What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I revisited the Penta TP for the first time since the spring. Previously, I'd loved it with every other club in the bag except for driver as the ball would balloon at times. But, I only did give it two or three rounds.

On Friday, I still loved it as I did earlier but this time I also liked it very much off the tee. Despite a breezy day, not one drive ballooned on me. Absolutely will continue this second chance...

Feel like I cheated on my wife today and am having an affair with the Penta TP. Absolutely love everything about this but especially the feel/response on chips and putts. Extremely durable as well. Still need a little more comparison against the b330-RX to determine which is the long term gamer. Think it's time to move past the e6 & AD-333; just not enough responsiveness on the greens for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

This was my issue this year. I was going back and forth all year between the Penta and RX. Both balls are to me, amazing. I have finally made the decision and settled on the 330RX and the only reason was the RX feels a bit softer to me. Cant go wrong with either.

I used a Nike Ignite and a PD Soft the last round I played. I think I played a Srixon AD333 for a few holes too.

Feel like I cheated on my wife today and am having an affair with the Penta TP. Absolutely love everything about this but especially the feel/response on chips and putts. Extremely durable as well. Still need a little more comparison against the b330-RX to determine which is the long term gamer. Think it's time to move past the e6 & AD-333; just not enough responsiveness on the greens for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great point about the durability. I do not think I have played a comparable ball that is this durable.

Still playing the box of Wal-Mart TM TP Reds that I got. Seems like a pretty good ball.

TapAhoy!

It was chilly here today so I brought out some balls from last year. Played some Bridgestone TreoSoft. This a two piece ball that I really liked for colder weather.

TapAhoy!

it may have been the precept noodle?

i played a topflite xl distance and it lasted the whole round yesterday
not great off the tee but i got one out in the 232 range
pretty decent off the irons
not good at all with the wedges and had alot of rollout no matter how high i hit it
pretty good with the putter but i think its because i was making decent reads yesterday
Thanks Bogey_Russ
I wonder if those are even available? I have also tried the long& soft noodles and liked them a lot even though they seem to target lower SS players.

still a penta fan.

last 2 rounds ive actually managed to play the ball for the entire round...except 18, ive hit OB 2 rounds in a row lol

almost certain this will be my ball of choice going forward, as long as they keep offer discounted deals on them

Thanks Bogey_Russ
I wonder if those are even available? I have also tried the long& soft noodles and liked them a lot even though they seem to target lower SS players.
my brother plays the long & soft and loves it... perfect price for his game
i think taylormade makes noodles now but im not sure

i played a penta tp today and i like it but i could not buy a dozen of these (out of my price range)
my swing was an adventure today but when i did connect with the ball it felt and looked great
my wedges didnt scuff it as much as i thought it would and it lasted the whole round

Absolutely love the Penta TP!

I used to play the B-330-RX until I tried the Penta this year. Stocked up on the 3-2 deal and love the fact that I could get my #27 ball at no extra cost at TGW.

taylormade tp ldp
great ball... horrendous swing

I played the Penta TP again yesterday and still thoroughly enjoyed it. I was seeing great distance, amazing feedback on full shots into the greens, and they just feel really good coming off of the wedges around the greens. Very nice predictable rollout.

Going to put the B330-RX in play this afternoon and see how that stacks up in comparison.

Went back to the e6's for my last 2 rounds.

Man can I hit that ball straight off the tee!! Only missed 1 fairway in my last round and that was due to my swing and not the ball.

Played the B330-RX for today's 9. Very, very solid distance off the tee. Did not hit as many greens to get a really good feel for how the ball reacts regarding spin. Feel/ball reaction on chips was very similar to the Penta TP.

So far, I would still lean towards the TP just due to the value on them right now. Easily find them for $25/dozen and that is incredibly good for a premium ball.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Played the B330-RX for today's 9. Very, very solid distance off the tee. Did not hit as many greens to get a really good feel for how the ball reacts regarding spin. Feel/ball reaction on chips was very similar to the Penta TP.

So far, I would still lean towards the TP just due to the value on them right now. Easily find them for $25/dozen and that is incredibly good for a premium ball.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That is a steal. I prefer the 330RX off the tee over the Penta, I feel it's easier to compress for me. Enjoy gaming both of those balls though.

Played a Srixon Q-Star that I thought was a Z-star. Only reason I realized is after a 90 yard wedge shot that the ball didn't check up like I thought, I looked at it after getting to the green and saw it wasn't a Z-Star. Otherwise great ball.

That's funny gbigoose1! Good to see that you actually saw the difference and it caught your attention. Took me awhile to see the value in a premium ball but no looking back now for me!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Played the Bridgestone e6 today. I did alright with the ball, it scuffed up pretty bad, but I managed to use one ball for all 18 holes today. I can't help to notice though that I lose some distance with the ball.

Penta TP yesterday and B330-RX today. Still torn and think I could go either way. When I need balls again, it will probably come down to the better deal.

I find these very similar from tee to green and if they were unmarked, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference based on performance.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Penta TP yesterday and B330-RX today. Still torn and think I could go either way. When I need balls again, it will probably come down to the better deal.

I find these very similar from tee to green and if they were unmarked, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference based on performance.

Tappin' from my iPad!

LOL... my sentiments exactly Cookie. For me the TP might have the edge.

Alex

Nike one tour. I get same results as the 20xi. But they are cheaper and more durable

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Every round I love the :srixon: Z-Star more and more. My approach shots are just stopping dead on the green, less than a foot from my ball mark. They feel great off the putter too, and plenty durable.

Every round I love the :srixon: Z-Star more and more. My approach shots are just stopping dead on the green, less than a foot from my ball mark. They feel great off the putter too, and plenty durable.

That is one great ball man, it sticks like glue! I played the Q-Star again today and love this ball for the price, I get plenty of spin around the greens even in this cooler weather, I actually spun back a SW shot today about 3 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back