What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met a fellow THPer (Ryan555) Sunday for a spur of the moment 18 holes. I shot 46/48, not bad considering I struggled with the driver most of the day. Wasted some good approach shots by pulling the wrong club.

Had a great time with Ryan even though we had never met before. He's a member here though so I wasn't too worried. As luck would have it we pulled into the course at the exact same time. We both had our struggles, but both hit some great shots. Ryan had the best two shots of the day though, drove the green on a par 4 to about 6 feet, then just bombed a drive about 300 yards. All in all a great time out on a pleasantly cool June Sunday and look forward to playing with Ryan again.

Yes, definitely had much fun. Up and Atom was great partner and I am defintiely looking forward to playing many more rounds with him.

About the 2 best shots of the day, somehow, even with those, he still managed to out play me by 9 strokes. But a 103 compared to my last 2 rounds of 111 and 112, I will take it.

Shot an 80 (40/40) - best round of my life. Made a 30 footer to save par on 18. Makes me angry now that I missed a couple easy putts early that would have put me in the 70's.

42/39 for an 81. Putting let me down today, Too many 3 putts and 2 4 putts. Still it reduced my Handicap down to 15.3

I played 9 on Sunday and 9 yesterday. I shot a +4/41 on the font (par 37) with 5 bogeys and 1 birdie. I bogeyed out the last 3 holes that I had no business making worse than par on. I did hit a huge drive on a 520 yard par 5 that left me with an approach of 193 yards to the middle of the green. I went with a 5 iron to the green and overshot it by just a little. I hit the putt from the fringe to about 4 feet and put the birdie in. Definitely the best hole of the day.

I also almost had an ace on the par 3 number 6. I put it in the perfect spot and the ball missed the hole by an inch or two as it rolled past. I missed the easy birdie putt (stupid).

Yesterday (Monday) I shot a +9 44 on the back side. I had a double bogey and a quad and few more bogeys. Nothing was working this round. I don't really want to talk about it.

Altogether, I shot a theoretical 85 if you were to combine the front and the back (but I am not).

I played 9 on Sunday and 9 yesterday. I shot a +4/41 on the font (par 37) with 5 bogeys and 1 birdie. I bogeyed out the last 3 holes that I had no business making worse than par on. I did hit a huge drive on a 520 yard par 5 that left me with an approach of 193 yards to the middle of the green. I went with a 5 iron to the green and overshot it by just a little. I hit the putt from the fringe to about 4 feet and put the birdie in. Definitely the best hole of the day.

I also almost had an ace on the par 3 number 6. I put it in the perfect spot and the ball missed the hole by an inch or two as it rolled past. I missed the easy birdie putt (stupid).

Yesterday (Monday) I shot a +9 44 on the back side. I had a double bogey and a quad and few more bogeys. Nothing was working this round. I don't really want to talk about it.

Altogether, I shot a theoretical 85 if you were to combine the front and the back (but I am not).

Nice round(s) Seth! That was a beast drive, 327 yards!!!

Nice round(s) Seth! That was a beast drive, 327 yards!!!

Thanks man! The ground was really hard and I got a generous roll out of it. That was actually the longest drive of my life. I am usually around the 260-280 these days. I gained a little distance since switching to the Z-Star driver.

One of those days...
Started by shanking into the water left of the first green and that's how the day went. 44-42 86
Lots of bad bad shots today.

ball%252520up%252520tree.jpg

Here is where the tee shot on #17 came to rest.

Last edited:
Shot an 80 (40/40) - best round of my life. Made a 30 footer to save par on 18. Makes me angry now that I missed a couple easy putts early that would have put me in the 70's.

Excellent, keep it going.

42/39 for an 81. Putting let me down today, Too many 3 putts and 2 4 putts. Still it reduced my Handicap down to 15.3

Good score despite the putts.

I can identify with putter woes.

Not as bad as it looks - even tho it looks bad.

Couldn't get off the tee with my driver or 3H for some reason. Yesterday it was awesome. Today, low, darting left. Iron game was decent, but my putting was on again. I had a lot of bogeys, three pars, but a double and two snowmen did me in.

played horrendous... shot 41/dnf
started off really strong... and got progressively worse as the round went on
first hole by myself... waited and waited aaaaand waited
2nd hole... another single joined in
3rd hole... another single caught up
4th hole... you get the picture
the front went by in about an hour and 45 mins or so
the back... as far as the eye could see there was 3-4 groups to every hole
i couldnt finish the back... by the time we got to 16 over 3hrs had already passed by and my swing abandoned me 2hrs ago

Shot a 79 today (37-42);lowest round in 15 years. Very happy with how things are progressing!

I shot a 39 today after an extended range session, and while I can't be upset with a 39, I missed a few putts I wish I had back, including a 3 putt on the final hole.

Oh well. My ball striking might be the best it has been in a year.

I played well today, shot 73(+2). The driver was ok, some great ones and some mediocre ones but none were terrible. Irons were really good and putter was decent. Good round overall.

49 :angry: I'm starting to really get confused about my game...the beginning of the season I was doing well and now I'm just averaging about 48-49. Whatever I was doing before to keep me closer to 45 i need to find and get back to.

You and I are in the same boat, sorta. Shot 44 the other day, yesterday shot 49. If it wasn't for my putting, it might have been worse. Then again, I did have two three putts, soo. Earlier in the year I had issues with hitting it thin and some duck hooks, now my mishits are fat - irons. Yesterday I couldn't do anything with my driver or 3H off the tee. My one good par of the day was a mishit with the 3H that went about 4' off the ground and 200 some yards tailing to the left. Ugh. I'm hoping today with an extended range session might help. And by extended I mean only enough balls to get the swing back/groove and then quit.

Shot a 79 today, pretty good score for me but I left too much on the course. 2 doubles were offset with 2 birdies somewhat, but 1 three putt and 2 pretty pitiful plays from bunkers and missing 3 other legitimate birdie putts just kind of left me a little disappointed. I have difinitely become a "home" course golfer as I am shooting in the 70's pretty regularly at home and very rarely away. I used 32 putts for the day, that is in the range I am looking for so that is the big positive for the day.

Excellent, keep it going.

Good score despite the putts.

I can identify with putter woes.

Cheers, was happy with my iron play. Just need to get the putter working on a more consistent basis. Think I will spend time on the practice green before my next round

Good Round Dawg :D

Thanks Mike, that 81 you posted yesterday is not too shabby especially when you did not have the putter going. Hope it is working next round and you get to post a really low round.

Last edited:
played 9 today and shot a 48. it was a short course not a par 5 on it but it was fun!

Shot 80 today. Only missed one fairway but overshot a couple greens. My ball striking was really good today unlike this weekend when I stunk it up in our club championship.

Shot 80 today. Only missed one fairway but overshot a couple greens. My ball striking was really good today unlike this weekend when I stunk it up in our club championship.

Now that sounds much more like KellyBo, I think you and OG just put a little too much pressure on yourselves this past week end. Golf is a lifelong learning process and I know each of you are now better golfers because of that experience. Nice round.

38-41 79 went from hitting the ball well to scrambling for everything on the back nine. The back nine was a better score simply because I could easily have shot a 45 if I did not get it up and down more than a few times.

48. Ballstriking was beast today, but I lost it around the greens.

I played 18 today with two balls. scored 49-42-91 with each ball. I only got the same score on 7 holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back