have many one putt distance approach shots.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I've been playing Pro v1 lake balls (yeah I am cheap!) for the past 5 rounds and until then didn't really think that I could tell the difference but to my surprise I can. I found a New Top flight last week and used that on a few holes and Immediately noticed the difference. I did find a Callaway Warbird a few weeks ago and really liked that might invest in some new ones and try them for a few rounds..

Very proud of the fact I managed to use the same ball for 27 straight Holes ... probably not a good idea! Now i am wondering what is the optimum life of a golf ball?

Played the cally tour is yday shot a solid 8 over! I'm really confident with this ball at present! A touch to much spin off the driver but great with the irons! Pitch shots are where this ball excels for me aim a foot shot of the flag and watch it 1 hop and stop! I would like to try the tour iz just to compare!

After starting a thread with ball selection help yesterday, I pulled out a sleeve of Nike 20XI I received free from Golfsmith. I'd been playing Nike Crush (for the $ and loss factors). I now know what you guys are talking about with regards to the ball I play. I spend SO MUCH time on everything else, I thought that was the last thing to worry about, boy, the ball can really make a big difference. I also appreciate that the manufacturers online ball fitting and with the exception of Titleist, all fit me for labels that aren't "advertised to no end" during Sunday PGA play. For just a couple bucks more, I can play with a ball built more for me.

So I was looking to try out the Penta's but didn't want to spend $40 for a dozen just to 'try' them out. Well, I'm glad I didn't. I played yesterday and found two of them on two consecutive holes. Played them against my NXT Tour and off the tee they were about 10-12 yards shorter. Approach shots were about the same, but the Penta spun more. (To be expected, I guess.) Putting felt the same to me. I had a durability issue as well. The two I found were in great shape but after a few holes, they looked a little chewed up.

I played Slazenger Feel Saturday and really liked it. I usually play either NXT or NXT Tour. The ball has a goof soft feel, but with minimal loss in distance. I usually don't put a lot of spin on the ball but my mid-irons were checking up good on the greens. Putting was a little iffy as the sound felt a bit muted. But, for $1/ball its a really good ball.

TaylorMade Penta TP. This was my 2nd round using them. I really like the distance and spin off the tee I get with these. Also the feel around the green is unlike anything I have ever played. I really love these but I am not in love with the price tag. I am thinking about getting a pack of Burner or Q-Stars.

I'm still using the Penta TP. Really like the ball. Get good distance off the tee/irons and good control/feel around the greens. I think I am going to get a few more dozen soon so I don't miss the promotion before it's too late.

I played the Penta and just couldnt get in a groove with it. Seems much shorter off the tee for me but really, really good around the greens. Even though I didnt get in a groove, I'd still take the trade off.

Played another B330-RX yesterday. Love this balls feel, flight, and distance but it's not a friendly ball on the greens around here. This ball just keeps rolling and rolling. I sent a 45-50 yard open faced 58* wedge shot flying into orbit to clear a tall tree that was directly in front of me. When the B-Stone landed on the green (making a huge pitch mark) it still rolled about 4-5 ft and right off the back of the green. Another 7i approach from about 165 out landed soft on the front center of the green and came to rest what looked like just a hair under 10 feet away from its pitch mark. No ball labeled "tour" should have that little holding ability.Now if the greens were a lot slower around here then I would feel that this is the most complete ball out there. However, for my game and with the greens that I play I can't game these and expect to have many one putt distance approach shots. Tempo, timing, tapping.
Try the B330-RXS. It has spin to spare.

Played a ProV1x I found from the backs and a Penta from the fronts, killed the ProV1x it , great ball. Not news I know. Penta is old reliable right now.

Try the B330-RXS. It has spin to spare.

+1 it's an rx but with spin

My pentas are low flight but stop dead on greens (good thing)

Got a w/s ultra , tour distance and my it goes
Quite accurate but a very high flight with my 60w compared to other brands

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

I played a Bridgestone e6 for the last 2 days, and even though I've played some crappy rounds of golf, I am really liking this ball. Hard to get a distance of the ball as I'm playing at 5,700 feet above sea level and EVERYTHING soars forever. I did hit a 135 yard AW on a par 3 which landed about an inch from the back fringe, the ball sucked back about 10' placing me dead center of the green. So, far not one well struck ball has had any "rollout" to speak of I'm not going to lie, I've never, ever been able to bring a ball back, it's either the ball or the advise I'm getting from THP, not sure!

i played a bridgestone e6 today also lol... it was really wet on the course today so there wasnt much roll
i carried the ball pretty well tho and it was decent around the greens

I played a Bridgestone B330-S, my ball of choice. The other day was, however, my first full 18 hole round since I was at the Bridgestone Ball Fitting in July. I was amazed with the all around performance of this golf ball. I don't know if it was just this golf ball or the confidence I felt in having it but I played one of my best rounds ever with it.

I am struggling a little bit lately and I always switch to the Burner Tour when I struggle. This thing sounds like mush off my driver and I lose a pretty good amount of distance with that club, but I can't argue with the performance in any other aspect. I get great distance off the irons.

Reaffirmed that the penta is the best ball for me. I played two rounds with penta, prov1x, zstars, and I(z). Penta, zstar, I(z). The prov is alright though, don't mind finding them!

Penta just offers distance, feel, and cuts through wind pretty good.

Reaffirmed that the penta is the best ball for me. I played two rounds with penta, prov1x, zstars, and I(z). Penta, zstar, I(z). The prov is alright though, don't mind finding them!

Penta just offers distance, feel, and cuts through wind pretty good.

I was a Penta guy through and through, until I took the Bridgestone B330-RX for a test drive. Compare the Penta to the B300-RX, you might be suprised.

i played a bridgestone e6 today also lol... it was really wet on the course today so there wasnt much roll
i carried the ball pretty well tho and it was decent around the greens

Ive been gaming it for the past few months, its really helped me with my game off of the tee (for the most part), while Im still bad, its not nearly as bad.

Running into a bit too much roll out around the greens, hoping my higher lofted wedge helps reduce that and I can game this for the rest of the year.

Really!! I put the Penta in play almost exclusively. I played with the ProV1 last week but I have to say I realy preferr the Penta. You like the 330-RX, I'll have to give a sleeve a try next week.

I was a Penta guy through and through, until I took the Bridgestone B330-RX for a test drive. Compare the Penta to the B300-RX, you might be suprised.

I played a ProV1 for our scramble...I really am not a fan of having that much spin on a ball on short chips. So far my top balls are still the Z-Star XV, Penta, and B330-RX.

I played a z-star today to see what I thought about the ball and i was really enjoying it. Then while playing I found a z-star xv and decided to see which I liked better and when I hit the xv it was love at first drive. I hit it about 15 yards farther and didn't notice a significant decrease in spin on iron shots. It just seemed to fit my game.

I was a bit worried about hitting a premium ball with so much spin. I thought it might really accentuate my bad shots, but I really didn't struggle with that at all. If anything I was more accurate with it over my diablo HX and HX tour.

Well, I decided to switch from my Bridgestone E6 Optic yellows due to fall leaves on the ground and went back to the Titleist ProV1X. Had my best round in a month or so. Great balls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back