What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Bull Run Golf Club in Haymarket, VA today.

This was probably my best round of golf in a very long time. Shot a 109 which was better than the 114 and 121 the previous weeks ago at other courses.

The Good Things:
- Hit 4 pars today.
- Lost only 3 balls. Two on a wacky drives, and the other over water that I thought I could carry.
- Drives for the most part were pretty good. Still around the 200-230 range. Didn't expect them to go up as I haven't really worked on that.
- Hybrids made some improvement. Figured out to have a weaker grip, move the ball a bit forward, make sure my head was behind the ball, and swing with a 3/4 swing.
Didn't work all the time but 95% of the time, and the others I think I didn't have those above setup points working right.

Things that needed Improvement:
- Putting... Putting... and more Putting. Just couldn't get a feel of how far and how hard to hit it. Reading the green was a bit more difficult.
- Irons came back vs the last time I was out this week, but didn't come back as nicely as I would have hoped.
- Chipping/Pitching... Lots of work. Lost many strokes to the fact that I needed to go 75, and would hit it 10 or something along those lines. I was either picking up large divots or topping the ball. Couldn't really dial in a working solution.

But with some help in chipping/pitching, and a bit more in putting, I would have definitely been in contention for under 100. Hopefully the weather can stay nice in Virginia this year, or the wife is going to be upset when she sees the GSA Simulator show up at the door.
absolutely love bull run... eagled 18 my first time playing there lol

absolutely love bull run... eagled 18 my first time playing there lol

I actually like it a lot. Nice wide fairways, and I really haven't seen a bad hole at all there. Though, 18 was my worse hole today. I lost one thinking I could carry the water and just missed it by maybe 3 ft. Then I couldn't get things to cooperate with my wedges as the group I was with was trying to practically pack up and leave as I was trying to finish my game.

Good to see that someone else likes that place as well.

I shot over 300 balls doing a test for my own peace of mind, it's listed in the what ball did you play thread and I'm freakin exhausted.

Shot an 83 at Russ' course Redwing in VA Beach. Started with a triple bogie and finished with a 3 putt, but in between hit a lot of greens and made a few putts.

Surrey Golf Club - Main Course
HOLE123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
70.4/122
White
Handicap42181014168612 1791715311135
Par443543445364453443453672
Score553553466424664454454284
+/-
Net Score443443355353554343343469
Club off TeeDrDr8iDr6i7iDr5wDr DrDrDr8i5wDr6iDrDr
Fairway
check2.png
arrow_right_red.png
check2.png
check2.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_right_red.png
42.9%
arrow_left_red.png
arrow_left_red.png
check2.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_left_red.png
check2.png
28.6%35.7%
Sand Shots000000000000000001011
Putts2212222211.82222211111.61.7
GIR
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
check2.png
x_red.png
check2.png
check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
33.3%
check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
22.2%27.8%

All in all one of my best rounds of the year, and I'm thrilled after I shot 100 my last time out. Could have been a little better, but could have been way worse.

85 today with some awesome thpers

I shot my MC promo video this morning.....took 20 takes but I finally got it!

Shot a PB with P4B!! Coincidence? I think not!!! Shot an 85(previous best was 89) even from playing back from tees I was used to. Also shot is while gamin the amp.

BTW Jake pumped out a boring 74.

Shot a PB with P4B!! Coincidence? I think not!!! Shot an 85(previous best was 89) even from playing back from tees I was used to. Also shot is while gamin the amp.

Way to go with the pb

Nice work Jj!

Posted via tapatalk.

Thanks fellas!

Amp power!!!!! Nice!!! Congrats!

STUD! Jake threw down, but a PB is tough to beat!

Congrats on the great round. I shot an ugly 86 at a course I'd never played before. 39 on front and 47 on back. On the back nine I had a terrible stretch of green side bunkers that I'd get out and within ten feet and I missed every single putt. It seemed like every one lipped or horse shoed.

Jake just did what he did. Thanks guys, it was solid all around. AMP!!

Nice round Lambro, bunkers can murder confidence.

Congrats on the great round. I shot an ugly 86 at a course I'd never played before. 39 on front and 47 on back. On the back nine I had a terrible stretch of green side bunkers that I'd get out and within ten feet and I missed every single putt. It seemed like every one lipped or horse shoed.

Horseshoes are the worst. Ugh...

Not sure if it's some sort of record for a screwy round of golf but I hit 14 greens, had 2 birdies, and still shot a friggin 80. Now the greens had just been aerated so I've got that in my defense, but there is no excuse for my inability to chip or pitch. It's a litany of skulls, chili-dips and a total lack of feel that pretty much guarantees a bogey or worse.

Last edited:
I finally got back to the course after several weeks away, (longest without swinging a club in a year), so it's hard to be too disappointed with the outcome. The driver was absolutely ugly, I sliced almost every single tee shot, and even my favorite club in the bag (3w) was stupid bad all day, but I was chipping and putting extremely well. 16 putts on the front/ 15 on the back 31. I shot 39 front and 44 on the back.

GS10-20-12_zpsc6814561.png

Me and a friend shot a 85 in a four ball.

42/42 on my home course today. One of those days where everything is working OK but could be better. I was getting off the tee pretty well and while I only hit 5 fairways, what I was hitting was playable. Couldn't hold a line on my 2nd shots...pushing everything right or leaving it just slightly short....I just couldnt close the deal on the GIRs..only had 6 for the day. The good; no penalty strokes, 31 putts total. 6 up and downs. 4 of these were bogeys, 1 par and 1 birdie.....only one 3-putt all day and that one was due to rushing..missed a 1 foot tap-in not paying attention.

It was cool this morning but turned into an incredibly beautiful fall day and hardly anyone on the course...I dont know why there were so few players but it all added up to a perfect day for golf.

Played 83 today at Celebration golf, Orlando. Very nice course!

2 over par for 9 holes today. I'm pleased with that as it was windy (2 club wind) and 44 degrees, so my hands were numb for much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back