What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and played today. It was a nice 65* with 10 mph wind. I decided to use my pushcart for the first time. I enjoyed walking for the most part. I got paired with 3 riders. So I was trying to keep up. I was a little rushed at first. But got the hang of it after about 3 holes. If I didn't have to play with rider's I would have enjoyed it more. I shot a bismal 92... Blah. I just don't understand how I can't get all of my game going at the same time. I only missed 3 fairways all day. My teeshots couldn't have been better. My iron play today was much better than last time. What got me today was putting! After all my work on putting then this happens. I had 2 3-putts on the front and 2 on the back. Plus 1-4 putt on the back!!!! I had a 44 on the back with all those putts. I was actually hitting it really well then. If I would have putted well today I would have had a really nice round for me. I only had 3 errant shots all day from what I can remember. I really don't know what happened to me on the green today. It's frustrating. Looks like I get to work on putting some more. I was doing a lot better too. Then today happened. BLAH!!!!

Will do, it was slow...played with two guys who were pretty nice. Next time if you can't play, its not big deal, just give me a heads up.

i wanted to.. i totally forgot i had work toniht!! we will def get out next weekend!! looks promising

First round since October today. Greens had been freshly aerated and sanded, so by second hole, we decided not to even keep score. The good thing was that we were the first off the tee and the last time we saw the group behind us was as we were coming off #11 and they were on 8th tee, so got lots of practice today trying out some shots. Working on getting a better shoulder turn, so some very interestingly bad shots, but enough good ones to keep working on it.

84 today. The new RBZ tour driver was a canon! RBZ fairway and hybrid didn't get much play today. Ball striking wasn't great and the greens were rough.

First round since October today. Greens had been freshly aerated and sanded, so by second hole, we decided not to even keep score. The good thing was that we were the first off the tee and the last time we saw the group behind us was as we were coming off #11 and they were on 8th tee, so got lots of practice today trying out some shots. Working on getting a better shoulder turn, so some very interestingly bad shots, but enough good ones to keep working on it.

That is a good day when you just get to go out and try different shots. Glad you finally were able to hit the links.

Nice round. Two eagles, impressive.

Hey, how are greens down there? When do courses do their aeration? We have a golf trip to Valdosta the end of the month and hoping for smooth greens.

The greens are great this year everywhere I've played the last couple of months down here. In Valdosta I can only assume the greens are great at VCC and better than average at Stone Creek. I know they are good at Kinderlou Forest because they are getting ready for the Nationwide Tour event they host the last week of April.

Most courses down here try to "Core" their greens early in May with the bigger holes, then they "punch" them with smaller holes late June or Early July and the "Core" them again mid-September.

On one of your trips down here you guys need to stay in Moultrie and play Sunset Country club one day, drive over to Kinderlou and play it (35 miles) before going the next day to Tifton to play the Country Club of the South (30-35 miles). Sunset Country Club is a hidden gem. Also 25 miles away in Thomasville you have Glen Arven Country Club, it is one of the longest continuously operated country club in the US http://glenarven.com/About-Us2.aspx

46/42

I played like a range pro for the first 13 holes or so. Finally figured out what the hell I was doing wrong and finished strong on the last 5 holes. Easy to revert back to bad habits I guess.

Decent score, teammate.

Thanks, Smalls. After looking at the video I'm not impressed with the way I was swinging. The practice swings were good though :| I need to loosen the hell up.
|

First round with new irons and hit one solid shot all day and it didn't even count. Misses were manageable though. Really sad 42/40.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

First round with new irons and hit one solid shot all day and it didn't even count. Misses were manageable though. Really sad 42/40.

Did you hit that shot OB? lol

Dude that's a great score considering you didnt hit any good shots.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you hit that shot OB? lol

Haha no. I was hitting every shot hesitantly because it was a really tight course. So after about the 30th weak ass push right I just threw a ball down and hit a perfect 7I to 5 feet. Still not trusting the new move

Really not a ton of positives from yesterdays round. Shot 88 with horrible iron play.

8/14 FWH
3/18 GIR
32 Putts (a few bad misses inside 5 feet)
0 Birdies
3 Doubles

The few positives - No 3 putts and I absolutely killed my new Mashie 2H and 3W+. Love these clubs - especially the 3W+ off the tee. Took it off of 5 tees, and hit 3 middle fairways, 1 was hit too far through a dog-leg into the first cut, and 1 was a very bad pull-hook. The 4 that I hit well were hit better than 240. Awesome club.

