What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the RX again and I am thinking that this could possibly be the ball for me. I don't have the SS that I did at the beginning of the year so I am hovering around 105 with my driver and this ball just feels wonderful off the tee. The ZStarX was going great for me when I was swinging a little harder. I keep going back and forth on this I know, but I am also learning more about golf every day.

Played and lost a few Callaway Warbirds this weekend. Not a bad ball at all and the price on them right now is great. Don't mind drowning these as much as my e6's....

I played a round yesterday with a Nike Gold that I found and I was bombing it off the tee. I have been playing the Bridgestone B-300RXS lately and I really like it but this Nike ball gave me an extra 5 yards. Now the only problem is they no longer make them and I may have some issues finding some. I am still going to play the Bridgestone but now I have found my second ball.

I played a round yesterday with a Nike Gold that I found and I was bombing it off the tee. I have been playing the Bridgestone B-300RXS lately and I really like it but this Nike ball gave me an extra 5 yards. Now the only problem is they no longer make them and I may have some issues finding some. I am still going to play the Bridgestone but now I have found my second ball.

Here's 5 dozen for 60 bucks.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-One-Gold-g..._Golf_Balls&hash=item4aa485618c#ht_500wt_1154

Srixon Yellow, the softer version for slower swing speeds. I'm saving money because the cover is so great I can get a few rounds out of a single ball without having to change.

Played the e5 today, WOW what a ball!! 11 holes with one ball, played the gamer v2 and d2 feel after, to get a see if it was just me or a better ball. IMO no comparison. Wished I had tried it a long time ago.

Try the Z Star. Better than an Rx Bridgestone.

Not for everybody. Each golfer should have a golf ball fit for them like any other piece of equipment. What is best for one person may not be best for another.

Played a top flite XL7000 Straight today and wow, played the same ball all 9 holes and had some of my longest drives to date, was really swinging well today.

I have been playing the RXS for a while now but at golf town here in Canada they have started selling the Nike One Tour balls for $30 a dozen so I thought I would give them a try. GREAT BALL!!!! I lost maybe 5 yards off the tee but the spin I am getting 125 yards and in more than makes up for it. As long as this ball stays at this price it will be my ball.

Forgot my Polara sleeve at home and broke out the Fuzz. I get more spin from these than any other cheap ball. Love the Fuzz!

played a taylormade tp ldp
i like this ball and wish i had more

I normally play the Nike One Tour but I was just given a dozen Nike One Vapor Speeds and played them today. They are a good ball but the spin lost around the greens and on full wedge shots took a little getting used to but once you adjusted they are a great ball for the price. I would recommend them.

I've been playing the Srixon Z Stat Xs most of the summer and do really like them, but I've always wanted to at least try the Pentas because of all the raves and reviews. Probably the cheapy in me, but shelling out the extra 6 bucks a dozen has always deterred me. Got a single sleeve off my buddy for winning a golf bet and got to try them for the first time this week.

I love the Penta. Shot my career low round of 76 on a par 72 without a single penalty stroke. Distance off the tee was awesome... I think at least 5 to 10 yards more than the Xs. And the spin around the green was amazing. In fact, the spin saved me at least 1 or 2 strokes. For example, had 100 yards in, absolutely thinned a SW missile that only got about 15 feet in the air. It lands on the green, but had so much spin, it skidded and barely rolled off the back to the fringe. Me and the guy I was playing with were shocked when we found it. I was expecting it to be at least 20 yards beyond the green. I like the Srixon, but it never would've checked up like that ball did. And the feel on chips and putts was exquisite.

And after a whole round, including a cart path bounce, the ball was still in good enough shape to go another round.

I'm a convert. I just gotta find somewhere to buy these for less than 46 bucks a dozen, perhaps online.

sumitomo go long

tried TM penta...
Driver hits - not bad, but not the longest
Hybrid/mid iron hits - quite good and nice trajectory
short iron hits - good trajectory and nice bite
chip shots - nice check and can work the ball to check and stop or check and roll
putting - nice feel with not tooo soft
*note: it is a soft cover ball and proper wedge/short iron shots will chew up the ball

G4L nice work man! That Penta is a legit ball. I would've thought with 5 layers it wouldn't be as easy to hit but I like it a lot. You thinking of making a permanent switch?

I haven't been able to play lately (bad left hand) but I spent some time at the range yesterday and some green time with the Z Star X. We had a little bonding moment. Not enough to dethrone the 330RX (s) but I won't suffer while I go through my stash of ball so I can replace them with the bridgestones. Great off the putter and the niblick was loving it from off the second cut. Good stuff.

I played the Srixon Yellows.. I think I like them, but I need another round or two to be sure...

Yellows are great balls. Funny thing is I play the yellows better than I do the white Z Stars. Purely in my head but for some reason I enjoy them much more.

I saw the fuzz for the first time the other day at Walmart. I almost bought them! But I thought about the "you have enough golf ball" look in my head and stopped myself. They just looked cool.
Forgot my Polara sleeve at home and broke out the Fuzz. I get more spin from these than any other cheap ball. Love the Fuzz!

G4L nice work man! That Penta is a legit ball. I would've thought with 5 layers it wouldn't be as easy to hit but I like it a lot. You thinking of making a permanent switch?

I haven't been able to play lately (bad left hand) but I spent some time at the range yesterday and some green time with the Z Star X. We had a little bonding moment. Not enough to dethrone the 330RX (s) but I won't suffer while I go through my stash of ball so I can replace them with the bridgestones. Great off the putter and the niblick was loving it from off the second cut. Good stuff.

I am thinking of making the switch permanent. Since I still have the full sleeve, I have at least 1 more test drive round before I decide. But I can't argue with the results so far. Just wish they were the same price as the Z Stars.

Just made a switch from the Gamer V2 to the Bridgestone E5. I think the E5 stops a little better on the green, but the gamer flies a little straighter for me on miss-hits. I really like the E5 but it will be hard to make a permanent change given the price difference vs the performance difference.

On that note I bought 4 dozen near mint used E5's for less than I could have gotten 3 dozen new gamers.

Srixon soft feel. I just like the feel, distance and around green. Sometimes I play Srixon Z too.

I have been playing TM TP Red or Black depending on the wind for about 2 years now and I have never played better. TP Red if the wind is up or for all around playability I play the Black especially when it is wet and I want a little more carry I play Black. The Red seems to fly lower and bores through the wind a little better than the Black. Either one is a great ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back