What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a pretty good 86 today on a 6500 yard course. 10/14 FIR 6/18 GIR. The slope is 138. I'm quite happy. Good ball striking day.

nice round Perry!

86 at Whitewater Creek .43 - 43 couldn't get off the tee box very well today and it's usually my strong part of my game. Throw in a few 3 jacks and it adds up.

35/36 for an even par 71. We "teed it forward" today. My buddy wanted to play the white tees, which are really short at Georgia National, so I talked him into the Green tees, which are a rated combination of Blue and White tees. Still, that took the course from 6500 yards with rating of 71.9/136 to just 6000 yards and rating of 69.8/128.

It was interesting. Some of the holes have over a 40 yard difference between White and Blue tees, and we were on the Whites for all of those holes. I've clearly got to improve my driving for days when I want to play from the Blues...today it was all short irons and wedges, and it was really fun, but I don't think I hit a drive over 240. 10 fairways, 13 GIRS, 31 putts. 4 bogeys, 4 birdies. If I could find 25 more yards with my driver, I could shoot that from the Blues on a regular basis.

I went 45/42 for an 87. Not great, but I'm not unhappy considering it was my first time on the course and my second time ever (first in 2 years) playing bermuda grass. I putted pretty well as the greens rolled great. Ball striking was okay, tee game was meh, and my wedge game was horrific. But that's because of that stupid bermuda grass.

81 - years best! Local muni, par 71, 5800 yds. In the rain. Great round! Everything was working well today, well except the driver. The good thing was that my RBZ 3HL fairway was on fuego! One hopped a 30 yd. chip into the cup for a birdie, parred all the pat threes. Putted well. Got wet.

I went 45/42 for an 87. Not great, but I'm not unhappy considering it was my first time on the course and my second time ever (first in 2 years) playing bermuda grass. I putted pretty well as the greens rolled great. Ball striking was okay, tee game was meh, and my wedge game was horrific. But that's because of that stupid bermuda grass.
Haha...get used to it my friend!

You play solo or get paired up?

Haha...get used to it my friend!

You play solo or get paired up?

Paired up on the back, but solo on the front. That grass is so foreign to me it's unreal. I've never seen anything like it. Going to take some time to get used to for sure.

Paired up on the back, but solo on the front. That grass is so foreign to me it's unreal. I've never seen anything like it. Going to take some time to get used to for sure.
Welcome to the South.

Welcome to the South.

Yeah and that's another thing with the higher launching iron shafts. When it's sitting down in there it's so hard to get it up.

rough day today...played 36, shot 80, then 78. couldn't get putts to fall and it was just my luck...had 5 tee shots land in divots. had 32 putts first round, 30 second round.

Ecstatic to walk away with an 82 today. Two double bogeys, six bogeys, 10 pars.

Driver was off as I can remember it being for a long long time. Both double bogeys came from drives that were out of bounds and I had to play three off the tee.

Irons were not too much better either. Distance and direction were both out of whack and I felt like I forgot how to play in the wind.

For whatever reason my wedge game and putting were darn near immaculate today though. Funny thing because they have really been off here lately. It just seems like I can't pull the whole game together at once.

Went three for four on sand saves and drained multiple putts outside of 15 feet.

Looking at the entire around I'm pretty happy with what I shot. It could have been a lot worse and I do have to say that today was probably the ugliest 82 that I've ever shot.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Shot a 93 today, 50/43. Personal best on the course was a 95, so I beat it by 2, and only hit 2 fairways and 3 greens. Biggest score on any hole was a 7. First round ever without at least one 8 or 9. Made a 40 footer for my birdie on 17 in the near dark and a 20 footer on 18 for par in the actual dark. All in all, not a bad round for me and one of my best of all time.
Congrats on the course PB!

Shot a 40/40, 80 (+8) today.

10 pars and 8 bogeys. Wind had me all over the course today, but was able to drop some putts (28 total putts) to keep my round going.
Not bad, WE. Nice putting.

Shot a 107! (52/55, par 72 course). This is my personal best for any 18-hole round I've played in my life, without an assist from score markers maxing me out at 7 or 8. So a legit PB! Oooh Yeah!!!

