What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3000 posts now..... played bad yesterday.... cant putt at all..... and was hooking the ball for some weird reason...

Re: What did you shoot today?

I knocked the ball around at my old home course today and ended up with a 91. They extended it from 9 to 18 holes since I last played it. The new 9 was a good challenge with a lot of water, but it still needs a lot of care to make the fairways and greens nice. The putting and irons were working better than ever. Driving/OB were the downfalls of the day. Somehow a hook has worked its way in the past few rounds.

Played with JB today at Sarasota National, shot a 43 and 47 for a 90. Putted lights out with the new Taylor Made Ghost putter and hit some really nice drives with the SuperTri. One sand trap caught me for an 8 or I would have broke 90 for the first time this year.

Shot my best score ever yesterday, and thought I might finally break 80. Close, but no cigar. Did eagle a par 4 though, so that was cool.

scan0001iy.jpg

Shot 42/42 for an 84.

My drives were the best they've ever been, irons the best ever, wedges best they've ever been... just the putts weren't falling, even though I only had 31 putts.

Come to think of it, I don't know how I didn't get about a 79.

Today was better, but not bu much, lol. Shot a 98 today. This is a super tough course we have been playing and add the wind again today, its a bear. Six of us played today, 3 of the others are 8 to 10 handicap players and we collectively had two birdies in 15 holes, lol. Wind was a little better today at 20 mph with gust to 30.

Bad day at the course for me today, 40/44 for an 84. My putting was so off and I could hardly do anything. I had 36 putts.

Went to my normal course, where I play whites (6233 70.1/127) and I got paired with a group playing blues. I have never played the blues on the course (6780 72.5/132) but I tee'd it up with them anyways. At the opening shot it was 90* with a constant 20 mph wind. We went off the back first and shot the best 9 holes of my life to shoot a 44. I tripled #1 (10) and then only pars and bogeys the rest of the way.

At the turn my playing partners left me but I kept playing the blues. I know I don't play as well when I am a single vs in a group- and I was exhausted after walking the first 9... but the back got away from me. Ended on a triple (off of a lost ball and playing a provisional) to card a 50 for a total of 94. My previous best on the course was a 93 from the whites and so while I didn't beat that score I am taking it as a moral victory. In total my second 9 had 2 triples and 2 doubles. Yuk.

I haven't broken 90 in two years but this most recent round dipped my handicap to the <18 grouping... so theoretically I CAN shoot a 90! I was just one blow-up hole away from shooting my personal best and not very far off a sub-90 round. I think I just got too tired and started loosing drives and making stupid/rushed decisions on the back nine. Next time I gotta get a 4some that is playing all 18!

Wow, my last two rounds couldn't be much different.

Yesterday was in a men's club event with a team event blind draw and just sucked total a**. The guys I was playing with were nice but I was never comfortable. The first hole I hit it under a tree, tried a miracle escape, hit it OB and had a quad! The round never got any better and I shot 15 over. Ugh, worst round in months. The weird part was, other than that first hole, I didn't hit the ball badly. I had a four putt from 12 feet (my partner had made a 30ft birdie so my putt was meaningless), missed a 2ft birdie putt and just made a ton of sloppy bogies.

Today, I didn't even want to play but my wife was going shopping with a girlfriend and my son was hanging with my parents so I went to the same course for a Sunday skins game. Hole 1 I hit is under a tree, tried to punch out and dribbled it up the fairway. I though "here we go again" but I hit a good pitch and made a 12-15 footer for par.

It was really windy today, and I hit the ball great and when I did miss I made a ton of great putts. I think if I had the "total ft of putts made" I would have had 75+ft. Normally it would be 25-30ft. At the end of the day, I shot 1 over, got 10 skins and was extatic with all aspects of the game. Only misses were really a cause of the wind. One of my few bogies, I hit a 7i(normally 165-170 club) from 155 into a 25mph wind and flew the green. Hit a decent chip but missed the putt.

This game is crazy. I counted 11 giveaway shots yesterday from total mental lapse (a four putt and three 3 putts) and today was as smooth and as easy as could be in tough conditions. Love it and hate it :)

played Pine Barrens at World Woods today. wow what an amazing course. played with my neighbor buddy and a friend of his who was just a great guy. shot a 52 on the front and a 53 on the back. had two blow up holes on the front and two on the back or I might have shot in the low 90's. but I didnt care cause I had so much fun. its been a while since I have been able to have fun playing golf due to some bad playing partners. but I'm done with those clowns and have found a whole new group of great guys to play golf with. golf is fun again! if you want to hear more about this great course that has been compared to Pine Valley and see some cool photos of the course check out the thread title "World Woods Golf Club in Brooksville, FL"

congrats on your round GG !! Looking forward to you breaking into the 90's.

GG were you using your Nikes or demoing the TM superlaunch burners?

Thanks! I was demoing the TM Burner SuperLaunch irons and I think they are magical. I just booked a tee time tomorrow as a single and I will put these irons to the test again. I told the pro shop I did not want to get paired with anyone so please give me a time where it's wide open so I can play alone. I have never played as a single before but I am really looking forward to it.

played with a client today.

shot a 79 (38 going out and a 41 coming in). hit 11/14 fwys, 11/18 greens, and 31 putts. had 3 birdies, 4 bogeys, and 3 doubles. was 3 over on the back going into the par 5 18th. hit a great drive had 222 to carry the water to the green and was baited in to going for it. SPLASH!!!!! walked off with double. what an idiot!

