What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got together with another forum member (MSB256) and his friend Joey for a round this morning.
Alabama has been averaging 10+ above normal and today was no exception.
After a little bit of putting, we started out around 7am. MSB256 and I walked (at least the front 9...at the turn, MSB and myself got a cart.) :beat-up:
The course we played, while short, was for the most part very tight....Trees lined every fairway
My driver was just not cooperating...I think because I was trying to hard...Once I quit trying to come out of my shoes, I started making a couple of Par's
I ended up with 1/14 fwys, 3 GIR's, 33 putts, and a score of 94 (worst score in almost a year)
I cant really comment on the Nickent 4DX's this round as my swing was so bad.
Michael (MSB256) is a really nice guy with a very nice swing. We are going to try and get together for some more rounds this summer...
Stay tuned for my outing to Hampton Cove (RTJ Trail) course tomorrow morning..

Pings arrived back today with the lie adjusted. I have already swapped out and will try them at RTJ tomorrow....

Been working on a new swing theory the last 2 weeks and starting to see some good results.Today , I shot 3 over - only 1 birdie with 13 pars and 4 bogies. Took 35 putts today with 2-3 putts,not great.9/14 fwy's ,13/18 greens.

81 today. I played pretty solid the first 9 for a 39 and kicked ass on the back nine for 5 holes, before droping like a rock, lol. Ended the back with a 42 after par, par, birdie, birdie, par. Yep, bogey, double, triple, bogey. Ok, at least it was on a course I'd never seen befor, but damn. 81 today!

atleast yours stays the same, mine is going up like a freakin baloon.

you and me both... but im finally getting a handle on my new swing and its starting to get better

atleast yours stays the same, mine is going up like a freakin baloon.

I don't mind my handicap going up. The only thing that does is stop all my buddies from forcing me to give them strokes!

let's hope!!! nice round today man, congrats on your achievement. i bet you're replaying your round in your head and you're thinking, "i could've shot an 84", haha

No doubt! That's what keeps me going! Dude, I could have shot an 80 today. Putting was horrible, but I was pretty much green (9 GIR) or greenside (within a few yards) in regulation on every hole today! Take out a few horrible putts (distance control was tough, greens are reading around a 13-14 stimp!!!) and a couple bad decisions on a par 5 (tried going for it, you know what that's like) and long par 4, and I could have been there!

Sorry to tell you the driver's been in timeout. The shaft you sent has really helped ball flight get a bit lower and straight (sometimes a nice draw), it's just still too inconsistant for hitting fairways reliably. I'm buckling down and working on it though. If I could have had an extra 20 yards today, I would have been hitting alot more wedges and 9 irons into greens instead of 8-6 irons...

Our ghin revision came out today, even 8 hdcp right now. That is as low as it's been in 5 years, I am very happy!

I played a quick 9 after work today, shot 4 over 40. I missed a couple of putts that I definitely should have made, that was what kept me from really scoring great tonight cuz I was smoking the ball otherwise. Ever since I put that Project X shaft in my driver it's been just smoking them. Of course I put that shaft in almost exactly at the same time I switched to THE ball for my game...the Bridgestone B330-S...I definitely believe this is NOT a coincidence.

Let's hope the good play continues, I have some big time events coming up!

Our ghin revision came out today, even 8 hdcp right now. That is as low as it's been in 5 years, I am very happy!

I played a quick 9 after work today, shot 4 over 40. I missed a couple of putts that I definitely should have made, that was what kept me from really scoring great tonight cuz I was smoking the ball otherwise. Ever since I put that Project X shaft in my driver it's been just smoking them. Of course I put that shaft in almost exactly at the same time I switched to THE ball for my game...the Bridgestone B330-S...I definitely believe this is NOT a coincidence.

Me too, Thankfully I have been shooting good (last two rounds 77 (+6) 35 (-1) )

good luck in yours P4B!!

Me too, Thankfully I have been shooting good (last two rounds 77 (+6) 35 (-1) )

good luck in yours P4B!!

wow and your still in highschool? thats awesome! state championship on the horizon? lol

my apologies if your not.. thought i read something couple days ago that said u were..

