What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get out and play 9. Hit 46 which is about average. Weather was great couple of clouds and the temp around 21c.

My Putting was great, still having trouble with the long irons. At 1 point a group of young ladies called me through on a par 5 at the tee, so I had a gallery and with the knowledge that the previous drives had gone right I was sweating.. Luckily someone up stairs was looking down and I hit a 220 meter drive left of centre great flight. Walked away with my chin held high..

2nd shot screamed right tho :s..

All In all not a bad round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+12/+9
wind was ridiculous but i kept one ball in play and a broke a hundred(barely)

If you found a hat that fit you better, maybe you could see the ball ...:D

87 for me yesterday...really good round spoiled by 2 doubles and 2 triples...

43/39, 82 today. Greens were just in terrible shape, but still no excuses to have three 3-jacks.

Managed to find 11 FWs and hit 10 GIR, but struggled with the putter until the last 3 holes. Finally focused in on the RST of the SeeMore and started dropping the putts.

43/39, 82 today. Greens were just in terrible shape, but still no excuses to have three 3-jacks.

Managed to find 11 FWs and hit 10 GIR, but struggled with the putter until the last 3 holes. Finally focused in on the RST of the SeeMore and started dropping the putts.
Thats a good round though, 10 GIR is a very good number.

Nice round War, those are solid numbers of FW's & GIR's.

43 today with 2/9 GIR and 2/6 fairways. I need to work on upping those. 18 putts too, which also isn't very good.

Thats a good round though, 10 GIR is a very good number.
Its been my focus as of late, aiming for the center of the green rather than going pin hunting.

Nice round War, those are solid numbers of FW's & GIR's.
Thanks Cookie, amazing how much easier it is when I am using a driver that actually works for me.

75 this morning with 2 eagles, 0 birdies, 5 bogey's, 1 double and 10 pars I think.

46/42

I played like a range pro for the first 13 holes or so. Finally figured out what the hell I was doing wrong and finished strong on the last 5 holes. Easy to revert back to bad habits I guess.

46/42

I played like a range pro for the first 13 holes or so. Finally figured out what the hell I was doing wrong and finished strong on the last 5 holes. Easy to revert back to bad habits I guess.

One time! Nice round hawk. How did SuperHawk do out there? Never mind I'm sure he made that course his b*tch.

One time! Nice round hawk. How did SuperHawk do out there? Never mind I'm sure he made that course his b*tch.

Thanks buddy. I was struggling for awhile. It's just stupid how I step on the course and my body forgets everything it's been doing. SuperHawk got fed up and ditched me at the turn.

Thanks buddy. I was struggling for awhile. It's just stupid how I step on the course and my body forgets everything it's been doing. SuperHawk got fed up and ditched me at the turn.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I fall right back into old swing habits much easier then sticking with my new ones. It can be frustrating for sure.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I fall right back into old swing habits much easier then sticking with my new ones. It can be frustrating for sure.

It's cliche, but I was really coming out of my posture. As soon as I got that under control I got my distance back. Before that I was considering a move to graphite :)

It's cliche, but I was really coming out of my posture. As soon as I got that under control I got my distance back. Before that I was considering a move to graphite :)

Wow you were getting desperate it sounds LOL

Nice round, 2 eagles is impressive. Both on par 5's?

Thanks!

Yes sir they were both on par 5's. Both were about 10 foot putts, one broke about a cup and a half to the right and the other was close to 18" break to the left.

I was behind a big tree about 40 yards from the green. Got just barely over it and six inches away from the cup. Tapped for par.

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread. I shot a 99 today. Hard course...

75 this morning with 2 eagles, 0 birdies, 5 bogey's, 1 double and 10 pars I think.

Nice round. Two eagles, impressive.

Hey, how are greens down there? When do courses do their aeration? We have a golf trip to Valdosta the end of the month and hoping for smooth greens.

It was a real Jekyll and Hyde weekend for me. Our greens are atrocious right now, aeration, large holes, sand etc. Yesterday, I was terrible and shot 86. I left the ghost spider out and put the old heavy Odyssey in the bag which was near perfect, only one three putt but lots of putts got to the hole and veered out.

Four bogies, 12 pars, 2 birdies for 74 (35, 39)

52 44...couldnt get off teee and chip again...irons solid took 2 triples on back 9 when pin high in 2...yuck

After starting off with an 84 and 86 to start the year I had another tough round today with a 96. Started off okay, I had a chance to par or birdie the first five holes and missed every chance. Overall, I hit my i20 better than I did last round but I still need to get rid of the slice, which is not my normal miss. Iron play has been killing me, just topping things and hitting them straight right and some not even off the ground. My irons were very strong at the end of last season and the first two rounds of this season but all of the sudden its like I have never hit one before. I sort of have an idea of what is going on going to spend some time practicing this week.

Last edited:
After starting off with an 84 and 86 to start the year I had another tough round today. Started off okay, I had a chance to par or birdie the first five holes and missed every chance. Overall, I hit my i20 better than I did last round but I still need to get rid of the slice, which is not my normal miss. Iron play has been killing me, just topping things and hitting them straight right and some not even off the ground. My irons were very strong at the end of last season and the first two rounds of this season but all of the sudden its like I have never hit one before. I sort of have an idea of what is going on going to spend some time practicing this week.

if they charge you for the no show let me know... next weekend im free all weekend!1 i owe you!!

4 GIR
9 FIR
29 Putts
2 Penalty

I need to work on hitting greens.

First round of the year today. Not great with too many bogey's and only one birdie for a 87. Lots to learn for me with different irons, hybrids and wedges in the bag. Great to get out none the less and my home course is opening on Wednesday.

if they charge you for the no show let me know... next weekend im free all weekend!1 i owe you!!

Will do, it was slow...played with two guys who were pretty nice. Next time if you can't play, its not big deal, just give me a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back