What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally broke 90! I'm ecstatic. I almost beat my brother Inlaw who shot an 88. I shot an 89. My father Inlaw has been on fire out of our little group. He shot an 83. Other guy shot a 97. He's the club thrower in the group.

Foreplay -- You didn't have any foreplay with that golf ball today did ya. LOL You just jumped on that sucker and went to work! Great job and congrats!!

Playing in my first GSGA tournament this week. I am in flight 5. We are playing at Brookstone CC in Acworth, GA. I've never played the course and I have NEVER played faster greens anywhere. I asked what they were in the pro shop and they laughed and said about 12-12.5. It's almost impossible to stop the ball on downhill putts. I thought I did bad with 39 putts until I learned a 2 handicapper had 38 and another girl who has a similar handicap to me had 46 putts. Ended today's round with a 92. Worse hole - I was putting for birdie from 5' above the hole and 3 putted it. I'm not kidding guys, it's ugly out here. Lowest score in my flight is an 87. Best shots of the day for me were two shots out of the sand to 4' and 6' from the hole!!! So excited about that. I never do well in these tournaments but they are making me a better player.

Nice job congrats Dent, Hart, Foreplay and Smalls! :)

I shot a 74 today (par 70). My lowest score thus far. Hit 12/12 fairways, 28 putts, and four birdies.

KB as you know there is a big difference between golf and tournament golf. I think it's great you're playing in these events. :)

I wish I could just play holes 10-18 twice every time for an 18. I am, on average, about 4 to 6 shots better on the back than the front, and even if I play the back first, it doesn't matter. I have never shot even the same score, let alone a better score on the front as I did on the back. Grrr.

At Sunflower Hills, the course I learned on back in the '70s, I have still never shot better (or as good) on the back as I do on the front. It is usually 8 to 10 shots different every time.

I finally broke 90! I'm ecstatic. I almost beat my brother Inlaw who shot an 88. I shot an 89. My father Inlaw has been on fire out of our little group. He shot an 83. Other guy shot a 97. He's the club thrower in the group.

Foreplay -- You didn't have any foreplay with that golf ball today did ya. LOL You just jumped on that sucker and went to work! Great job and congrats!!

Lol. I am so much better and more confident off the tee. And long. I out drove them on several holes with my 3w. Love it! That ultra light Cleveland is money off the turf. I'm just killing it straight. I'm going to work on lowering the ball flight for more run out. No foreplay today. All business.

Playing in my first GSGA tournament this week. I am in flight 5. We are playing at Brookstone CC in Acworth, GA. I've never played the course and I have NEVER played faster greens anywhere. I asked what they were in the pro shop and they laughed and said about 12-12.5. It's almost impossible to stop the ball on downhill putts. I thought I did bad with 39 putts until I learned a 2 handicapper had 38 and another girl who has a similar handicap to me had 46 putts. Ended today's round with a 92. Worse hole - I was putting for birdie from 5' above the hole and 3 putted it. I'm not kidding guys, it's ugly out here. Lowest score in my flight is an 87. Best shots of the day for me were two shots out of the sand to 4' and 6' from the hole!!! So excited about that. I never do well in these tournaments but they are making me a better player.

It actually sounds to me like you held your own pretty well KB, great to hear you played the sand so well. Good luck tomorrow.

Nice job congrats Dent, Hart, Foreplay and Smalls! :)

I shot a 74 today (par 70). My lowest score thus far. Hit 12/12 fairways, 28 putts, and four birdies.

KB as you know there is a big difference between golf and tournament golf. I think it's great you're playing in these events. :)

That is solid Sean, 12/12, 28 putts, man that is some good golf.

45/43
i sucked at everything from tee to green
just couldnt hit a shot to save my life

Just looked at today's and yesterday's scorecards. Yesterday I was -1 on the last four holes (back nine). Today I was +2 on the first five holes of the back nine (I only played the back nine). That's a +1 36, so potentially, I can do it! P O T E N T I A L L Y.

Just looked at today's and yesterday's scorecards. Yesterday I was -1 on the last four holes (back nine). Today I was +2 on the first five holes of the back nine (I only played the back nine). That's a +1 36, so potentially, I can do it! P O T E N T I A L L Y.

