What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
33 on an executive 9 (par 30) near work. A co-worker and I had been talking about going out there for a while, today he finally had his clubs in his car so we headed out and had a blast. One double on a steep greenside bunker shot that I had no other choice (short of some MJ V. Bird "off the trees" type stuff) to hit back out toward the fairway, so we had a pretty good laugh at that lie.

Shot an 81 and 86 this weekend. My ball striking is getting better. Missing a lot of putts by the smallest of margins. Waiting to find a good RH putter so I can get back on track hopefully. Played with some Vision Golf X3's today. Really am impressed with them.

Shot a 78 this weekend. I played pretty well but was off just enough to keep from having a great round. Driver was real good, still LOVE the D2. Iron decent, short game decent, putting mediocre(they plugged the greens last week so greens were pretty bumpy). Got off the course just in time as a big dust storm came through 15 minutes after we finished.

Shot a 77 this morning, hit the ball pretty well off of the tee and chipping and putting were very good until the final holes, bogeyed 3 of the last 5. Used only 28 putts but just 1 birdie, missed 2 inside of 10 feet. Hit 10/14 fairways, but only 7 GIR, that is why the putts were so low, I was chipping instead of hitting pitch shots on most missed greens. The main take away is that my back made it through the entire round without any kind of flair up. All in all a very good day for me.

89 on the nicest/hardest course I've played. Felt good!

74 yesterday, 2 over on the front and bogey on 17 kept me from playing the back at 1 under. Had two 3 putts and missed a 3 footer for par at 17 so I could have finished at par or better if I make a couple of those.

Shot 82 (39/43) with a double and two 3 putts (back to back go figure). Driver was whacked most of the round, I hit draws, fades, pulls, and a few straight shots. I was scrambling all day so 82 wasn't too bad, but I burned the edges on a lot of putts.

Just a bad round. Drives were money and again, approach shots were horrendous. Wedges around the green were great. I really need to work on my iron game, I cant believe how bad it has been the past 2 rounds. YUCK!

Screenshot2011-08-01at35409PM.png

Just a bad round. Drives were money and again, approach shots were horrendous. Wedges around the green were great. I really need to work on my iron game, I cant believe how bad it has been the past 2 rounds. YUCK!

Screenshot2011-08-01at35409PM.png

My dad has played that course but i haven't. DirtyDawg, You, and I should get together one day and play a course in northern VA or something.

Only played 9 holes this past Sunday but had a few birdies and shot 36, 1 over par. My lowest score for 9 holes ever and hope to build on that this week. Funny how being straight off the tee helps out the scores....

Shot a 76 today, new personal best on my home course. Finished with bogey and par on the last two holes, ended up going one under the final nine holes. Wasn't hitting any greens the first nine and made two doubles and three bogeys. Putting was great throughout and I know that's one thing I need to work on. Overall I'm just happy to shoot a new personal low. played the white tees and the course is par 70.

My dad has played that course but i haven't. DirtyDawg, You, and I should get together one day and play a course in northern VA or something.

That would be some fun. I think TC is in Maryland, we could have some serious good times.

Shot a 74 (38/36) today. My ball striking was great as was my putting.

Great rounds guys !

Still not able to hit anything...pushed most of my shots, hooked a few, and lost all 3 balls that I started with in my bag today, so I had to quit after 9 rather than playing 18. Looks like I won't be playing again until I can afford some new balls. I don't want to pay $40 for a single dozen Pentas since they are on special, but I can't swing $80 right now for the buy 2 gets one free. I may have to give in and just buy some cheap balls I guess, which may not be a bad thing since I keep playing horrible. This year I have played the best golf of my life, but this is the most inconsistent year I have ever had. Last year I consistently shot mid-80's all year. This year I will shoot 79-81 for a few weeks, then I will shoot around 100 for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden I go back to shooting high 70's/low 80's again. Shot 49 today. Not a single GIR. Not a single par. WONDERFUL....

That would be some fun. I think TC is in Maryland, we could have some serious good times.

TC and One-T are in NC but OEM is in MD i believe or at least him and DirtyDawg have played together in MD a few times

First round, 82 that should have been alot better as I had only 3 bogeys in the round but also a triple and two doubles because of trouble off the tee. Still hit 8/14 Fairways, 7 GIR's. and had 32 putts on the first round with the new putter, but still, Yuck.

Second round, not much better, actually kind of frustrating.

Spoiler
78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 birdies, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles on the round. Shot my best nine EVER with a 37 (+1) on the front. The back was where all three doubles were after finding trouble on every one of those tee shots (LEFT! ARGH!) but I battles back with two birdies on the back. I really honest to goodness should have shot in the 74 range the way my irons were on, my approach shots were impeccable all day. Hit 9 GIR's, 8/14 Fairways, and 28 Putts with the Huey!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

First round, 82 that should have been alot better as I had only 3 bogeys in the round but also a triple and two doubles because of trouble off the tee. Still hit 8/14 Fairways, 7 GIR's. and had 32 putts on the first round with the new putter, but still, Yuck.

Spoiler
78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 birdies, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles on the round. Shot my best nine EVER with a 37 (+1) on the front. The back was where all three doubles were after finding trouble on every one of those tee shots (LEFT! ARGH!) but I battles back with two birdies on the back. I really honest to goodness should have shot in the 74 range the way my irons were on, my approach shots were impeccable all day. Hit 9 GIR's, 8/14 Fairways, and 28 Putts with the Huey!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Nice Jman!

10/14 fairways, 12/18 greens 33 putts and shot 74. Played the whole round with a migraine as I have been having migraine problems. Course I played was horrible and the greens were crap. Holes were located on hills and slopes and very few flat surfaces with hole locations. Sadly I also have been putting bad lately. Been burning edges, but can't get them to fall.

Shot a 76 today, new personal best on my home course. Finished with bogey and par on the last two holes, ended up going one under the final nine holes. Wasn't hitting any greens the first nine and made two doubles and three bogeys. Putting was great throughout and I know that's one thing I need to work on. Overall I'm just happy to shoot a new personal low. played the white tees and the course is par 70.

Congrats budde, 76 is strong.

Shot a 74 (38/36) today. My ball striking was great as was my putting.

Great round Z.F, ball striking and putting as well as course management had to be good to shoot that score.

Spoiler
78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Nice going Jman, sounds like the Huey is a gamer for sure.

Great round(s), Jman!

Nice Jman!

Thanks Vince! Honestly it was anticlimactic since I knew how many strokes I left out there with the penalties. Still, i finally did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back