What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a course here in NC for the first time today. Quite a stroll down memory lane since the course was built on the land I spent my youth hunting and fishing on, pretty cool day sadly the golf was rather blah.

40/47 for an 87, and by far my worst round of the year. I played with SeeMoreGuy at a course North of Atlanta that neither of us had played before. Front 9 went pretty well, 40, even with a couple of 3 putts. Hit 5 greens, missed 2 fairways, and absolutely crushed a couple of drivers. Things obviously fell apart on the Back 9. First my short game went South, which lead to a string of bogeys, and then my full swing took a leave of absence for a couple holes leading to some doubles. I rallied briefly but was suprisingly exhausted coming down the stretch.

We had a good time, though. Weather was great, course was fun, and the company was good.

Well today was a great round but it could have been even greater if it wasn't for my first three holes. It was blue sky and sunshine and easily the warmest day of the year to the point where I was golfing in just my golf shirt. I got to the course late because of work for the noon shotgun and didn't have time to hit any warmup balls but just drive to the 7th hole which was to be our first of the day. Well I start my round by going bogey, double bogey, double bogey! Great, 5 over after 3 holes. Well I figured out what I was doing after that, pulled it together and played the rest of the round in 5 over par for a 81.
40-41= 81

The best part of today was putting the R9 driver back in the bag with the Project X shaft. I was crushing it compared to my other driver and it will not be leaving the bag any time soon.

Glad you got out today breeze.

Well done breezy. Rough start, but you obviously played some very solid golf after that!

Team Hackers tapping!

Nice rounds, guys!

Today, I shot two better than my round yesterday, a 97. Again, the troubles came mostly on the back 9. Warm out - almost 70* - but the wind was between 15-25 mph, gusting almost to 30, so I decided to hit the Fit more than the Classic today, and did pretty well with it. My troubles came on the green for the most part (I had a four putt. A. Four. Putt.) and my irons were on one moment and off the next. I do have to say that there is a silver lining in this: My tee game has slowly been getting better with BOTH drivers.

Finally, time to get back in here. We have been down here near Tampa this week for the Strawberry festival but we head home tomorrow. Yesterday morning I played a place with two courses, Walden Lakes in Plant city. Conditioning was pretty bad and I played bad, 84. Today, I played a much better course with good greens but their fairways were still needing some work, Bloomingdale Golfer's Club. We started on the back and I missed a 3 foot putt on 18 for a 38. The front was different, more open but much meaner greens, 42 for a total 80. It was a pretty good ball striking day, I hit two good four irons, one good three several good five and six irons while only missing one four left. Driver was a different story, I was all over the place.

Sounds like fun down there Lefty, glad you got a chance to get out and play.

38/37-75

9/14 Fairways hit
11/18 GIR (and 4 just missed to putt from the fringe)
31 Putts

I hadn't played for 12 days, between the weather and a pulled groin muscle that barely let me walk for a few days. But, yesterday I stopped by the course and putted for a while, and as I was about to leave the pro drove up in a cart and asked if I wanted to play Thursday. If I can, I said. So we met up today with a great foursome, the pro and I and my two friends who also regularly play w/ the pro (74 & 72 yrs old - who shot 78 & 80). It was a beautiful day and a great time, as I got 3 over after two holes, but never got worse and shot +3; the pro also shot 75. It's funny, but seems like every time I have played with the pro one of us really struggled, but today we both hit it well and if either of us could sink something it woulda been much better. Our pro had the Lee Trevino disk surgery last fall and is really swinging free now, for the first time in a few years - great to see, as he is very early 50's and now has years to enjoy the game.

