What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played three different balls today and had a change of opinion for my everyday ball and solidified my premium option. I had moved from the top flite gamer v2 to srixon q star due to the feel of the q star; however, my distance off of the tee and the spin around the green with the gamer v2 has it reclaiming my everyday ball spot.

My premium ball will remain the penta. It does everything I want and I am confident in its performance. I had great drives on the back nine, when i put in play and it checked up nicely around the greens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yesterday i played a bridgestone e6 with a michelob ultra logo on it
i got a few sleeves of it from an outting we recently had
its a great ball and did everything i needed it to do
its now gonna go into my ball hall of fame...
i shot even par with it thru 9 holes

I played my Bridgestone B330RX for a bit until I lost it. The B330S lasted a few holes... It wasn't as good as I remember or I just didnt hit it well. Then the Callaway Tour i(z). The i(z) and RX are in a battle for a spot in my bag right now and its brutal! Both are exceptional balls and perform really well for my game. The i(z) has an edge is distance but the RX feels softer. Not sure but I had fun with each.

yesterday i played a bridgestone e6 with a michelob ultra logo on it
i got a few sleeves of it from an outting we recently had
its a great ball and did everything i needed it to do
its now gonna go into my ball hall of fame...
i shot even par with it thru 9 holes

heh, thats funny, I got the same ones from MarcW with the logo on them, 5 or 6 dozen, gave a few to my bro, had 3 or 4 left...down to 1 dozen left already LOL

Played the Vision 808 instead of my regular B330-RX, the 808 seemed to be slightly shorter and did not stop as quickly on the green as the RX, it is a ball I can game with no trouble at all, but I still perfer the RX.

heh, thats funny, I got the same ones from MarcW with the logo on them, 5 or 6 dozen, gave a few to my bro, had 3 or 4 left...down to 1 dozen left already LOL
i woulda kept them... i actually like that ball and free is a great price lol

I played the yellow Q star my last round. I liked it off the tee, but I didn't get the spin on the greens that I would have liked, although the greens were pretty hard. I will give them another shot though based on the reviews that they have got on THP

I played the Taylormade penta tp and thought that it was a great ball. But i do agree that it does scuff kind of easily.

I played the :taylormade: Penta Tp and loved it!. Now, the rest of the story... I had previously played the Penta and found that it ballooned for my on my drives. In hindsight I don't think it was the balls fault. Maybe it was my high spin driver, my swing, etc.... Fast forward to now, I am playing a lower spinning driver and have changed my swing and this ball is perfect for me.

just finished 18 with nxt tour i must say it had seen better days by the time i was teeing off on the 18th but overall really impressed. solid of the tee. good spin on full iron shots. could do with some more grab aroud the green but overall it must of worked shot my best 7 over. well happy

well with 11 penalty strokes yesterday in 2 rounds I played an assortment of balls.

But my favorite was the yellow Callaway range ball I used the last 3 holes. Good distance off of the tee, and was a 1 putt machine

Yesterday was very interesting becaused I just straight up sucked. Played a bunch of balls, but still really like my Taylormade Burner Tour. It's tough and if I don't lose it in the woods will last me through a few rounds.

I played the TM PentaTP again, and a few ProV1xs again.

I honestly preferred the performance of the ProV1x to the Penta but the durability and cost of the V1s don't compare to that of the Penta.

I actually played a couple different balls. Played the E6, TF Gamer 2 and Nike Mojo.

E6- My usual gamer... old faithful. Still love it.
TF Gamer 2 - surprised the heck outta me. Durable and checks pretty well.
Mojo - I went in expecting crap, but I was really impressed. For $20, you get 24 balls... thats an absolute deal.

Playing on a ball budget... id definitely check the Mojo out.

i played 3 balls today... lost 2
bridgestone b330rx was a great ball till it went swimming on #9
pinnacle distance... it sure had distance
i hit it about 10yrds farther than the bs b330 off the driver but it wanted to go swimming on #18
took a drop with another pinnacle distance ball and finished the round

Played a TM Penta on the front 9 and a Vision UV X3 on the back. By the turn, the penta was pretty scuffed up but performed well. On the back nine, the X3 did everything I asked it two and had 2 chip-in's... and at the end of 9 holes still looked like it was brand new; not a single scuff mark.

played today with the same pinnacle distance ball i finished with yesterday and i actually popped a teeshot in the 260 range
the only thing i didnt like about the ball was no matter how high i flopped it around the greens it didnt check like other balls

What ball didn't I play today? So erratic, I grabbed whatever was in the bag. I wound up playing the B330, e6, Q-Star, and Penta. I was equally good and equally bad with each. But I was longest BY FAR with the B330 over the e6 and Q-Star, and about 5 yards or so longer than the Penta driver thru mid irons. When my swing is on, the B330 the best ball for my game that I've ever played. Today was not such a day. :bad:

I found the e6 to be the straightest followed by the Q-Star. B330 and Penta were similar. Penta spun the most on approach shots and felt the softest off of all clubs, including putter. B330 felt the hardest but spun 2nd best, then Q-Star with the e6 being the least spinny.

Distance off driver from longest to shortest: B330, Penta, e6, Q-Star.

Trajectory off driver from highest to lowest: e6, Q-Star, Penta, B330. Same can be said for irons, mostly, but the Q-Star ballooned on me twice with 5 and 6 iron in hand.

My favorite feeling ball is the Penta, by far. I love it with every club other than driver. Early to mid-season, I suffered some ballooning off the tee with the Penta. My driver now has 1.5* less loft and I didn't experience any ballooning today... may have to revisit this ball.

I got a Wal-Mart gift card for my birthday (thanks Dad), so I picked up a couple boxes of balls. Went with the e6 and also the TM TP Reds that Wal-Mart has.

I've played with the TP Red the last two rounds and I thought it was pretty good. Nice spin around the green and it felt find off the club. I liked the price too.

I played my old faithful the Bridgestone B-330RX for 27 holes, I still think it is the best ball for me, and the results seem to verify this.

Trying to finish up the last of my Callaway Tour i(z)'s before switching back to the 330-RX. Good distance off the tee but wish it was a little better around the greens. After not having much roll out with the Rx I've had trouble adjusting to the rollout of the i(z) on the green. Feels great off the putter but there's a slight click off the wedges that the RX doesn't give me

Played the Vision UV X3 today. Performed great and the color was a big help today against wet grass/brown leaves that covered the ground. Never had to spend more than 10 seconds looking for my ball (which was in the rough a lot today). Ball held up fantastic with little signs of wear. Reacted well on the green and pretty used to how it reacts after playing the white X3's for a while.

Trying to finish up the last of my Callaway Tour i(z)'s before switching back to the 330-RX. Good distance off the tee but wish it was a little better around the greens. After not having much roll out with the Rx I've had trouble adjusting to the rollout of the i(z) on the green. Feels great off the putter but there's a slight click off the wedges that the RX doesn't give me

Sell them for a good price?

Played 36 today! 27 with my usual next tour Im really liking this ball at te mo! I found a prov1x on the 26th so thought I would give it a go on my last 9 holes! In comparison the next was a little longer off the tee! But i felt the v1x was a touch longer with the irons! On full iron shots both balls spun about the same! Could be due to the greens I was playing! The real difference was on partial pitch shots where I found the net would roll out a lot more than the v1x! All in all great ball but would I pay the extra money over the nxt tour I don't think I would!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back