What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 today, hell of a good front, lost it a little off the tee on the back. Couple NOICE sand outs though.

Well, following my PB last week of 31, I came out strong today but fell off track just a little bit and started to miss greens on the short side (trying to be too cute). Ended up shooting 38 with a pretty nice birdie on 9.

Definitely not too pleased after the PB last week, but hey thats golf, right?!

Kinda did something different today, left GPS watch at home and just tried to practice while on the course. Didnt really keep score except for a few holes and starting with 3 bogeys led me to no longer keep my dreadful score. I tried to hit some different shots while I was out there some of them were good some pretty ugly, oh well.

I did finish with a sweet bogey so that's good. All in all kinda sucked out there 2 and a half hours to play 9 holes when I can play in half that time leaves me a little salty.... trying again tomorrow for realz......

A lovely mediocre 45.
Got stupid on a downhill shot I was trying to clear water on and it resulted in a lovely triple.
Hit irons pretty pure just still pushing right.

I did play the par 3s at even a shame everything else was toxic

Oh and pretty sure I only used 7 of 14 clubs in my bag lol

37/37 for 74 today. Played lights out and still lost my league match. I was giving 6 strokes to the guy and he shot an 80. He won 6 holes, I won 4 holes and we tied on 8 holes. I'm very happy with my play, slightly disappointed about the loss, but my opponent was having a near PB so what can you do.

8/14 FIR, 13 GIR, 15 GIRP. 30 putts (no 3-putts).
4 birdies, 9 pars, 4 bogies, 1 double bogey.

Great round Barry. Love seeing those consistent great rounds from you.

80 today, hell of a good front, lost it a little off the tee on the back. Couple NOICE sand outs though.

80 isn't bad James. I would kill for an 80 right now. Still hovering around 88/89.

Oh and pretty sure I only used 7 of 14 clubs in my bag lol

Just saving the other 7 for your next round.

80 (40/40). Great weather, good scrambling, great foursome, and a couple of good cigars. Doesn't get much better than that.

Shot another 82 today (40 front, 42 back) but on a par 70 today. 6/14 FIR, 8/18 GIR, 34 putts. I'd give my long game a B today and my short game a D today, just had too many putts overall and my chipping/pitching was awful too. I also had a couple of loose drives that cost me a shot or two. Still, for me to be a little upset about shooting an 82 tells me how my game has improved, a couple of years ago I would have been pretty happy with this score.

42 tonight in league. Pushed most every shot so I'll take it and be happy. For now

My round can best be described with a math equation. 1 blowup hole + 3 penalties + 3 missed putts inside 3 feet = 47. Best part of my round was the 20 minutes I spent camped out on an empty hole hitting about 50 balls from 70 yards and in.

I put my GW back in the bag to use for longer distance chips. Chunked all 3 I tried so it's gone back to the basement. That's hat I get for trying to be cute instead of sticking with what works (my Smart Soles).

A pair of 36's for 72 (+10) on my home course. Nothing exciting, nothing really bad either. More than anything, I just wanted to enjoy yesterday.

~Rock

42/44 for an 86 in my final round for the handicap. Drove pretty well and sensibly for a change and used the new 3w a fair bit off the tee to good effect, with a couple of bombs at 260! Hit 7 fairways and only missed 2 badly. Irons were generally better although I'm hooking the 9i a lot recently. Putting wasn't quite there or it could have been better but generally happy. Had a great par on the SI1 15th too so pretty promising

A gross 87 at my home course. 43-44. Not happy with my golf right now.

A gross 87 at my home course. 43-44. Not happy with my golf right now.

You'll do better time. Heck I shot 81 then followed it a 93...I blame the lack of shaded areas in the rough for the 93, it was hot in the sun.

37/35 for a 72. Had a pretty dang solid ball striking day other than one of the worst drives I have ever hit in my life that went about 100 yards off the tee :)...15/18 Greens and 12/14 fairways. Greens had been punched and sanded a few weeks ago so missed a few putts I have been making of late and had 34 putts. Was pretty pleased with my speed control all day. Always a blast to play with fellow THPers and today was no exception.

