What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out yesterday and played in a scramble tourament. We did not do very well compared to the other groups, shot a +5 for the round. (Winning score was much better, -12 ). I was very proud of myself and the way I played. I actually had three drives that were 275+. I normally drive the ball 215-230 so I was quite happy with this added distance. Now if only I can remember what the heck I did. LOL My second shots were good, my chipping and pitching sill were not all that great and my putting was marginal. Part of the problem was the group in front of us. They seemed to take forever. Slow us down and I could not get into a rhythm. Alsways seemed to be standing around waiting to take a shot. All in all it was a nice day playing golf with friends so I am not going to complain too much.

I am so glad you had a good time and congrats on that 275+ drive that's great!! It sucks when you have to wait forever but like you said when you are in good company it isn't too bad.

nice rounds Belbin!

I played 2 rounds on the weekend...
1) 90 - with 11 penalty shots (may have had something to do with the 10+ drinks) and 37 putts,
2) 86 - with 39 putts.

I really really need to learn how to putt. Maybe I need a SeeMore to PuttLess?

Thanks GG I can feel the game comming together for me. Though I still say my game is running like an 8 cylinder engne with only 5 or 6 working, I feel I am gonna get the "tune up" pretty soon. :smile-big:

Thanks GG I can feel the game comming together for me. Though I still say my game is running like an 8 cylinder engne with only 5 or 6 working, I feel I am gonna get the "tune up" pretty soon. :smile-big:

that's the right attitude big fella!

nice rounds Belbin!
lol Thanks thanks... I didn't feel like I played all that well though. My handicap is in the single digits and rising. Hopefully I will have it all worked out by September 18th! It was crazy hot yesterday...90 F

If I could get the putting down to a respectable level I'd be a lot happier. Heck I'd be happy with anything under 34...:)

I played 18 today and had some major struggles at the beginning. This was the first time I had ever played as a single (and just a single I was not paired with anyone) and it was really weird at first. I found that I was rushing myself a lot and second guessing everything I was doing because I didn't have anyone to help me with course management. I was also struggling which club to take because I wasn't sure what I was aiming for. My chipping was a mess and if there was a bunker my ball found it. In fact I am still eating sand from earlier today because I was totally covered in sand many times over. My chipping was bad too but I was putting alright and driving pretty well. So overall the front 9 was a complete disaster and I shot a 60...OUCH!

At the turn I bought some more balls because I had already lost a dozen. I almost quit and then figured "what the hell" I will just make this a practice experience so I continued on to #10. I lost my tee shot and thought "here we go again" but then someone managed to walk away with a bogey. A big problem I was having all day was finding my golf ball. I never realized how much I relied on others to help me find my golf ball. I think I lost strokes because I couldn't find the ball and just took a drop and lost the strokes.

Well, after making a bogey on #10 I guess my confidence got better because I finished out that back 9 with a 49! My best 9 ever! So in the end I shot a 109. It was definitely an interesting experience and I think next time I will be more calm and feel less rushed and enjoy my time alone out there. I look forward to doing it again very soon. I am thinking next week after I get back from Texas.

Way to go GG! That makes two rounds in a row better than your previous best? I'm enjoying hearing your progress. Next time you golf with JB you'll break 100.

Way to go GG! That makes two rounds in a row better than your previous best? I'm enjoying hearing your progress. Next time you golf with JB you'll break 100.

Thanks Smallville! It's been fun sharing my progress. I think it actually helps motivate me. I am not kidding if I break a 100 this year I will do a cartwheel on the 18th green.

Wow! 49! That's fantastic.

Kevin

Wow! 49! That's fantastic.

Kevin

Thank you! I couldn't believe it either. I knew I was doing better on the back 9 but I didn't realize it was that much better. This is the 3rd time out in a row that I have had a par. For the longest time I would go a full 18 without even 1 par. I seem to own par 3s. It's the par 4s that eat me alive every time.

Thanks Smallville! It's been fun sharing my progress. I think it actually helps motivate me. I am not kidding if I break a 100 this year I will do a cartwheel on the 18th green.

I remember when I could do cartwheels. If I tried it now I might hurt myself!

I remember when I could do cartwheels. If I tried it now I might hurt myself!

haha I think I might do the same, but if I broke 100 it would be worth it! I am honestly still eating sand from those bunkers. Sometimes I just bunker hopped from the FW Bunker to the greenside bunker, it was nasty.

great to hear GG! keep it up and you'll be breaking a 100 for you know it!

Ouch. I had 4,3 putts today. Hit 2 par 5's in two and 3 putted twice for par :banghead: . 6 over with 4,3 putts doesn't do any good to one's confidence.

Plus I was all over the place,waited till the 18 to hit my best drive of the day. :beat-up:

haha I think I might do the same, but if I broke 100 it would be worth it! I am honestly still eating sand from those bunkers. Sometimes I just bunker hopped from the FW Bunker to the greenside bunker, it was nasty.

sounds like you had fun your first time out by yourself...
it only gets easier from here...
at least you got that out of your way so you know what to expect the next time out...
i still get nervous when i get the course to myself... lolz

sounds like you had fun your first time out by yourself...
it only gets easier from here...
at least you got that out of your way so you know what to expect the next time out...
i still get nervous when i get the course to myself... lolz

It's weird I didn't think I would be nervous but I was. And I kept feeling rushed even though there was no one in front of me or behind me but I still was rushing myself. It was nice to relax on the back 9. I look forward to doing this again next week.

It's weird I didn't think I would be nervous but I was. And I kept feeling rushed even though there was no one in front of me or behind me but I still was rushing myself. It was nice to relax on the back 9. I look forward to doing this again next week.

as long as you have fun... thats whats important...
i kinda like feeling nervous... its exciting

Re: What did you shoot today?

You know gg I usually play terrible by myself lol. That sounds funny. I think I rush my shots and don't keep a routine. I actually prefer to be paired with someone so can stay in a rythm. I played alone today and played through two foursomes. That always makes me nervous because they all stand there and stare. Luckily I nailed both my drives today when I played through. I played my usual 94 today so I guess it didn't matter I was playing alone.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

way to go GG on your back 9 today. you should be super proud that you hung in there and didn't give up.

big lefty, solid round for too, although i'm sure you would disagree with me. at least you were on two par 5's in two, that's cool.

I had a birdie putt today. I ended up with a bogey. That is all.

I had a birdie putt today. I ended up with a bogey. That is all.

Welcome to my life, smalls. I three putt on GIRs about 20% of the time. I believe it is more of a testament to me not hitting my irons into the scoring section of the green rather than a testament of my putting skills.

This is my biggest struggle when playing as a single, especially on the greens. I have to work really hard to make myself slow down and set up/aim my putts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back