I played a 180... golf balls that is. Andy has me on the range alot right now...

Thanks! I was demoing the TM Burner SuperLaunch irons and I think they are magical. I just booked a tee time tomorrow as a single and I will put these irons to the test again. I told the pro shop I did not want to get paired with anyone so please give me a time where it's wide open so I can play alone. I have never played as a single before but I am really looking forward to it.

Sounds like those TM SuperLaunch irons are going to get a good review! I love playing as a single, and really enjoy either the time to myself or the random people I meet and play with.

I played a 180... golf balls that is. Andy has me on the range alot right now...

Sounds like those TM SuperLaunch irons are going to get a good review! I love playing as a single, and really enjoy either the time to myself or the random people I meet and play with.

so far it looks like they are definitely going to get a good review. I am not the only one to test the clubs though, we always get a group of ladies of different skill levels but so far they are a hit with everyone. I ahve never played as a single before but I am looking forward to it. When I go to the range I always wear headphones, do you think I can do that on the course playing alone or would that end up being distracting?

so far it looks like they are definitely going to get a good review. I am not the only one to test the clubs though, we always get a group of ladies of different skill levels but so far they are a hit with everyone. I ahve never played as a single before but I am looking forward to it. When I go to the range I always wear headphones, do you think I can do that on the course playing alone or would that end up being distracting?

I don't play with headphones, as I like to hear the sound of the club hitting the ball and have gotten to where i can just about tell where the ball struck the clubface by the sound.

I would think the only reason not to wear headphones on the course is because of situational awareness. If someone is yelling FORE at you, you might want to hear that. Or if someone's hollering to tell you something, whatever...

I only wear headphones when I'm practicing my short game. With full swings, I like to hear the feedback as much as feel it. Hmm, good thread starter...

I don't play with headphones, as I like to hear the sound of the club hitting the ball and have gotten to where i can just about tell where the ball struck the clubface by the sound.

I would think the only reason not to wear headphones on the course is because of situational awareness. If someone is yelling FORE at you, you might want to hear that. Or if someone's hollering to tell you something, whatever...

I only wear headphones when I'm practicing my short game. With full swings, I like to hear the feedback as much as feel it. Hmm, good thread starter...

Very good points and you are right this might be a good thread starter. I will start it now.

played with a client today.

shot a 79 (38 going out and a 41 coming in). hit 11/14 fwys, 11/18 greens, and 31 putts. had 3 birdies, 4 bogeys, and 3 doubles. was 3 over on the back going into the par 5 18th. hit a great drive had 222 to carry the water to the green and was baited in to going for it. SPLASH!!!!! walked off with double. what an idiot!

Nah, you're just left handed.

Kevin

I shot a 95 at Dancing Rabbit in Philadelphia, MS. I cannot putt! Ugghhh!

got out for the first time this year - was hoping to get my new clubs and test em out for my first time - but used the old ones- played 9 at my local course - shot a 47, but i was playing by myself - so i sometimes played 2 or 3 balls - (the group ahead of me was awfully slow) - So the score was the score of my best ball on that hole lol. i think it would have been near a 55 - had i played just the one - sometimes im so tense - my 2nd shot is so much better than the first.

On the plus side - the new seemore putter is awesome! never 3 putted the whole day - even sunk a 15+ footer. (not a very good judge of distance) AND i did a very intense workout on chipping with my new 60* CG15 - i worked on the spinning shot PHIL mickelson teaches in his video - and around 30 yds i was getting great action.

Think my worst shots were pushing my driver right--- never did hit that damn thing straight. oh well was good to get out.

Lesson tomorrow - 18 on weds am with some friends - and 18 with a good buddy sunday. Then off to OGLEBAY for 2 days of fun in the sun - hopefully i dont stink it up too bad on those nice courses in WVA.

Played 9 holes with Monday afternoon league, then finished back 9.

Played from whites with the league, so just finished through the back 9 on whites. Shot my best ever 88.

Northern Hills Golf Course
6117 yds. 69.3/123
1 birdie
6 pars
6 bogeys
6 doubles

38 putts... WTF!
21% FIR but 44% GIR
6 3-putts...
5 lost balls... haha.

Now to break 80... on a longer course...

nice work dtak! congrats on a career low round.

I played 2 rounds on the weekend...
1) 90 - with 11 penalty shots (may have had something to do with the 10+ drinks) and 37 putts,
2) 86 - with 39 putts.

I really really need to learn how to putt. Maybe I need a SeeMore to PuttLess?

Went out yesterday and played in a scramble tourament. We did not do very well compared to the other groups, shot a +5 for the round. (Winning score was much better, -12 ). I was very proud of myself and the way I played. I actually had three drives that were 275+. I normally drive the ball 215-230 so I was quite happy with this added distance. Now if only I can remember what the heck I did. LOL My second shots were good, my chipping and pitching sill were not all that great and my putting was marginal. Part of the problem was the group in front of us. They seemed to take forever. Slow us down and I could not get into a rhythm. Alsways seemed to be standing around waiting to take a shot. All in all it was a nice day playing golf with friends so I am not going to complain too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back