37/35 for a 72. Had a pretty dang solid ball striking day other than one of the worst drives I have ever hit in my life that went about 100 yards off the tee :)...15/18 Greens and 12/14 fairways. Greens had been punched and sanded a few weeks ago so missed a few putts I have been making of late and had 34 putts. Was pretty pleased with my speed control all day. Always a blast to play with fellow THPers and today was no exception.

You played awesome dude and if the putts had dropped, you could have easily been in the 60's! Great job buddy :clapp:

40/38 for a 78 today.

Drove it well today. The irons are getting better and I still can't putt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42-42/84 at a course I don't play very often (Indian Tree) 6631 yds 71.3/127.

7 pars
8 bogies
3 doubles
5 FW's
5 GIR
32 putts
0 Penalties
0 sand shots

The story of the day was how good I felt. I've been fighting a bad lower back for about 3 months now and finally broke down and went to a chiropractor last week. I had an appointment yesterday for a hour message that broke up all kinds of knots in my back and then the Dr. did his chiro voodoo to correct my crooked hips. I played today with no pain at all when I swung. I was bad again off the tee but was able to recover to prevent big numbers as my iron play and wedges around the green were solid.

I was starting to worry that this back issue was going to ruin golf for me as I have stunk since getting back from OC. I plan on continued treatment and working on my strength and flexibility so I can continue to feel better.

43 and 41 same little course twice. Started horribly the first 9 then turned it around managed a birdie and sort of righted the ship. then comes the second 9 start par, par, par then proceed to forget how to play golf snap hook leads to double, then miss a green and 2 to get out of a easy bunker SWEET! double, got lazy with driver and take a penalty leads to........ DOUBLE The finish par, par, par..... this game I swear. Haha oh well

42/41-83. Played my home course for the first time in a week. I don't understand how once again my driver has completely disappeared. I was hitting it so well then out of no where, on Tuesday it was terrible and I haven't been able to find my groove since. Rest of my game was pretty solid though. Was hitting my irons as well as I have in a couple weeks and the short game was pretty good as well.

Well, I don't know what was up today, other than it was hotter than the devil's arse at high noon. After about 8 holes I didn't really care to be out there. Shot a "bad" 92. I put that in quotes because something weird was going on out there.

In all the practice time I've put in, I've apparently stumbled upon the 'swing easier' concept of ball striking because my yardages were WAY jacked up tonight. The short irons were about a club long, but the 6-8 were going way out there...two clubs, probably.
I totally flew a 163 yard par 3 with an 8 iron. FLEW it. WAY by. Not downhill, either. So, intrigued, I hit another. Same thing.
I measured them at 174 and 176. WTH!?!?! Not long ago I had to kill a 6 to go that far.
PW going about 135. AW to 120.
Shooting a decent round is tough when you suddenly don't know your yardages.
Not a bad problem to have, but I need to figure this crap out in the next 20-something days!

A nice problem to have, Sean! You will get those distances dialed in before you know it. I want to see you tear it up when you do.

Be the ball!!

I shot a 12. Okay it was only 3 holes and then I turned around because the course was just too wet and my ribs hurt.

42 w/ 16 putts. Took a triple on a par 4. That triple included a 3 putt. After a FIR.

Golf is hard.

Well, I don't know what was up today, other than it was hotter than the devil's arse at high noon. After about 8 holes I didn't really care to be out there. Shot a "bad" 92. I put that in quotes because something weird was going on out there.

In all the practice time I've put in, I've apparently stumbled upon the 'swing easier' concept of ball striking because my yardages were WAY jacked up tonight. The short irons were about a club long, but the 6-8 were going way out there...two clubs, probably.
I totally flew a 163 yard par 3 with an 8 iron. FLEW it. WAY by. Not downhill, either. So, intrigued, I hit another. Same thing.
I measured them at 174 and 176. WTH!?!?! Not long ago I had to kill a 6 to go that far.
PW going about 135. AW to 120.
Shooting a decent round is tough when you suddenly don't know your yardages.
Not a bad problem to have, but I need to figure this crap out in the next 20-something days!
With my old X-14s I would hit my 8 iron further than my 6i or 7i. What it came down to was that I was practicing the most with it and it was the club that the instructor had me hit when I was working on my swing. I just got so subconsciously good at hitting it, the 8i became my go to club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back