What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Very happy with how I won it, much more than the fact that I won it.

Actually that was more like the old Tiger domination, nice win pete.

Played with 4 other THP members MaryC, Hanks, The General, and France @ the manor. Course was in good shape. short course but the greens made the course pretty difficult. they were all the size of postage stamps with 3 tiers and humps all over them and they were pretty quick. Anyway i shot a 78 and with 38 putts i was happy with that score! havn't had that bad of a putting day in a while but i guess they happen! Thanks again to Mary for putting everything together. And congrats to her breaking 100 for the first time ever!

The round that could have been.....

2 under after 9.
Even on the back until the dreaded 605 yard par 5....9!
That blew my whole attitude and concentration...bogey 17 and 18 for a total of 4 over 76.

5,525 yds par 70

Shot a 98 (53/45) with 32 putts. The course was short but there were a lot of blind greens to shoot into and once on those blanket sized greens there were so many breaks and ridges and ridiculous pin positions to deal with that putting was very trying. Got off to another rough start again today too. I confirmed what I already knew again today but yet another round where I didn't hit a warm up bucket and my initial scores showed it. It took another 4-5 holes for me to settle into a comfort zone. My game was so comical and funny at one point that I switched to a yellow SpongeBob ball and when I did I started playing much better. Somehow that cleared my head of all the stuff that was going through it. The driver was pretty good today until the end and my hybrids and putter were really good but yet again I struggled with irons shots being fatted all over the place and my blading or chunking wedge shots. It appears that all the wedge practice I put in going into this season has worn off so I'll need to fix that soon. Poor wedge play, inconsistent ball striking, and poor swings really cost be today as well as yesterday. I had my best weekend of putting ever but due to poor ball striking and aim my scores didn't reflect that.

Played with 4 other THP members MaryC, Hanks, The General, and France @ the manor. Course was in good shape. short course but the greens made the course pretty difficult. they were all the size of postage stamps with 3 tiers and humps all over them and they were pretty quick. Anyway i shot a 78 and with 38 putts i was happy with that score! havn't had that bad of a putting day in a while but i guess they happen! Thanks again to Mary for putting everything together. And congrats to her breaking 100 for the first time ever!

Awesome round to have had 38 putts, nice going. Congratulations to MaryC on breaking the century mark, that is a big hurdle, wtg.

36/34 for a -2 70. not a tough course but im still trying to adjust to the fixes to my swing

36/34 for a -2 70. not a tough course but im still trying to adjust to the fixes to my swing

That is good shooting no matter how tough the course is, you have still got to get 'em in the hole.

Horrible day. 98. Close to a five hour round which felt like six or more. I played with another single so we were a two-some but trying to play through would have been pointless since there were nothing but foursomes ahead of us. The group ahead took about ten minutes on each green. Arrrggg!!!! It was cold and drizzling. The sun never came out. Never got into any sort of rhythm because we were waiting for every shot. One hole took half an hour. Ridiculous. Ugh. I just needed to get that out.

Played with THPers MikeDean and CG13 today, at my home course!

I shot a 75 (37/38) with a glorious double bogey on the final hole to avoid any chance at getting back to par haha! Oh well, it was a great day and I can't wait to play with those boys again soon!

Played with THPers MikeDean and CG13 today, at my home course!

I shot a 75 (37/38) with a glorious double bogey on the final hole to avoid any chance at getting back to par haha! Oh well, it was a great day and I can't wait to play with those boys again soon!

I shot a # I care to not disclose.

But as always I had a blast with these guys, always some good laughs and jokes galore.

Im just glad it didnt cost me 13 golf balls this time!

I shot a 79, with a triple bogie that offset my 3 birdies.

Played the golds, 72.2/137. Rode today, HOT.
40-40 80. A double bogie on 18 and really poor putting all day kept the score up. Otherwise played pretty good. Eight of ten scores since the last HC revision have been in the eighties. So my index should creep up a little tomorrow. That's ok, I can always use an extra stroke on weekends:D

played crappy. Shot 94.Working on New Swing with Golftec

Damn man, burning it up! Great score...

Thanks man, My putting has been lights out lately. 29putts past two days and been getting up and down more then usual. Would like to just control my draw a bit more on my irons.

78 (40/38) - first round ever in the 70's. Finished birdie-bogey (3 putt)-birdie, with 2 eagle putts that I missed but left with tap in birdies.

78 (40/38) - first round ever in the 70's. Finished birdie-bogey (3 putt)-birdie, with 2 eagle putts that I missed but left with tap in birdies.

congrats man, hope many more come your way.

I'm an every other day golfer. Shot a solid 81 on a tough course I seldom play yesterday with a triple bogey on one hole, turn around and shot over 90 today on a familiar course. Just could not connect today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Played today at Eagle Marsh in Jensen Beach, Fl 72/141 from 6400 (next to back), first time playing this course. Tips are 74/147 at 7000 yds. Carded a 71 (36-35). 3 birds, 2 bogeys. 32 putts 11/14 fairways, 12/18 greens. Been averaging around 30 putts a round sadly.

Played today at Eagle Marsh in Jensen Beach, Fl 72/141 from 6400 (next to back), first time playing this course. Tips are 74/147 at 7000 yds. Carded a 71 (36-35). 3 birds, 2 bogeys. 32 putts 11/14 fairways, 12/18 greens. Been averaging around 30 putts a round sadly.

You make me feel inadequate.

Woohoo!! I broke 90 today at a nice course in T or C, New Mexico (Sierra del Rio) with an 89. And to do it had to sink in a 60' putt on the 18th (I didn't know I needed too but knew I was around there).

I also shelved the drive and played Mashie and 5W the whole time.

I played at Bridgewater down here in Lakeland again today. Last week I broke 90 for the first time, carding an 88. Went out today and lowered the bar again. Shooting an 86. I was really impressed with how I did it.

I went bowling last night for the first time in a while. Came out to the course today, and my first swing just hurt like hell. I wasn't sore at all, but everytime I swung I just got a sharp pain between my shoulder blades. I could not recreate the pain at all, and I couldn't figure out a stretch that would make any difference, I only felt it when I took a full swing. I managed a bogey on the first hole, then tripled the second. I thought my round was going to be over quickly. It started to soothe a little bit after the third hole. I still couldn't swing hard, but I was able to get a decent swing going. Even after being 4 over through the first two holes, I managed to tie my front 9 best with a 44. My distance was way down, I was losing 15-20 yards on my irons, and my driver was very short. But I was striking the ball well and laying my drivers out in the fairway.

The back 9 started out decently, but not great. I was 4 our through the 13th. I noticed on the 13th hole that I didn't have any pain in my swing, and was able to swing normally the rest of the day. I then pared 4 out of the last 5 holes for a 1 over on the last 5 holes. I really wonder what I could have done today if I had been able to put a full swing in all day. My chipping was the best its ever been. My putting was terrible, had 40 putts overall.

I really feel like my game is coming around. I am putting less and less balls out of bounds and having fewer and fewer miss hits. If I could get my putting in line I think I could put in some goods scores.

played a new course today.

crap front 9. shot a 46. could not get a feel for the hard fast greens.

came together on the back. shot a 41. for a total of 87. Was playing a guy for dinner. He had 3 strokes on me after the front 9 but I battled back!

The cart we were using had the gps in it. The last 2 par 5's my drives measured 380 and 388 yards (downwind) not sure how accurate these things are but it is GPS, cant be that far out...hit a 9 iron into one and a 54* into the other..

need to get some short game practice in and I will be set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back