What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised as well. Granted I don't put a tremendous amount of spin on the ball, but even the one I used today and yesterday only has one mark on it and that's from a bunker shot. I would be fine with playing it some more, but wanted to switch out to the RX for the driver testing thread.

--
tapatalk

Well I am glad its working for you, I saw great performance out of the S it was just horrible in the durablility aspect. Hunting for a sleeve of the X on ebay right now lol.

Late November in Ohio --I play whatever I find in my bag.

Well I am glad its working for you, I saw great performance out of the S it was just horrible in the durablility aspect. Hunting for a sleeve of the X on ebay right now lol.

Just grab a sleeve at golfsmith. Screw eBay shipping.

--
tapatalk

Just grab a sleeve at golfsmith. Screw eBay shipping.

--
tapatalk

hour drive to golfsmith one way. I might hold off and just try to find a course around here that has some, they always sell sleeves at courses. Most around here are titleist exclusive which so stupid.

hour drive to golfsmith one way. I might hold off and just try to find a course around here that has some, they always sell sleeves at courses. Most around here are titleist exclusive which so stupid.

Same here, Cleveland and Nike are starting to show up more and more though. Titleist has deep roots in the green grass sector.

--
tapatalk

Continued to Play my Penta TPs for my Myrtle Beach trip. 3 dozen for 80 bucks just can't be beat right now. The ball continues to perform really well for me. The ONLY downside for me is a little too much spin off the tee. Greenside they continue to lead the pack.

This was my only issue with the Penta as well. I switched to the B-330S after a ball fitting. It plays very similar to the Penta but with less driver spin. Give it a try...I think you may like it.

Penta TP again today. Continue to love absolutely everything about this ball. Simply can't find a fault for it in my game.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Well guys I played another 9 this afternoon with the Callaway HEX Black Tour and it took a beating!!! Still looks pretty darn good too for having 18 holes on it and a cart path smack and 2 tree hits and I mean hard tree hits lol. Still only has 2 or 3 minor scuffs on it and all the tree and path did was discolor the cover to a brownish yellow spot where it hit it. This ball is still very playable and I will keep using it until I loose it or cut it up bad enough. Big improvement on the durability aspect over the I series IMO.

Well guys I played another 9 this afternoon with the Callaway HEX Black Tour and it took a beating!!! Still looks pretty darn good too for having 18 holes on it and a cart path smack and 2 tree hits and I mean hard tree hits lol. Still only has 2 or 3 minor scuffs on it and all the tree and path did was discolor the cover to a brownish yellow spot where it hit it. This ball is still very playable and I will keep using it until I loose it or cut it up bad enough. Big improvement on the durability aspect over the I series IMO.

You should send it to me for testing, then we can see how truly durable it is. I will let you know if it floats.

You should send it to me for testing, then we can see how truly durable it is. I will let you know if it floats.

I think I will pass lol. I have 11 more so I am not to worried about this one ball but I do want to push it until it cant go anymore just to see how much I can get out of it.

I find the durability of I(Z)s to be just fine.

Anything else standout today from your initial review?

I find the durability of I(Z)s to be just fine.

Anything else standout today from your initial review?

Its not bad but its no great either. I can chew the iZ up pretty darn bad in a round. I have a pretty steep swing and spin the ball quite a bit so that has some to do with it.

Its a great wind ball so far, it was windy again today and it held its line so good.

Couple pics of the HBT, the dimples of the HBT are a tad bit shallower than the iZ as you can see in the pics. I really like the box they come in, it has a 3D HEX ball on the front that really pops out at ya. Not sure if this is what the retail packaging looks like or not but I hope so. They are all #1 balls.

HBT2.jpg

HBT.jpg

played the nike 20xis and it sounds really hard but doesnt feel like a rock

Played the Taylormade Burner tour yesterday. I think I am leaning towards the Pro V1x for next season. For the rest of this season though, WHATEVER IS IN THE BAG.

This was my only issue with the Penta as well. I switched to the B-330S after a ball fitting. It plays very similar to the Penta but with less driver spin. Give it a try...I think you may like it.

Yeah, I've tried the 330-S and it is a really good ball. I actually slightly prefer the B330 though as it spins even less off the tee, but still just enough around the greens for hop and stop spin. You can't quite do ridiculous short game shots you can pull of with the Penta, but its a great all around ball. The only problem is the price... 40 bucks for 1 dozen versus 80 for 3 of the Pentas. This is becoming less of an issue as I'm losing fewer and fewer balls, but it still comes into play for me.

The original Vapor. It's slightly harder than I prefer, but the distance is good and I like the feel off the putter. I normally play TP Black and V1x.

I'm still trying to roll through my practice Pentas but they just don't want to leave. I save my Pink RX's for special rounds lol. I hope to save some for a round with some LPGA'ers at some point. Anyway, the Penta is just not the best fit for me. Short off tee and irons its great around the green though. I do like the feel of the ball it just doesn't fit my swing for whatever reason. Wish it did because around the greens its a winner imo.

After finding one on my previous round, and playing out with it with great success, I picked up some new ProV1x's, and I have to say they are a revelation. As is common for my handicap, I spend a lot of time chipping from 10yds onto greens after just missing my GIR 2nd/3rd shot. The V1x's have meant I can be really confident with that chip shot, and almost forget how its going to roll out. Its bounce, bounce, stop (or slow right down at the very least). It makes that chip shot so much easier. Its just a shame they are so damn expensive.

After finding one on my previous round, and playing out with it with great success, I picked up some new ProV1x's, and I have to say they are a revelation. As is common for my handicap, I spend a lot of time chipping from 10yds onto greens after just missing my GIR 2nd/3rd shot. The V1x's have meant I can be really confident with that chip shot, and almost forget how its going to roll out. Its bounce, bounce, stop (or slow right down at the very least). It makes that chip shot so much easier. Its just a shame they are so damn expensive.

I haven't tried this years but I find some Prov1's or X's that I really like. How do you like them off the tee and off the irons?

I haven't tried this years but I find some Prov1's or X's that I really like. How do you like them off the tee and off the irons?

I thought I'd be all over the place with them, with their increased spin, but I drove really well, and the only wide shots were because of bad stirikes, not spin.

Played the e6 for today's round; performed well but was rolling out more than what I have been used to around the greens. Was using it as a cold weather ball today as others felt like rocks today. May have to find a soft ball with a bit more spin for colder weather rounds.

Played the e6 for today's round; performed well but was rolling out more than what I have been used to around the greens. Was using it as a cold weather ball today as others felt like rocks today. May have to find a soft ball with a bit more spin for colder weather rounds.

You might consider the 330RX. It's not going to be as soft as the e6, but it's still pretty soft and will spin well for you.

Played the e6 in optic yellow this past round. Love that ball. Hit 12/13 fairways with it and kept it the whole round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back