What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setho was absolutely crushing the ball on front with his driver. His irons were solid and his putting (front side) was spot on. These greens are very difficult to say the least, especially when the pin is set below a tier.

Bill was draining some tough putts with his MX #7 too. The old guy is lethal out there.

I saw this on the Georgia Outing thread when Bill posted last night. Great front nine there buddy, you have to remember that you had to travel a pretty good way to play there, long rides are not condusive to playing ones best golf. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Randy. I had a few beers on the back just to relax and I just quit caring. It was about fun and I surely had it.

39/36 for a 75. I am always cautious about claiming my swing is "back", but it really felt good yesterday!

Course was set up tough for the Sr. Club Championship held that morning. As a result, I really didn't hit the ball close to many pins, and I wound up with 33 total putts. Finally put the ball within 4 feet on the back 9 and wound up with a couple of birdies. On the par 3 17th, I stroked my 5 iron to within 2 feet of the pin, for what might have been my last ever shot with my Mizuno irons (new Cleveland 588s should arrive on Wednesday).

Didn't get a chance to get in here from the weekend but a high low weekend. Shot 90 on Saturday and turned that into a 79 on Sunday. Man what a turn around. No birdies Saturday and 4 birdies on Sunday including 3 straight from 17-1 ( played the back first). Putter turned around dramatically from Saturday to Sunday. Great playing with all the THPers!

Didn't get a chance to get in here from the weekend but a high low weekend. Shot 90 on Saturday and turned that into a 79 on Sunday. Man what a turn around. No birdies Saturday and 4 birdies on Sunday including 3 straight from 17-1 ( played the back first). Putter turned around dramatically from Saturday to Sunday. Great playing with all the THPers!

congrats on the 79, a birdie on 18 is impressive!

I played 18 yesterday at North Fulton Golf Course (Atlanta). I had a terrible scoring round (85, 43/42), but it was just good to get out and play. I had been fighting a cold for the last week, and I was thrilled just to get out and walk 18. That feeling you get after being sick when you realize that you're healthy again is a great one.

I actually struck the ball well, just did not get a bounce the entire day. Lots of missed putts (four three-putts, several misses within five feet), and several chips/pitches that I misjudged. Lots of shots where I was happy with the execution but just did not like the result.

Played in a 2 player better ball tournament with my friend over the weekend, first time I've done anything like that, had a ton of fun but we both play about the worst we could have. We shot a 93 first day 91 second day to come in next to last! Weather was great both days and the course was beautiful, wish I could have played like I was during the middle of this season but it was a lot of fun and got to meet some new people.

Played Lake Jonesco today from the senior tees (I have a tournament there next week and will be hitting from those tees) 39/37=76 It was a beautiful day, 77* when I finished. Hit 64.3% FWs and 55.6% GIR, used 31 putts 10 pars, 4 bogeys, 1 double and 2 birdies.

Last edited:
CRAZY DAY. After 3 holes, I was +4 with 2 doubles. I then proceed to play the last 6 holes in -2 with 4 birdies!!! Finished at 37. Very pleased. Especially after the start I had.

Way to bring it back man. That's not an easy thing to do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Captain Callaway!! That was the most fun 6 holes I have played since the Morgan Cup.

+10/+6 88
lost 4 balls
hit a bunch of sand traps
every single shot hooked left
i have no idea how i broke 90 today cuz it was ugly

42 on our back nine

Didn't hit the driver very well, but scrambled and hit my irons nicely. Not a bad day by my standards.

Shot a one over 37 with 13 putts, 4 pars, 2 birds and 3 finishing bogies.

Nice scores Hawk and Freddie. Love to see that

Shot a one over 37 with 13 putts, 4 pars, 2 birds and 3 finishing bogies.

Bring that game with you tomorrow. I'll bring the humor, and maybe a drive or two.

Shot an 88 yesterday. Best score on that difficult course so far. Which I am pleased with. Made 7 pars, 5 bogeys, and yes I am ashamed 6 double bogeys.
Short game was very good, especially from the bunker. However I did make some weird avoidable mistakes. For example on hole 1 (par 4) I had a perfect drive that left me with 35 yards to the pin, ended up making a bogey there.

But overall a great day, beautiful weather and great playing partner. Got to love the game of golf :)

Shot 81 this morning. 11/14 FWs, 6/18 GIR, 30 putts. I bogeyed the last 2 and one of those was a 3 putt. Had I parred them I would've broken 80. Oh well.

Forgot to post about my wonderful Ohio score. I shot a wonderful 89 (43/46)I think I hit maybe 3 FIR, just need to get the woods back under control off the tee.

Shot 81 this morning. 11/14 FWs, 6/18 GIR, 30 putts. I bogeyed the last 2 and one of those was a 3 putt. Had I parred them I would've broken 80. Oh well.

With the B. Asha in the bag?

Nice shootin Dam.

It's amazing how much solid driving can do for a game Bradd. Gotta take the good with the bad.

My last round statistics

My last round statistics

Today was a challenging day. We tee'd off at 8am in mist with the ground wet under foot. The greens were sooo slow it was hard to judge putts (not making excuses mind you as I was bad today! ;)

I shot a 97 (par 72) at what is regarded as one of the hardest courses in the whole region - could have been so much better. I had some shocking blow up holes and my course management should have been better. In parts it was pretty good though.

Stats as follows:

FIR 9/14 (using driver - 1/3, 3 wood - 6/9 and 4 iron 2/2). The remaining 5 tee shots were all just off the fairway in the light rough. The best part of my day by far.

GIR 6/18 - not great!

Up and downs made - 2/5

Putts 40 - a really bad day including 4 x 3 putts and 1 x 4 putt. This was not helped by changing grips whilst on the putting green - total madness! Cross-hand suddenly didn't feel right after badly misjudging a couple of putts so swapped back to conventional on the same hole. Kept this nonsense up for 6 holes!! It goes without saying I don't recommend this strategy!

4 penalty strokes all due to hitting water hazards including 2 on the same hole.

Things to work on next time include more consistent 2nd and 3rd shots (par 4/5 depending), course management and putting putting and putting!! However, my game is heading in the right direction and my general shot set up, routine and ball striking is much improved.

Does anyone else keep stats of their rounds to monitor progress and if so what parameters do you use?

With the B. Asha in the bag?

Heck yeah dude, it was a beast for me today. So consistent. I'll have more on that later in the thread.

42-44 for 86. Actually started even-par through 5 holes and then my game went south. I totally suck off of the tee right now, I'm getting frustrated shooting in the mid-80s.

47/46=93 at Hyland Hills Gold Course. 75 degrees out under sunny skies!! Drove better than I have been but had 38 putts on very slow and bumpy greens:angry:. I can't stand not putting well.

Tomorrow is a THP foursome at Green Valley Ranch.:clapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back