Went and played today. It was a nice 65* with 10 mph wind. I decided to use my pushcart for the first time. I enjoyed walking for the most part. I got paired with 3 riders. So I was trying to keep up. I was a little rushed at first. But got the hang of it after about 3 holes. If I didn't have to play with rider's I would have enjoyed it more. I shot a bismal 92... Blah. I just don't understand how I can't get all of my game going at the same time. I only missed 3 fairways all day. My teeshots couldn't have been better. My iron play today was much better than last time. What got me today was putting! After all my work on putting then this happens. I had 2 3-putts on the front and 2 on the back. Plus 1-4 putt on the back!!!! I had a 44 on the back with all those putts. I was actually hitting it really well then. If I would have putted well today I would have had a really nice round for me. I only had 3 errant shots all day from what I can remember. I really don't know what happened to me on the green today. It's frustrating. Looks like I get to work on putting some more. I was doing a lot better too. Then today happened. BLAH!!!!

hang in their dude, plenty of time to improve....ive been putting terrible thus far, and thats usually my strong suit

The greens are great this year everywhere I've played the last couple of months down here. In Valdosta I can only assume the greens are great at VCC and better than average at Stone Creek. I know they are good at Kinderlou Forest because they are getting ready for the Nationwide Tour event they host the last week of April.

Most courses down here try to "Core" their greens early in May with the bigger holes, then they "punch" them with smaller holes late June or Early July and the "Core" them again mid-September.

On one of your trips down here you guys need to stay in Moultrie and play Sunset Country club one day, drive over to Kinderlou and play it (35 miles) before going the next day to Tifton to play the Country Club of the South (30-35 miles). Sunset Country Club is a hidden gem. Also 25 miles away in Thomasville you have Glen Arven Country Club, it is one of the longest continuously operated country club in the US http://glenarven.com/About-Us2.aspx

Thanks, I like your suggestion and will probably do it myself at some point, this trip is already set, Kinderlou and VCC. Since everyone up here has just done the core aeration, I was wondering when the S Ga clubs do theirs. It is different grass, burmuda vs bent, so makes sense that they do it in warm weather there.

Managed to get out for 9 holes this afternoon and shot a 44. Consistency was lacking..especially around the greens. Struggled early with the driver. I did hit my irons well. It was just nice to get back out! That was my first time out since my golf trip this past January. Planning on playing again Wednesday, Friday (weather pending), and Sunday this week. We're just blessed with out of this world weather for at least the next ten days.

Played a course I haven't played in years today. It was a tough S.O.B as well. Long, narrow, and frapping windy. I went out in 39 and came home in 38 for a 77. Fastest, hardest greens I've putt on so far this year. I couldn't make anything. I hit 12 GIR's and couldn't convert to save my life. Managed only 1 birdie, and thank god it went in or that putt could still be rolling. I feel mentally exhausted after today's round.

Nice round TC. My belly putter cried a little bit when it heard you struggled on the greens. It wants a brother for you to use.

I just finished my 9 and shot +7. Three pars and a double. I hate double bogeys.

Nice round TC. My belly putter cried a little bit when it heard you struggled on the greens. It wants a brother for you to use.

I just finished my 9 and shot +7. Three pars and a double. I hate double bogeys.

I don't reckon I'll ever own or use a belly. I've rolled them in the store and suck with them. I had a double today too dude. It pissed me right off.

I don't reckon I'll ever own or use a belly. I've rolled them in the store and suck with them. I had a double today too dude. It pissed me right off.

If I eliminate the doubles out of my rounds I'll be shooting right around 40 on my school course (Par 35), which is better than anyone on the team's average from last year.

Snuck out this afternoon for 9 holes. First round since that cold windy day back in Feb 3 weeks ago. Weather was high 60's and was like the official opening day for the season. Used the Zstar driver borrowed from Howzat and hit it well. Of the 7 times used I hit 5 fairways, the one miss wasn't bad and the other was a dead pull that didn't kill me. Ended up with 2 birdies on the day but 1 triple as well. Skulled an iron that hit a tree an went further in to the trees. Overall a good day +4(40).

Nice job Dean! 40 is mighty impressive with a triple.

Team Hackers tapping!

39/38 for a 77. On Saturday I was disgruntled with an 80 when I had no short game at all and took 36 putts. Today I am ecstatic with a 77 based on the way I was beating the ball around the course. I was hitting toe shots all day that would start right, bend left back towards my target, and then roll long distances. I managed to keep the ball in the fairway and stitch together 10 GIRs with that ugly shot. A couple birdie putts and sand saves helped keep my score as low as possible.

85 inconsistent irons today. Driving was ok and my putting was really good today. I'm officially In between my old and new swing my instructor told me so well see how it affects my game moving forward. Prob will be playing every day this week maybe taking a day off for full range and short game practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back