Pulled groin, ouch. Glad you were able to get out there SS and I know you are very proud of the 75 all things considered. Glad you had fun buddy.

played the golden horseshoe gold course yesterday with my brothers
first time on the course so we played 36
way too much swing lube... wayyyy
i managed to only lose 2 balls... i brought over a dozen
that was one goal i accomplished keep losses to a minimum
2nd goal was to beat my brothers. killedem the first go round then took 2nd the other loop
3rd goal was to break 100... fail
4th was to get at least 1 biridie... aerated and sanded greens made it impossible and i stuck a few close close... fail
hope it doesnt take me too long to bounce back from the dreaded "playing vs my bros" curse

Played yesterday with a friend on a course we hadn't played before. Didn't bother to keep score, the winds were a steady 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph.

Went out to Stoneybrook West this morning and shot a 6, then got to the second Tee and my back completely gave out. Thankfully there were guys that were able to help load my bag back and me into my car. Not a very fun day for me but at least they did the right thing and gave me a refund. Very stand up guys at the course.

Well it wasnt tooday but it was wednesday I was able to ge tout and shot a pretty good round for playing at this course for the first time, and it was a country club course, surprisingly, I shot a 97, I had some pretty bad shots off the T as Im using a new drivr and also trying to use a 58* wedge for the first time, I used to us my PW for everything but I need to learn to use different clubs, not a bad round for me though, course was pretty tough too.

Opening day of the season. Check the pic, nice snow pile! There were a few snow piles remaining but not bad. The temp was 39 degrees when we started and a pretty breezy day as you'd expect from an early spring/late winter day. Just played a quick 9 and I shot a 40, 5 bogies and 1 birdie. It wasn't always pretty and hit a couple real ugly shots but I just missed holing out from the fairway on #9 for an eagle. Easy birdie there which was cool.

cd34377c.jpg

Nice jumpsuit!

actually...yes I am. Nice 40. Did you hit it near a tree? What driver is that I see?
I did not hit near the tree out there today actually. Missed that sucker fortunately.

That driver is the Tour Edge Exotics I just got yesterday that I'm starting a review on. Uploading a video now of that and I'll post it in that thread.

nice stuff Jake! Glad your season has gotten under way.

I did not hit near the tree out there today actually. Missed that sucker fortunately.

That driver is the Tour Edge Exotics I just got yesterday that I'm starting a review on. Uploading a video now of that and I'll post it in that thread.

Nice, I didnt recognize the head cover. man, I have great eyes!

Played bogey golf today. Struggled with the irons and putter a bit. Driver was working great.

Sounds like fun down there Lefty, glad you got a chance to get out and play.

Thanks Buddy, I was looking forward to seeing you down at the Atlanta get together--maybe later this summer.

Anyway, I played today in Georgia and all I got to say, I WISH I WAS BACK IN FLORIDA! It rained 1.5 inches last night, the cold wind was blowing 20 mph, plus the greens are at their worst with the aeration holes being prominent now. But still, it was walking 18 in fresh air. Lots of putts looked good until hitting aeration holes and veering off line. 83 (42, 41)

I finally got out today in 42 degree weather. I ended up shooting a 42, but could've of had a 40 if I didn't 3 putt twice. It felt awesome to get out and hit the ball. KCM

All week sending players out, I finally saw a chance and jumped on it. It was a very quick 9 hole round, but hit the ball very well over all. Shot 40 with three 3 putts, lol. My putting was really odd with several 1 putts and a chip-in keeping me at 17. Only 4 fw's and 5 greens in reg.

All work and no play is not good, glad you got out Duey....40 is respectable especially with the tri-feta putting
All week sending players out, I finally saw a chance and jumped on it. It was a very quick 9 hole round, but hit the ball very well over all. Shot 40 with three 3 putts, lol. My putting was really odd with several 1 putts and a chip-in keeping me at 17. Only 4 fw's and 5 greens in reg.

All work and no play is not good, glad you got out Duey....40 is respectable especially with the tri-feta putting

Thanks buddy, I was pretty happy with the 40 after not playing in so long and practically running around the course, lol. Strong breeze today, but the cross winds really didn't effect the shots much other than distance. My putting was the killer and that was "Mad Scientist Duey" at his best. I keep trying different things to "Find" the stroke, but really just need to get back to the putting green and do some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back