What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying the E6 (finally, right?) based on a recommendation. I've found they are rather enjoyable and less likely to anger me than some other balls. I've noticed a big difference in my drives. This could be the new 10.5* Machspeed I just got and put into play (coming off a 8.5* Octane), or it could be the ball, but the two together seem to be the ticket for consistency in my driving game.
I also like how they feel off the irons, for the most part. If I hit it right on the button, they feel really good. I was concerned a bit about spin 100 yards and in. I really went down after one yesterday with my 54*; a low, hard punch to get under a tree limb.
My jaw dropped when it hit, popped up, and proceeded to spin back like 30ft. :bulgy-eyes:

Good feel? Check
Straight? Check
Feels OK? Check
Spin? Check
Cheap(ish)? Check
New gamer? TBD

Found a Taylormade TP --- wow!!! I hit my best drives of the day with that ball - wish I woulda found it before the #13 hole but finished the round with it - LONG and straight - dang feel like I have been missing something..

Found a Taylormade TP --- wow!!! I hit my best drives of the day with that ball - wish I woulda found it before the #13 hole but finished the round with it - LONG and straight - dang feel like I have been missing something..

Ha - I felt the same way (like I had been missing something) when I first put it in play. Great time to stock up at $25/dozen!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

TM Penta TP.

Shorter off the tee for me than the B330 but it performed really, really well overall. I played it for a week in Myrtle Beach and, in particular, I never chipped better in my life. I seemed to mesh with the ball in the short game right away and chips became more intuitive than anything else, if that makes sense.

Spin on approach shots is excellent, as is feel off of all clubs including putter. So glad I revisited this ball as I didn't like it off the tee in the spring. Loved it so much now that I bought 5 dozen. Nothing says committment like a bulk order. :smile:

Today I played a B330-RX in pink and a Taylormade Black TP. I liked the RX, but the Black was just better for my game. I found it pretty similar to the B330-S, but with a little less spin and maybe a bit more distance. And not as straight off of the tee for me. Pretty decent ball, but it will not be my gamer.

played a prov1x and a penta tp today
both pretty similar but for some reason the penta didnt like my putter and was a few rotations short on more than one occasion

Ha - I felt the same way (like I had been missing something) when I first put it in play. Great time to stock up at $25/dozen!!

Tappin' from my iPad!
Man I figured it must be a $40 ball!!

OH yeah MC where??

OH yeah MC where??

I've seen them at that price at multiple places. WalMart and Sports Authority are two places.

EDIT: sorry, I thought we were talking about the Burner Tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last ball I used was a Q-Star. It was .... ok. Just ok. Not a great ball but I got around. Not much spin. After I finish the dozen, I am going back to a Penta or equal.

It is a $40 ball but they are buy 2 dozen, get 1 free from any golf retailer.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Thanks
- Christmas is Coming!:angel:

Thanks
- Christmas is Coming!:angel:
Make sure to keep an eye on the Deal of the Day thread, I recently picked up 3 dozen for 65 shipped. Also make sure its the Penta TP you found. There have been a lot of TP balls over the years including the black, red, Burner TP and others. Those can all be found for considerably cheaper.

thanks -it said Penta and the T&P were kinda merged into one letter - did not have any other logo except Taylormade?

thanks -it said Penta and the T&P were kinda merged into one letter - did not have any other logo except Taylormade?

Yep thats the penta, god deals can be found.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Played nxt tour and srizon soft feel yday! It was really windy the nxt seamed to have a much better ball flight. It also had much more spin around the green!!

After trying and failing with the Pro V1 a few weeks back I'm now almost a convert.
Been playing it exclusively for the last 10 rounds or so and am now quite impressed with it.
When I first tried it out I was unimpressed with the amount of sidespin I was getting with my driver and the lack of control on the green. I thought that maybe I was just having a bad day and now I'm convinced that I was.
As far as I'm concerned now, it's just as suited for my game as any other ball I've ever used.
I can now see why they market it as the #1 ball in golf, the pro's definitely see something in it considering the sheer number of top dogs that play it.

Make sure to keep an eye on the Deal of the Day thread, I recently picked up 3 dozen for 65 shipped. Also make sure its the Penta TP you found. There have been a lot of TP balls over the years including the black, red, Burner TP and others. Those can all be found for considerably cheaper.

This!!

Kingdom59.com will have something on the TP starting tomorrow or Thursday according to their teaser. They were previously doing 4 dozen for $105 shipped so hoping they sweeten it a little bit better.

Tappin' from my iPad!

This!!

Kingdom59.com will have something on the TP starting tomorrow or Thursday according to their teaser. They were previously doing 4 dozen for $105 shipped so hoping they sweeten it a little bit better.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Let us know what you find Cookie!

I played a yellow Srixon Trispeed Tour this weekend. I've liked playing a yellow ball lately, and the Trispeed Tour had about the same feel as the yellow Z-Star for half the cost. I don't think the yellow balls have as soft of a cover as their white counterparts, but I couldn't tell a difference between the yellow Trispeed Tour and the yellow Z-Star.

Those are the only two yellow balls I have tried. If only Bridgestone hadn't screwed with the E series balls, or I would probably be playing a yellow E6. I'm not big on the dimple-on-dimple.

I have being a bit of homework and taken on some of your comments, since I last posted.

I Checked out Bridgestone’s ball fitting and it came up with the E7. The B330 RX also would fit the bill, at the higher price.

Done the same on the Gallaway website and it came up with the HX Diablo Tour or alternately the cheaper HX Diablo.

I see a lot of you guys like the Taylormade balls, so I checked out their range and like the sound of the Burner TP or alternately the cheaper Burner Tour.

As I stated in my original post I’m in Ireland the cost of the balls about are as follows.

More expensive Range:

Bridgestone B3300 RX - €35/Dozen
Taylormade Burner TP - €29/Dozen
Gallaway HX Diablo Tour - €25/Dozen

Cheaper Alternatives:

Bridgestone E7 - €22/Dozen
Callaway HX Diablo - €20/Dozen
Taylormade Burner Tour - €19/Dozen

As stated originally, I had a hip replaced 4 years ago and my mobility is slightly restricted. I have a swing speed of 85-90mph and have no problem getting the ball into the air, so I am looking for a good distance with good control approaching the greens.

So, any of you folks tried any the above and what would you choose? One for both ranges would be appreciated.

I'm just tired of spending money on balls that just don't work for me, So, I'm just trying to narrow it down to a few that MIGHT work!

Cheers Guys.

Last edited:
played 2 taylormade black tp ldp's or something
pretty good ball all around... they seem to not swim or skip very well when you thin them across a water hazard tho

played 2 taylormade black tp ldp's or something
pretty good ball all around... they seem to not swim or skip very well when you thin them across a water hazard tho

When you find one that does let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back