What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice shooting, WE!

Shot a 40/40, 80 (+8) today.

10 pars and 8 bogeys. Wind had me all over the course today, but was able to drop some putts (28 total putts) to keep my round going.

Liking the 28 putts brother. 80 in the breeze is good. How did you like the ball flight of the DPCs in the wind?

41 / 41 =82
The wheels did not come off today lol.

39/43 82. Not awful, but wild again. A few holes in a row on the back where I forgot how to hit a driver.
Scores are consistent, but how I get them...not so much. Birdied the hole I tripled yesterday and doubled one I had birdied. I get consistent, I'm going to shoot 74 or 94 and I have no idea which is more likely right now.

43/46 89... ball striking was good... course had some tight fairways... but had 36 putts... ouch!!!

Liking the 28 putts brother. 80 in the breeze is good. How did you like the ball flight of the DPCs in the wind?
I was working on flighting the ball lower today, didnt always work, but on my normal shots I was seeing a nice penetrating high ball flight, never an issue with ballooning.

I was working on flighting the ball lower today, didnt always work, but on my normal shots I was seeing a nice penetrating high ball flight, never an issue with ballooning.

I saw that yesterday, the irons really push the ball through the wind

I saw that yesterday, the irons really push the ball through the wind
Indeed they do, first real test with the Tour 90s in them with wind like this and they didnt cause me any concern.

I had a few shots today from around 100 yards that I went with a PW wedge with. Ball back of stance, quick and hard swing and just kept it at a low line and let it run.

44-39 = 83

2 triples and a double on the front, just atrocious. Bad tee shots were quite penalizing. Got it going on the back with nothing worse than a bogey.

8/13 FW
6/18 GIR
31 putts

44-39 = 83

2 triples and a double on the front, just atrocious. Bad tee shots were quite penalizing. Got it going on the back with nothing worse than a bogey.

8/13 FW
6/18 GIR
31 putts
Playing the Amp today?

Playing the Amp today?

Yep, the regular one. Had it set to open for the first 8 holes and then moved it to neutral on hole 9 and stopped losing them to the right.

Yep, the regular one. Had it set to open for the first 8 holes and then moved it to neutral on hole 9 and stopped losing them to the right.
Me and open drivers = disaster. Glad you were able to get it sorted out on the back 9.

Back to the 9-hole short course again this morning - did two shots better than yesterday. Another day of really good putting.

Highlight of the round was not any shot of mine (though I had a few good ones) but that one of my playing partners (a beginner) got her first birdie ever. That was fun to watch.

Ken

69, -1. Finished sole third on -6, 4 after the winner. Very windy and touchy conditions, tough to get it close. Holed some big putts on 14 and 16 and got a grand and a half for the trouble. Very happy. :act-up:

I saved a decent round yesterday hit 1 fw and 3 greens and still shot 86. My chipping and short game were great had 30 putts with a 4 putt!!! Need to work on the ball striking big time!

my first time out in 3 weeks. 54/45. gaaa! I shoulda stayed home and painted. driver wasn't working at all, and I only hit 3 GIRs all day...it wouldn't have mattered if I'd gotten more, I couldn't buy a putt. The highlight of the day was the birdie on #10 but outside of that, not a single par all day. a bunch of bogeys, doubles and a healthy sprinkling of blow-up holes mixed in. so....this is my routine...10-12 good games and then kaboom! then it's the process of working my way back into the 80's...I have to say my bad peaks are getting smaller and less frequent and this blowup comes after a 3 week stretch of no golf. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :act-up:

110. Had alot more pars than normal today, but 4 blow up holes of 8 or 9 kinda ruined it.

I shot a 117 & 123 at White Clay Creek CC. Definitely the hardest course I have played and I think I lost a ball in every hazard posible. But I still had a great time, and the carts have GPSs there which is so cool.

I played there in 2010 when I played 9 courses up the east coast and it kicked my tail pretty good at 87. But I wasn't playing real well on that trip most of the scores were mid 80's with only one or two in 70's. There was only one course that I thought tougher on that trip, Fenner Hill in Rhode Island, only because the greens were so slick there.

69, -1. Finished sole third on -6, 4 after the winner. Very windy and touchy conditions, tough to get it close. Holed some big putts on 14 and 16 and got a grand and a half for the trouble. Very happy. :act-up:

Nice thepete, congrats on the top 3 finish.

Another day of mediocrity for me in the tournament today. How about a four-putt with two misses inside 2 feet? Three birdies hitting the cup and coming out? Three-putts on each of the last two holes? Bad, Bad, Bad! 84 (41, 43)

89 at skyline. fairly satisfied with my iron play, even hit my 3 iron and 3 wood well. hit only 7 greens but only hit 2 fairways. Still can't hit the driver at all. If you put a gun to my head and told me to hit the driver in the fairway or die, i'd be one dead dude, no question about it.

Here's the real kicker. 41, count 'em, 41 putts. un-bleeping-real. I'm not a lights out putter by any means but I think I range from competent-to-good depending on how i'm feeling, well I was feeling a whole lot less than nothing today. It became a sick joke after a while. The greens are skyline are notorious for not rolling the purest, but when you are consistantly missing that first putt so badly that you leave 7, 8, 10 feet, well then it's your own fault for being at the mercy of the breaks of the green. It started bad and then it got worse. oy

Shot a 107! (52/55, par 72 course). This is my personal best for any 18-hole round I've played in my life, without an assist from score markers maxing me out at 7 or 8. So a legit PB! Oooh Yeah!!!

107 would be a 13 shot improvement over my previous best score at this course (120). I have really been struggling to get past that 120 barrier - and I didn't really expect to shoot lower than 110 this year at all!

I do not feel I played as well as I could have today - I have had better days chipping and putting, and I left more approach shots short of the green than I normally would. Breaking 100 may be just around the corner!

49/50 - 99 Ugh.

The holes I got off the tee, I played well. The others were abject disasters.

I'm going to play Bethpage Black in a few weeks, and if I don't straighten this out, I'll shoot a bazillion there

I shot two straight 51's to come in third in my tournament. We all had a barbecue and I won a Vokey Spin Milled 60 degree wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back