107 would be a 13 shot improvement over my previous best score at this course (120). I have really been struggling to get past that 120 barrier - and I didn't really expect to shoot lower than 110 this year at all!

I do not feel I played as well as I could have today - I have had better days chipping and putting, and I left more approach shots short of the green than I normally would. Breaking 100 may be just around the corner!
Congrats on the PB, LeftySean!

I shot a 96 (48/48) in my first post-Morgan Cup round due to the tendonitis. Elbow is a little stiff, but doesn't hurt. I was a little gun-shy today. Putted good though.

97 woo-woo!!!

Finally back under 100. I left the driver in the bag today, using the 4 wood and even the new Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19 deg off the tee. More balls in play and it paid off... :)

Tommy

82....new irons and I love them. CB3's with KBS. write up to follow in KBS thread and CB3 thread. Awesome day.

Started to play a little better again today and put a 40/36 - 76 on the card. Still struggling to find the swing I had two weeks ago, but I hit some very solid shots today.

187597f3-d8d4-9f07.jpg

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Another day of mediocrity for me in the tournament today. How about a four-putt with two misses inside 2 feet? Three birdies hitting the cup and coming out? Three-putts on each of the last two holes? Bad, Bad, Bad! 84 (41, 43)

The bright side is you should be fully out of your funk by the time the THP van hits Georgia. You should be shooting low scores that weekend for sure.

Day 2 of the OH/KY/IN outing at Otter Creek Golf Clubs in Columbus IN.

Shot a 76 this morning and a 77 this afternoon. I am pretty darn exhausted! 72 holes in two days is sliiiiiightly beyond my capacity haha!

My best round in 9 years today. 36/38 74. 2 bogeys, 2 birdies a double and 13 pars. 13/14 FIR 31 putts. My game has really come around over the last couple months. Heaven knows I have hit enough balls. Like most hackers, I am waiting for the bottom to drop out. :D

The bright side is you should be fully out of your funk by the time the THP van hits Georgia. You should be shooting low scores that weekend for sure.

Hey Buddy, it's OK, just a challenge to try to be better next time out. It wasn't a bad day, there were some good shots, the guys I played with are new friends. It's all part of it, highs, lows, improvements, set backs, it is like we said a couple of weeks ago, whether we play bad or play good, the key word is play. It is afterall a game. I'm looking forward to the ATL gathering without fretting over how I'm playing, that doesn't matter just that we will be playing.

There are lots of changes I'm working on and they are looking good, this week I swapped the KBS shafts in my irons for heavier stiffer shafts and they feel good, I put a five wood with x stiff shaft that is great in the rough. So there are improvements happening, heck if the putts start falling again, I'll be scoring good.

Day 2 of the OH/KY/IN outing at Otter Creek Golf Clubs in Columbus IN.

Shot a 76 this morning and a 77 this afternoon. I am pretty darn exhausted! 72 holes in two days is sliiiiiightly beyond my capacity haha!

Dang good scores, way to go. And yup, 72 holes in a weekend can put some hurtin on a body.

My best round in 9 years today. 36/38 74. 2 bogeys, 2 birdies a double and 13 pars. 13/14 FIR 31 putts. My game has really come around over the last couple months. Heaven knows I have hit enough balls. Like most hackers, I am waiting for the bottom to drop out. :D

Good round, enjoy the ride!

I shot a 57/60 117 at Broad Run Golfer's Club. I had a 46 going in to the 9th hole then everything fell apart and I shot an 11. I did have my personal best longest drive of 273 on the 6th hole, probably rolled 50 yards downhill lol.

Played a 9 hole par 3 course this evening. Shot an even par 27. 1 bogey and 1 birdie. The rest I par'd. Not too bad. Just practicing my short irons.

74/133, 7,127 yds... 85.

I hit exactly 5 shots all day with clubs longer than 7-iron that weren't hooks.

I was baffled. I felt great through impact, solid contact, yet I'd peer up to find a screaming hook. I think my swing may be too flat. Can't be sure, totally lost. Should've had my son record it for me today, I will next time.

Putted very well, chipped even better but full swings? Uhg...

Just finished my Club Championship and came T2 after leading the first day.. Shot +2/72 and +9/79, A little disappointing as I could practically taste the win with a 3 shot lead over the winner, but I hit good shots all weekend, I just need to practice more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back