What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those still in search of a winter ball - the Bridgestone FIxx is a MUST try. Normally $20/dozen but I recently bought some for half price. I am really impressed with these. Not quite as much green side spin as the Penta TP but very similar to the 330-RX (not S series) for me.

They feel really good on chips and off the putter as well. No brainer purchase especially if you can catch them on sale.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I played Tommy Armour Silver Scots today. Lower compression ball in the colder temps. I don't know that this actually works, but I have a few dozen I need to use!

bs tour 330... used it the whole round and it performed well... too bad i didnt

ProV1 thru 16 holes.
TM Penta for the last 2 holes - Not a bad ball imo. might have to buy a sleeve just to see what they're all about.

Played the same penta tp ball today for the entire round. Then threw it into the woods after I 4 putted the 18th green.

Nike One Tour for me today. Softest feeling tour ball out there besides the RX line IMHO. Spin isn't lacking. And the distance is definately there. With as much as these spin around the green, they seem to fly very straight off of the long irons and woods.

Srixon Q-Star tour yellow. Lost four of them... go figure. The one that lasted was great though, pretty hard ball. Very similar to the 2010 e6.

I put the Bridgestone B330s in play over the weekend and I must say it's a long ball. I was seeing an increase with every club I hit. I spins well and rolls true

I put the Bridgestone B330s in play over the weekend and I must say it's a long ball. I was seeing an increase with every club I hit. I spins well and rolls true

Looks like the B-330S is the one for you buddy, let us know if you decide that it is you regular gamer. I love Bridgestone B-330RX myself.

Played the Q-Star and Wilson ZIP (was looking for softest ball possible).

Actually really liked them both. The ZIP feels like a marshmellow. I love a soft ball and that is as soft as ive ever played.

I tried playing with a "tour" ball for the first time on the weekend. Taylormade Penta. I really liked this ball - for the first time ever i actually saw the ball stop dead on the green for me which i was stoked with. Didnt notice too much sideways movement off the driver which i was a bit worried about so i think i'll continue to play this ball for a while and see if it can save me any strokes around the green.

I tried playing with a "tour" ball for the first time on the weekend. Taylormade Penta. I really liked this ball - for the first time ever i actually saw the ball stop dead on the green for me which i was stoked with. Didnt notice too much sideways movement off the driver which i was a bit worried about so i think i'll continue to play this ball for a while and see if it can save me any strokes around the green.

Love Penta's. Gamed them more than anything last season.

I really enjoy the feel around the greens with the soft feel. It reminds me of the tour balata that I use to play! Off the tee & irons I find it about 5 yards shorter but I'll give that up for the feel around the greens & the spin. Best ball I've played this year.

Played the Tommy Armour again today.

I'm still playing the B330-RX, and I'm still very happy with it.

I've tried the "s" version, but I'm still happier with the original.

i found a callaway hx pearl the other day and put it into play
not bad for a "lady" ball
it was a good all around ball

B330s, there's not a better ball out there right now for my game.

i found a callaway hx pearl the other day and put it into play
not bad for a "lady" ball
it was a good all around ball

For some reason or another, with all of the balls that you find and play, I see you as "Ball Retriever Guy" from that Golf Digest article they put up in the forum somewhere.

JUst kidding with you bro! My wife plays those and I have, on more than one occasion, found myself without balls in my bag (bring on the heckling) and used those. Can't complain with them. A little ballooning and a bit more rollout than I'd like. But all in all they felt good and didn't hurt my score any.

I have played the Nike One Tour for about three years or four years (Pro V1-x otherwise), with a course of low buck deals in the spring before my swing warms up (300 yrds dead left and your new $3 ball is GONE :banghead:) and playing "fall ball" (because they get lost in the leaves). I was pleasently surprised when I played some Maxfli Tour balls (2 for $20) this fall. I think they are as good or better then the Nike's. I did not lose any yardage or control and they are 1/3 the price! I can play one for about nine holes before it's toast (about the same as a nike). I'm hooked ... now they'll stop making them (just like the Nike One's). Although I have not tried the 20XI ....

For some reason or another, with all of the balls that you find and play, I see you as "Ball Retriever Guy" from that Golf Digest article they put up in the forum somewhere.

JUst kidding with you bro! My wife plays those and I have, on more than one occasion, found myself without balls in my bag (bring on the heckling) and used those. Can't complain with them. A little ballooning and a bit more rollout than I'd like. But all in all they felt good and didn't hurt my score any.

lmao... i dont have a retriever but when you hit balls all over the place besides the fw you tend to find everyone elses balls that didnt hit the fw
its a good day when i leave the course with more than i actually brought... its like thunderdome... one ball enter three balls leave

lmao... i dont have a retriever but when you hit balls all over the place besides the fw you tend to find everyone elses balls that didnt hit the fw
its a good day when i leave the course with more than i actually brought... its like thunderdome... one ball enter three balls leave
I am the same way - in fact have to dump my bag or it gets to heavy with balls - I am just jealous of how many rounds you get in..
That said I bought a dozen Penta's the other day - and I NEVER BUY balls - I have plenty to go through already - but after posting my best ever 9 with a Penta, I owed the ball some love..

Does anyone else notice that around this time of the year if you get a bucket of balls for the range at your course that half of them are prime balls? For example, last time I was at my course I found in my bucket 1 brand new Nike 20XI-S, 2 Prov1's, 1 ProV1x, numerous Callaways all in good shape, a brand new Penta and a BS E6? This was out of 2 small buckets! Love it, for $8 I walked away with a golf bag full of balls. Of course I'll "give back" most of them during rounds.

I am the same way - in fact have to dump my bag or it gets to heavy with balls - I am just jealous of how many rounds you get in..
That said I bought a dozen Penta's the other day - and I NEVER BUY balls - I have plenty to go through already - but after posting my best ever 9 with a Penta, I owed the ball some love..
yeah i havent bought balls in so long i cant even remember... i work at a course so im always finding balls or during outtings the drunks leave new sleeves in carts or all over the course so i have new and used ones to last me forever lol
Does anyone else notice that around this time of the year if you get a bucket of balls for the range at your course that half of them are prime balls? For example, last time I was at my course I found in my bucket 1 brand new Nike 20XI-S, 2 Prov1's, 1 ProV1x, numerous Callaways all in good shape, a brand new Penta and a BS E6? This was out of 2 small buckets! Love it, for $8 I walked away with a golf bag full of balls. Of course I'll "give back" most of them during rounds.
the divers at our course have a deal with the course for all the balls the find they give some to the range... i dnot exactly know the amt but we get that too but we stripe them asap

today i played an nxt extreme and it lasted the whole round... started to scuff up towards the last few holes but it was pretty durable and performed well until then

today i played 2 penta tp's
one i lost on #9 when i sliced that puppy and it bounced off a tree into the deep leaves... i found 3 balls but none were mine

I played a TaylorMade Penta, it is looking fairly rough after the full round so I will only use it for a water hole or a hole with plenty of trouble on it. I thought it played pretty good, but will continue to buy the Bridgestone B-330RX, I just like it better overall. This was the last sleeve of the Penta promotion for the free 6 pack of balls so I have 2 brand new ones left. I can see why so many people would stock up on these with the buy 2 get one free promotion, it is a very good ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back