Great job Smallie, sounds like you are right there and ready to get it done.

I shot 81 today, but went out there thinking I would rape this course, lol. After this AM rain my ball just stuck in the fairway, no roll out at all. I was 15 to 25 yards short of yesterday on every fairway which translated to the same at the green. Hit a lot of greens today, but was never close to the pin, so putting averages sucked as well. I kept thinking about Florida and no roll, haha.

Played in my clubs senior championship over the weekend. We have both gross and net champions to keep participation up. I shot my course best of 80 on saturday (net 66) which landed me in first place after day 1. Sad to report I shot my worst round of the year on Sunday to fall to the middle of the pack. The golf gods were not smiling on me.

Shot my personal best today - 80. I had 3 birdie putts inside of 10 feet and missed all of them. Finally converted a birdie on 16. All in all, very happy with shooting my best score.

Good round and only five strokes out. That doesn't sound like too bad a putting day either, the best I remember, those greens have lots of contours. I absolutely agree, playing tournaments at different courses will make you a better player. Good luck tomorrow keeping the ball below the hole.

Great job Smallie, sounds like you are right there and ready to get it done.

I shot 81 today, but went out there thinking I would rape this course, lol. After this AM rain my ball just stuck in the fairway, no roll out at all. I was 15 to 25 yards short of yesterday on every fairway which translated to the same at the green. Hit a lot of greens today, but was never close to the pin, so putting averages sucked as well. I kept thinking about Florida and no roll, haha.

Thanks duey. Unfortunately, I have to play the back nine every time for that to happen! haha

Have fun today sweety and don't press. Try to keep your approach shots in the green zone on the greens and play one hole at the time. Main thing is have FUN today. We miss ya and are all pulling for you to have relaxing round of golf on a beautiful golf course!

Thanks everyone and awesome scores. Man I wish I started when I was younger. Starting at 37 and trying to catch up to my brother Inlaw and father Inlaw resulted in too much money spent over the last 3 years trying to find stuff right for me.

I had my second attempt at passing the PAT yesterday. We had to average a 78 over two rounds. The first round I shot a 76 with a triple bogey on a par 3, so that left me with needing an 80 to pass. I thought I had it in the bag since I played the first round so well. Well, it didn't happen. I shot an 82 and missed passing by 2 strokes. I had more lip outs on the second round than I've had all year long. It just felt like one of those rounds where nothing was going right. Then, on top of all that, I end up having a wreck on the freeway coming back home. That was a terrible ending to a day that started so great.

Was up in Rockford IL for work this past weekend and played a couple courses up there. Shot 46 on 9 at Sandy Hollow, really liked this course was very well kept, was kind of short except for the 593 yard Par 5 9th. Then shot a 103 at Elliot, this course was tough, anything in the rough was a pain and for some reason I was hooking my driver this weekend. I also checked out Aldeen but didn't play it, they did have a wonderful practice area and I hit a bucket of balls there before I left.

Shot 82 today at DawgDaddy's course. I was playing good and then blew a tire on two of the last four holes for doubles. It is was good day with good friends so it's all good!

Well, it looks to me that you have already done it, just over a 2 day period. Nice going Smallie.

Don't know if I should be happy or pissed with my 71, even par. Started on the 10th, made a nice birdie. Then par, par, triple, bogey. Another bogey on 17 and +4 all of a sudden. Made birdies on 3-5-6-8 to even things up, but still...played so damn awful on the back 9.

Shot my personal best today - 80. I had 3 birdie putts inside of 10 feet and missed all of them. Finally converted a birdie on 16. All in all, very happy with shooting my best score.

Congrats on the personal best Bogeyman, nice going.

I had my second attempt at passing the PAT yesterday. We had to average a 78 over two rounds. The first round I shot a 76 with a triple bogey on a par 3, so that left me with needing an 80 to pass. I thought I had it in the bag since I played the first round so well. Well, it didn't happen. I shot an 82 and missed passing by 2 strokes. I had more lip outs on the second round than I've had all year long. It just felt like one of those rounds where nothing was going right. Then, on top of all that, I end up having a wreck on the freeway coming back home. That was a terrible ending to a day that started so great.

Keep plugging away bh, you know you will pass the test soon. I hate that you had the wreck, I take it everyone is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back