What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played my newly discovered Japanese Tileist that I found at GG. They seem to go into hazzards just as easily as the regular ones. One caveat though, I'm "all out" of them now!

I usually play a Bridgestone 330-S and can usually chew one up pretty good in a round. But by far the best ball I have played yet. Great feel off the driver and wonder touch around the green. Only downside is that, for me, they are only good for 18 holes, and sometimes not even that many holes.

played the last few pentas I had this weekend, love the ball, hoping to stock up over the winter

played the last few pentas I had this weekend, love the ball, hoping to stock up over the winter

Good deals out there now on the Penta - stock up before they run out!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tappin' from my iPad!

You know it makes me wonder. Taylormade is likely coming out with a ball to replace the Penta TP. How could they possibly improve on this design? I'm sure R&D is all over it and they have their ways. Perhaps mini-transmitters inside of the ball that will gps it's way to the hole? Man.

Alex

You know it makes me wonder. Taylormade is likely coming out with a ball to replace the Penta TP. How could they possibly improve on this design? I'm sure R&D is all over it and they have their ways. Perhaps mini-transmitters inside of the ball that will gps it's way to the hole? Man.

Alex

No idea Alex....but these ball manufacturers are always pushing the envelope and seem to come out with something a little bit better each time!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I played the Z-Star x for the first time today and I have to say, it gave me a really nice ball flight. Not a huge amount of spin or great short game feel, but well struck shots were beautiful. I want to try the xv next. If I'm not mistaken, it has more spin than the x, does it not?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I played the Penta today in a scramble, it is a very good ball but I still think the B-330 RX is a better fit for me. With Pentas still selling as cheaply as they are I will probably buy some more though as they do come pretty close to the RX in performance for me.

I thought I'd have a "fall/winter ball" and have used Srixon AD333 and Top Flite Gamer V2 for the past 5ish rounds. Today was a money round and I got the Callaway Tour iZs back out...

WOW!! What have I been missing? I knew I loved that ball but now it's even more magic than I thought it was before. No more fall balls for me!!

i played a variety of callaway balls... a big variety

Started my round with a Burner Tour. Had really nice ball flight with a nice soft fade and good role out which I wasn't getting with the e6. I lost that ball on 10 and finished with a Pro V1x which I was incredibly straight with off the tee. I've played the Pro V1x a couple of times now and I'm starting to like it.

More Z-Star today. Ball flight still amazes me. I love it.

I usually play a Bridgestone 330-S and can usually chew one up pretty good in a round. But by far the best ball I have played yet. Great feel off the driver and wonder touch around the green. Only downside is that, for me, they are only good for 18 holes, and sometimes not even that many holes.

I just played FIVE full rounds with a 330s.....finally knocked it in the water ........ugh......but no shredding for me!

Callaway HX Diablo

Good distance, and just enough spin to stick on the greens. Chipping and pitching were like any other cheaper golf ball. High launch, low spin.

Pulled out one of my last Vision UV:X3 balls from the Boz and I have to order me some more of these magic pearls! These balls are so much fun to golf with and easy to find even in the yellow leaves.

I just played FIVE full rounds with a 330s.....finally knocked it in the water ........ugh......but no shredding for me!

Lucky. I pulled a brand new one today, and it got chewed up all over. Granted I have now non-comforming grooves, but still. I am pretty agressive at the contact point and do hit down on the ball pretty hard, but still for a tour ball i feel that it should last more than 18 holes. Will i continue to play this ball, which probably has nine more holes in it before I would deem it too damaged? Yes, but it already has had several shreds pulled off. Will I continue to play B330-S'? Certainly. When I can bring in a high, down wind 3/4 9 iron from 150 and get hit and stop to 9 feet, I have the right ball.

Mostly the e6. Still a solid performer for me. Hit the pink B330RX on a couple of holes just for comparison. Seem to go about the same distance as the e6 for me.

Lucky. I pulled a brand new one today, and it got chewed up all over. Granted I have now non-comforming grooves, but still. I am pretty agressive at the contact point and do hit down on the ball pretty hard, but still for a tour ball i feel that it should last more than 18 holes. Will i continue to play this ball, which probably has nine more holes in it before I would deem it too damaged? Yes, but it already has had several shreds pulled off. Will I continue to play B330-S'? Certainly. When I can bring in a high, down wind 3/4 9 iron from 150 and get hit and stop to 9 feet, I have the right ball.

Have you considered the tour 330? Nick Price uses it and he can't hit 9 iron from a buck fifty.....obviously you have good enough clubhead speed.....I'm like 95 with driver , so the ball just laughs at me thinking about shredding it!

Alex

From what has been leaked, it sounds like they have been working on improving the aerodynamics of the new ball and it is supposed to be longer off the tee and better in the wind. I can't wait to find out because I already love the Penta, and if this is true it is going to take a great ball and make it greaterest!

Have you considered the tour 330? Nick Price uses it and he can't hit 9 iron from a buck fifty.....obviously you have good enough clubhead speed.....I'm like 95 with driver , so the ball just laughs at me thinking about shredding it!

I haven't no. Sounds like something I might want to look into. I think that is the ball that Freddie plays as well. Clubhead speed i'm up in the 106-110 mph range with the driver. I really want to get to a Bridgestone Ball Fitting event and talk to someone and get on the monitors and really see what they think I should play. I just happen to find a 330-S one day, played it, and thought it was the best feeling ball I had ever hit. But I will look into the 330 ball.. Thank you!

finished my cally stash and now im onto my nike stash

Played a UV X3 today; worked great and performed as expected. Color was perfect as it started to get dark this afternoon and was easy to find even with all the leaves and pine needles.

After starting with my normal Penta, and finishing with a Nike Platinum, I have come to the conclusion that when I'm playing well, I really benefit from the Penta. When I'm struggling with the driver, I can play just about any moderately high compression ball and be happy enough. With my ball flight I don't have much problem holding greens. I will usually bring Pentas back a couple feet, or top a V2 cold or at max roll out a foot or two. Usually a distance ball will stop within 5 feet or so.

When my game is on, I get a great ball flight off the driver with the Penta, and I am deadly accurate with it. When my driver is struggling and the rest of my game is just so-so, I do just as well with the V2 or another decent ball. At this point I usually start with the Penta, and if I lose a couple off the teebox, I switch to whatever I have laying around. I have 6 dozen Pentas at home and 3 dozen Gamers on the way, so I should be set on balls for a while. I have a Knet groupon so I'm thinking I'm going to order 5 dozen long and softs for those god awful days when I don't want to chase my balls into the woods.

Nike one tour today! Performs in every way I want

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Bridgestone B330-RX today. Still happy with this ball: solid distance off the tee and really good spin/check up ability on the greens. Not much else I could ask for.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back