What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played today, armed with the bridgestone e5.....i've been so pleased with the results from the b330rx that i was hesitant to put these into play but i was given a sleeve and thought, what the heck? i must say, i was very pleased with this ball. as many of you know, i hit a high ball, and although this ball is to promote a higher ball flight, i had no issues with ballooning or anything. it was solid off the tee, fantastic off the irons and i had no issues getting it to hold these greens today (by far the hardest and fastest greens i've played this year). now i'm torn, i won't lie. i had my absolute best round of golf of my life today and i'm pretty sure that this ball had something to do with it.

Spoiler
i shot even par 70! 1 eagle, 3 birdies and 5 bogeys! i was 3 under standing on 14 tee and started getting nervous. bogeyed 3 of the last 4 but i don't care.....new career low!

Thats awesome! Congrats man!!!

Great Round until you had to go all Pale Rider on the 14th....HAHA. Just kidding, that is a fabulous round of golf.

I too really like the e5 ball. It is my failsafe when I am not playing as well as I should. It does promote a high ball flight, but it does not balloon on my either. The urethane cover offers plenty of spin for me around the greens as well.

that damn pale rider! he always knows when to rear his ugly head, haha.

i've never even considered the e5 due to my higher ball flight but something about it is just right. it doesn't give me the lush feel i am use to with the rx but there's something to be said when results don't lie.

Nice round!

Great round TC, I'm happy anytime I reach 80, lol. I've yet to try the e5, but still playing the e6 plenty. Good job man!

T-Cizzle!!!!! Bro! What a round! Congrats man. Im in awe !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round! I'm like you, I get too excited and start thinking about my score too much. Last summer, I was standing on 18 tee at two over. I was thinking "Here I am about to shoot 73! Birdie and I shoot my best round ever." Too bad I started thinking that because I deposited my drive into the corn field and end up making a 9. Ugh!

I have been using the Taylor Made Penta since it came out prior to this season. I used the TP Red and the ProV1x last season and have played a few rounds with the One Tour D. I found that the Penta has better all around performance for my game than the One Tour D, but the Tour D is longer off of the tee.

I really enjoyed the One Tour D. Great distance and very good around the green for me. Penta was def a great ball too!! Lots of good balls out there.
I have been using the Taylor Made Penta since it came out prior to this season. I used the TP Red and the ProV1x last season and have played a few rounds with the One Tour D. I found that the Penta has better all around performance for my game than the One Tour D, but the Tour D is longer off of the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying out the Tour B330 today!!! I love messing with new stuff.

me too... i love coming across something i havent played yet and seeing how its different than what ive already tried

Last round I used a PX1 by Wilson, I rushed out the house and forgot to grab a fresh sleeve of Vapors. All that was in my bag was the Wilsons from playing with a friend the other day who just loved to knock my "game" balls in the water. Subsequently I putted like crap but drove it a little farther than normal. All in all not a bad ball, little hard for my taste off the wedges and putter face, but it rolls true.

Great round TC!! Hey if you ever go and play courses over by Tot Hill or Sandhills maybe we can get together. You can teach me how to swing a club lol.

Great round TC!! Hey if you ever go and play courses over by Tot Hill or Sandhills maybe we can get together. You can teach me how to swing a club lol.

i have no idea where those courses are man, but would love to tee it up. i want to see those kbs shafts in person....lol

i played with a couple of dudes from the raleigh area. one of them was phenomenal for a 4 hcp and he was super cool. he shot 2 under, played the burner irons and the penta ball. i told him about the site and stuff so maybe he'll join up.

Anyone have an idea how the B330 holds up compared to the B330-S. I LOVE the b330-s but a new ball every 10-14 holes is gonna break me.

Played with the e7 again today, and have changed my opinion a bit on it. It did a very good job of keeping my flight down, definitely noticeable between the range balls pre-round.

Played an entire round with a Polara. They are supposed to self correct for a straighter flight. I think it may have worked. Of course, it might have been the fact that I have been concentrating more on my game.

Played an entire round with a Polara. They are supposed to self correct for a straighter flight. I think it may have worked. Of course, it might have been the fact that I have been concentrating more on my game.

or a combination of both! either way, well done clam. where you been anyway? working on your game that much?

or a combination of both! either way, well done clam. where you been anyway? working on your game that much?

I have been swamped with all the new products coming in this month. I haven't played all that much, but have been hitting in my driving cage a lot. I have also been trying to sell the university my line of prolauncher tees. I am keeping my fingers crossed

Nice! How did the Wilson Staff line do? Sorry I happen to be in love with the Zip and Tx4.
Excellent - they won the value category with the DX2 and got a recommended spot in the mid-range category with the DX3.

I have conforming grooves on my irons and I have non-conforming grooves on my CG15's. What wedges are you using?

I'm currently using Callaway X-Series Jaws CC (conforming grooves). Still not sure on them, though, and might go back to my trusty Ping Tour-W set very soon! What finish do you have on yours?

I'm the same - I change something every round without fail. I know for a fact it is having a detrimental effect on my scores, but I can't stop myself!

Lets keep this one on topic about the balls guys. Thanks.

And multiquote is your friend.

Last round was a Srixon ZStar white. Been playing with the yellow for a while and wanted to play with the white to see if it plays any different. So far it is the same, nothing different. This summer I have put into play, Bridegestone 330 RXS, ZStar yellow/white, TM Penta, TM TP Black, Bridgestone e5+. It has been awhile since I have played my ProV1's so I am going to put those into play the next few weeks. Results so far puts the ZStar out in front simply because I love the feel around the green and off the putter.

Here I go again... another ball change. :confused2: Last Wednesday I played my favorite course up in the mountains (Pole Creek), and while beating the weeds looking for an errant tee shot, I found a perfectly preserved TM Burner LDP. Ended up using that for the last 6 holes and I really liked the ball. I honestly don't know if it's any longer off the tee than the E6 I was playing (I'm just too inconsistent with my driver to really tell), but I love it for approach shots. I'm a fairly decent ball striker with my irons and hybrids (4h and 5h sub for my 3I and 4I), so I get good action on a good swing, certainly as much as I ever need. And on a bad swing it doesn't matter what ball I'm using. :D

The best thing about the Burner is the distance and consistency I get on my approaches.... 9I is back up to 135 yards like I was some 20 years ago. 8I is good up to about 150 depending on the lie. Believe me when I say that those are great numbers for me, as I've always been shorter than most players with my irons. And I get pretty good control, normally hitting it high, but being able to play a good knockdown or punch as well, and they feel good off the irons. Greenside there isn't a lot of spin, but I play and prefer that style of pitch or chip anyway. When I absolutely need it, I can flop it pretty softly with my SW.

I bought a dozen ($17 per dz employee cost) of these and played a round yesterday... shot an 82 (even with freshly aerated and sanded greens) which is one of my better recent scores. I seem to be going cheaper and cheaper and still playing well. I'm gradually moving to the camp of those who feel that more mid to high handicap players use premium balls than really need to or ought to. For me it was as much an ego thing as it was actual playing need. It's certainly better on the pocketbook not to play them, even though I don't lose a lot of balls normally.

Greenside there isn't a lot of spin, but I play and prefer that style of pitch or chip anyway.

Am I reading this right and you are referring to a good rollout distance, ie landing it short and rolling to target? That's my preferred shot around the greens, and this ball was in the top 3 I was fit to a few weeks ago but never put it in play due to cost at the time (12 @ $28, now $16). I may have to try them out if I understood you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back