What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks buddy. Short chips and putting was there today. Chipped a down hill slider in from well off the green, but the guy's all mentioned that I had 6 or 7 chips that could or should have gone in today. Just one of those day's I didn't want to quit, lol.

man i love those days! i'm glad to hear you had one today! keep up the good work. i hate to say it but i heard you mention that the burners were back in the bag? did you play with them today? perhaps they're the ticket.

42 today, with a birdie on the last hole haha! It was a tough one. Two doubles were the big mistakes, even though I was hitting really well off the tee.

A fair bit of wind didn't help, but I'm excited to get my first score of the year into GHIN.

nice going duey.. I knew you'd get back to the scores you are supposed to shoot!!!
Thanks WR. The tip you gave me really helped today.

man i love those days! i'm glad to hear you had one today! keep up the good work. i hate to say it but i heard you mention that the burners were back in the bag? did you play with them today? perhaps they're the ticket.

Yeah, I had the Burners back in, but I've had them in and out for a while. I bring a set in and clean them for the next time out, then trade, lol. My concentration and feel for the chips and putts cut the most strokes today. Although, I hit a drive just over 290 and have no clue how, lmao. Two years on this course and have never even been close to this spot from a drive. My chip sucked from there, I think I was in shock, haha

Wow been catching up and saw all these awesome scores. Good job everyone. We had the scramble tourney Saturday and shot a 70, which was par. Came in second to last. Well tide for second to last. I was driving out of my mind. I also won a drill which was cool. Had a blast. It was windy in AZ and I wasnt good at adjusting to it. Hit somenice shots sometimes but didnt play good overall. Frustrating but fun.

Had an ugly 86. Missed a lot of short putts on the back nine. Still managed two good pars on 17 and 18 to give me hope for the future.

Had an ugly 86. Missed a lot of short putts on the back nine. Still managed two good pars on 17 and 18 to give me hope for the future.

Welcome to THP Brendin. Isnt that the way it always goes.

on a boys golf trip I played 4 rounds (all par 72) Played well for 4 rounds:
1) 79 (with 5 birdies - crazy up and down round)
2) 81 (3 birdies)
3) 80 (1 birdie)
4) 83 (no birdies, was +1 after 8 holes, then had triple, double)

83 at Harborside (Port Course). Had three double bogeys on the front nine that really hurt me. Shot 3 over on the back 9 in cold rain and wind (links style course, so it felt natural) Left feeling great about my round.

Was 5 over at Kampen (Boilmaker course).... through 5, but I was still happy. Until they called us off due to tornado warning. Oh well, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

Today was a smooth as silk 70, only missed two fairways and two greens and one them was a holed out sand shot for birdie!

Today was a smooth as silk 70, only missed two fairways and two greens and one them was a holed out sand shot for birdie!

Nice round dude.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Played a different course today, but with all the rain we had to walk? My first walk in a loooong time, but played ok. Only 9 holes but shot 42. May be layed up the rest of this week, lmao, but had a good time with my buddy Stone. He plays very little, yet shot a 43, the creap. Stone just has a great swing and was straight at the pin on every hole. I can't imagine if he played a lot.

Good shooting there duey! It alwasy helps when you can enjoy a round with friends.

I shot an 87 today and I was really happy with that score. I only pulled the driver on the par 5's as it was real erratic on the range warming up, and it still was on the course. My three wood behaved itself off the tee for the most part. the fairways I missed were only a yard or two off the fairway. My putting was really on today as I only had one three putt and 5 one putts. I was really happy with my irons as I was really striking them well. After shooting over the first two greens I had to club down to keep from flying them. Now if I can just get my driver to behave.

Good stuff wulff. Sounds like the short game and iron's worked out. I under shot everything, but guess I should have known with all the moister in the air. Hope those fitted clubs keep at it for you!

Got together with another forum member (MSB256) and his friend Joey for a round this morning.
Alabama has been averaging 10+ above normal and today was no exception.
After a little bit of putting, we started out around 7am. MSB256 and I walked (at least the front 9...at the turn, MSB and myself got a cart.) :beat-up:
The course we played, while short, was for the most part very tight....Trees lined every fairway
My driver was just not cooperating...I think because I was trying to hard...Once I quit trying to come out of my shoes, I started making a couple of Par's
I ended up with 1/14 fwys, 3 GIR's, 33 putts, and a score of 94 (worst score in almost a year)
I cant really comment on the Nickent 4DX's this round as my swing was so bad.
Michael (MSB256) is a really nice guy with a very nice swing. We are going to try and get together for some more rounds this summer...
Stay tuned for my outing to Hampton Cove (RTJ Trail) course tomorrow morning..

bama

I took out forum member (Fooldog01) for a pre-bachelor party celebratory round of golf Friday. It was an excruciating 100 degree heat index with no wind, but still played better than I usually do. I shot a 104, mostly in part to inconsistent iron shots. I got brave and went for the green a few too many times. I did sink a few 30 foot + putts, which made the round much more enjoyable.

Played in 100* weather this afternoon all by myself and shot an 83. I had nothing higher than a bogie. If I ever expect to shoot in the 70's, I must improve my putting. I had 15 putts (no 3 putts) on the front but 23 on the back (four 3 putts). My golf coach says he has some drills for me to practice. I see him Friday unless he goes to Pebble Beach to watch his prodigy student who he has coached for years, Russell Henley, play in the US Open. He's from Macon, GA, a junior at UGA and qualified to play. My coach is so excited and says he has to find a way to get out there if he makes the cut.

nice rounds everyone! you're all much braver than i am to be playing in this hear, well, that and the fact that i don't have any sticks!

nice rounds everyone! you're all much braver than i am to be playing in this hear, well, that and the fact that i don't have any sticks!

Yeah, but your's are going to return to you with real nice pretty legs!

Yeah, but your's are going to return to you with real nice pretty legs!

let's hope!!! nice round today man, congrats on your achievement. i bet you're replaying your round in your head and you're thinking, "i could've shot an 84", haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back