What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
started with a slazenger raw distance ball and it was brand new
it made it to #14 till it decided to go swimming
it hit a couple of trees, a cart path, and a lot of jaws wedge shots so it was pretty scuffed by the time i lost it
wasnt a bad ball at all
then i put a top flite regular trajectory into play for 2 holes and it was horrendously hard so i tossed it
finished with a precept laddie... it felt softer than both previous balls but didnt perform as well for a softer ball

Srixon ZStar . Money ball! Soft, long, spinny but predictable. Solid ball.

I have been gaming the Bridgestone FIX the last few rounds and it is a sweet little pearl! Good price and they give you a well rounded golf ball at a decent price.

I have been gaming the Bridgestone FIX the last few rounds and it is a sweet little pearl! Good price and they give you a well rounded golf ball at a decent price.

I picked up a dozen last week as wal mart had them for $14.99. Haven't put them in play yet, but tomorrow sounds like a good time to give them a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lmao... i dont have a retriever but when you hit balls all over the place besides the fw you tend to find everyone elses balls that didnt hit the fw
its a good day when i leave the course with more than i actually brought... its like thunderdome... one ball enter three balls leave
Now that there is funny...:D

Sounds exactly like me.

Gamed the Bridgestone Fixx in place of my normal B330-s. Great ball for those colder days. I did a review of it about a month on this thread. Good distance, great spin on the irons, durable, and good feel. Little more spin off the driver than i like, but its predictable and generally pretty consitant.

tried to keep a bridgestone e6 in play the whole day but it went swimming on #9
then played a callaway warbird plus and it went swimming on #14
finished with a prov1
all pretty decent balls

Played TM Pentas. When I first started playing the Pentas, I wasn't really sure what I thought about them. But as I've played more and more rounds with them, I've really come to like them. They're long and provide exceptional spin in and around the greens.

alternated between a prov1 and prov1x kept the other in the pocket to keep it warm lol

Played the low compression Tommy Armour ball again today. If I keep the short game I had today, this might be more than a cold weather ball!

I have been gaming the TM Penta for several weeks, starting the day I played with omikey and DawgDaddy. I have given them several brief tries since I was selected as a tester here after they came out. I always thought Penta is a quality ball - straight and long, durable but great spin, and the best feel off the putter of any ball EVER. I felt (to me) its weakest point was the chipping, but now that I have gamed it for weeks I am adjusting and I really am liking it around the greens as well. Right now I am thinking it might be the best all-around ball available today, and I have $80 in pro shop gift certificates that I am about to spend on 3 dozen of them - w/ the current "Buy 2 dozen/ Get the 3rd Free" deal I can get the 3 dozen for $88 - a steal considering I only have to pony up $8.

Srixon Z Star Yellow and I didn't like it much. It was shorter than the Nike 20xi that I had been playing, but I also don't like it as much as I did the tour D's. Playing in a PGA Dogfight tomorrow with some Pro V1 x's, haven't played a Titleist product in 5 years probably.

I played a Pro V1x on Friday when I played. I hate the Pro V1, but the Pro V1x was actually quite good for me. A solid flight and good distance with the irons, but I wasn't a fan of them around the greens or with the woods. Pretty good ball, just not for me.

I realized when I got to the course that I only had 2 of my normal Pentas in my bag. I grabbed a sleeve of B330's in case I lost both Pentas and headed out. I Played a nice front 9 with the same Penta. Then lost it on 11 (on the way to a double). I recovered adn continued to play well, until I lost my 2nd Penta on 15, and switched to the B330. I was sitting at 9 over through 14, and ended up going 6 over on the final 4 holes. Do I blame it on the balls? Not at all, I've liked the B330 in the past. However I think switching balls mid round after playing so well got to me mentally a little bit. They are both great balls, but I'll be sticking to my Penta.

I played the Srixon soft feels, v nice usually use Taylor Made Burner, but the Srixon worked well for me on Saturday

Played the 330-RXS the last 2 days and really enjoyed it. Played pretty similar to the Penta TP for me which is what I was looking for. It definitely had more spin and checkup ability than the 330-RX especially on full shots into the green.

Was also really impressed with the durability, happened to bounce on a cart path once and there were no scuffs to be seen.

Only thing I did not like was the ball hiding under the leaves and not wanting to be found. Grrrr......

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have been gaming the TM Penta for several weeks, starting the day I played with omikey and DawgDaddy. I have given them several brief tries since I was selected as a tester here after they came out. I always thought Penta is a quality ball - straight and long, durable but great spin, and the best feel off the putter of any ball EVER. I felt (to me) its weakest point was the chipping, but now that I have gamed it for weeks I am adjusting and I really am liking it around the greens as well. Right now I am thinking it might be the best all-around ball available today, and I have $80 in pro shop gift certificates that I am about to spend on 3 dozen of them - w/ the current "Buy 2 dozen/ Get the 3rd Free" deal I can get the 3 dozen for $88 - a steal considering I only have to pony up $8.

I agree buddy, with the buy 2 get 1 free offer they are probably the best ball for many of us right now, I used them when I played with Josh_Ross, KellyBo & Ole Gray last Thursday and they are really solid golf balls. No real weaknesses with the Penta.

I've been playing the Titleist V1X so long I can't remember when I started. I've tried other golf balls occasionally but I always go back to the V1X. The ball flight, feel off the wedges and putter, for just can't be beat, yet! The new Penta is the only ball that feels close to the V1X and has a similar ball flight.

I played a sleeve of TriSpeed Tour yellow for 1 hole before moving to my trusty Tour i(z). I can't say enough good things about the tour i(z) and how it fits my game. I really am excited though to go back to the B330 RX when I finally run out. I miss that ball but the i(z) feels fantastic.

Played the 330-RXS the last 2 days and really enjoyed it. Played pretty similar to the Penta TP for me which is what I was looking for. It definitely had more spin and checkup ability than the 330-RX especially on full shots into the green.

Was also really impressed with the durability, happened to bounce on a cart path once and there were no scuffs to be seen.

Only thing I did not like was the ball hiding under the leaves and not wanting to be found. Grrrr......

Tappin' from my iPad!

What do you think about the driver distance of the RXS vs. the RX? I bought a sleeve of the RXS this weekend, but it was cold and breezy so I don't know if it was a fair distance test. I was hitting at least 10 yards shorter than with the RX on warmer days. Fortunately we had moved up to the white tees. My only complaint about the RX is that it runs out way too much on the short chips and pitches around the green, and the RXS certainly cured that problem.

played a Bridgestone Fix ( won a dozen of these in a tournament a few weeks back ). They were terrible, at least for me.

The last round I played with the Srixon Z-Star, what a great ball! Awesome feel around the greens and very solid off the irons. I thought it was a lot better than the Q-Star. I think I will play this ball for a while now.

Played again with the Nike One Vapor Speed yesterday. Love the distance (prolly have picked up a good 10+ yards with this ball) and can get a decent amount of spin on full shots. The ball def lacks on short chips around the green, but I am able to get good action on 30+ yard pitches. So far I am enjoying the ball and will continue to play it into next year.

started with a penta and finished with a prov1x

Hit a Pro V1 x for first time in years during a tournament yesterday. I thought the ball felt good even though I didn't play very well.
A couple of times I felt like the wind affected the ball in flight more than it would have with the Nike 20xi that I had been playing. I'll play it again for the next few rounds just to see if it is my new ball since I fell out of love with the Nike stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back