Great job Bird. I went back to my R9 with the VooDoo and am loving it. Not quite as long as the Nickent, but I'm hitting fairways again, lol. Good job on the 8 hc!

Played 18 yesterday. Greenfield Lakes. Par 62

Front 9:
Par 30
Score 42 .. OUCH. 3 blow up holes

Back 9:
Par 32
Score 36 ... Awesome. Im really starting to see where the practice is helping. Baby steps. Seeing how much passion everyone has here really helps keep me strong on this.

Finally getting around to posting but I shot even par 71 this past Sunday. I have never done that before. Kind of came out of nowhere as I have been hovering in the high 70s to low 80s which is typical for me (11 handicap). Driver was working and so was my wedge. I went birdie, birdie, eagle on the 3 par 5s on the front to shoot -2 on the front and shot +2 on the back (course is 37/34). I missed a few other birdie putts inside of ten feet throughout the day. If I could drive the ball that consistently every day I would be doing something.

Puttin4Bird, I definitely agree on the B330-S. I used to use the e6 but was fit for the 330-S at a mobile Bridgestone fitting. It goes way straighter and way longer for me. I just wish I didn't cut them so often with my wedges.

Stay tuned for my outing to Hampton Cove (RTJ Trail) course tomorrow morning..

Not a really good outing. River Course at RTJ Hampton Cove. 6764 yds / 72.8 / 134
Played the G5's with the lies adjusted. Also put the FT5 back in the bag. Also played the B330RX
I ended up with 9/14 fwys, 2 GIR's, 36 putts, and a score of 92.

I ended up being the first one off at 7am by myself. The unknown couple I was going to play with did not show.
I think the 2hr 30min pace had something to do with my bad score.
My Pings just did not seem to be going anywhere....even accounting for the weaker lofts between them and my 4DX's

Maybe it was just a bad day...
At least I was not working and I now know my FT5 is my driver of choice....
From 1/14 fwys with the R9 to 9/14 with the FT5.....sweet

bama

I played the B330RX most of the time

Not a really good outing. River Course at RTJ Hampton Cove. 6764 yds / 72.8 / 134
Played the G5's with the lies adjusted. Also put the FT5 back in the bag. Also played the B330RX
I ended up with 9/14 fwys, 2 GIR's, 36 putts, and a score of 92.

I ended up being the first one off at 7am by myself. The unknown couple I was going to play with did not show.
I think the 2hr 30min pace had something to do with my bad score.
My Pings just did not seem to be going anywhere....even accounting for the weaker lofts between them and my 4DX's

Maybe it was just a bad day...
At least I was not working and I now know my FT5 is my driver of choice....
From 1/14 fwys with the R9 to 9/14 with the FT5.....sweet

bama

I played the B330RX most of the time

dude, some more gir's and that 92 would've been a lot lower. glad that you like the ft-5 and i'm sure the ping's will warm back up to you.

Played Highland Country Club par 72 6600 yds 10/14 FIR and 14/18 GIR shot 74 and had two 3 putts

Played Highland Country Club par 72 6600 yds 10/14 FIR and 14/18 GIR shot 74 and had two 3 putts

nice round man! is that in auburn?

Thank you and no it's in LaGrange I'm home with the family for the time being

Thank you and no it's in LaGrange I'm home with the family for the time being

enjoy your stay with the fam, sounds like you had a pretty darn good day!

nice rounds all! hoping to get back out there this weekend myself!

shot an 86 today... which was really disappointing since my ball striking seems to feel so much better...
12 over front =/
2 over back... unbelievable!
i had the hooks on the front something fierce... everything went left and this course is a slicers dream... left was not a good place to be on most holes in the front
i changed my grip and slowed my tempo on the back and was going at everything... my misses were in great spots and even missing girs i still got up and down relatively easy

im so happy that i went 2 over... now i have to get both sides to do that

nice russ! you're taking great steps in the right direction. 2 over on the back is solid man. keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back