What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 82 today at DawgDaddy's course. I was playing good and then blew a tire on two of the last four holes for doubles. It is was good day with good friends so it's all good!

I really enjoyed today OG, those young whippersnappers could bomb the ball for sure, I got tired of hitting 1st after the tee shots. :D I was kind of like you, I hit that dreaded S%@*k on the next to last hole and then had my only 3 jack on the last hole to miss staying in the 70's. 80 was fine with me though as that was pretty much what I thought I deserved. No doubles and no 3 putts until the end was fairly solid. Enjoyed it and I look forward to the next time we get to tee it up.

43 in a school match. Could have been better. Two birdie putts and a par lipped out today....

43 in a school match. Could have been better. Two birdie putts and a par lipped out today....

where was that at? I didn't realize matches started already up here.

Keep plugging away bh, you know you will pass the test soon. I hate that you had the wreck, I take it everyone is alright.

Thanks DD. There weren't any injuries in the wreck. It just happened about 30 minutes after I finished that round and I was already ticked off because of that. Now it looks like I'll be out of a car for a couple of weeks. On the other hand, I've got about 3 more weeks to prepare for the next PAT. That should give me plenty of time to get ready for it.

Played the front at rocky gap resort. Shot a 44 on the front and had to roll out before the back. 2 birdies. I hope we have some good weather for a few more months. My game is getting stronger.

46/45
even broke out 2 drivers today... one hooked and the other sliced lol
i would pure a shot then duff a shot
it didnt help that i was in the rough the whole day and it seemed like the ball was always sitting down
add wind to the equation and it was brutal
oh yeah i forgot to mention all the lost balls

got out with OEM Kevin today at Rock Manor in Wilmington DE. course was in pretty good shape. second time playing there. shot 5 over on the front and 1 under on the back 9 for a 75 +4. had a great shot on 18 150 yard par 3 put my 9 iron to about 5 feet and drained the birdie. nothing better than making a bird on the last hole of the day. had a great time with Kevin, got to hear about the MC and a little about Grand Cypress. had a great time, weather was perfect.

got out with OEM Kevin today at Rock Manor in Wilmington DE. course was in pretty good shape. second time playing there. shot 5 over on the front and 1 under on the back 9 for a 75 +4. had a great shot on 18 150 yard par 3 put my 9 iron to about 5 feet and drained the birdie. nothing better than making a bird on the last hole of the day. had a great time with Kevin, got to hear about the MC and a little about Grand Cypress. had a great time, weather was perfect.

Thanks for the invite, pshhh

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Thanks for the invite, pshhh

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

+1 even though I wouldn't have been able to come. It would have been nice haha

where was that at? I didn't realize matches started already up here.

today it was at Fairways of Halfmoon. My friend, our #1, was E thru 5 until he doubled 7.....I pared the two hardest holes (to me) 3 and 4....

Good round Buck! That's the way to wrap up a good round with a tweeter on the last hole...

I officially HATE champion bermuda grass! I am a bad enough putter without greens that are 12-12.5 on the stimpmeter. One girl told me she had a 15 on a hole after putting up and down the green. It was crazy. I had one four putt and way too many 3 putts.

I shot a 93 finishing with a dang 9 on the last hole. The 18th hole is along water and is full of traps. We had an audience watching and my crap game unfolded in front of the crowd.

I am sure I had over 40 putts but quit counting after 9. I had 22 on the front. They rolled the greens this AM which made them even faster and some of the pin placements were horrid.

Take away the putting and that last crap hole and I hit the ball really good all day. Even had a 93 yard shot to 1' from the hole which I birdied. I was proud of most of my shots but quite aggravated by my putting. At least I wasn't the only person who struggled with the greens. The locals definitely had an advantage.

Good round Buck! That's the way to wrap up a good round with a tweeter on the last hole...

thanks OG yeah i scrambled my @$$ off i only hit 2 fairways all day. and sorry for not inviting you Matty and TC1. prob be down later this month wanna play white clay creek ill make sure i invite you.

39 in practice.

Shot 82 today at DawgDaddy's course. I was playing good and then blew a tire on two of the last four holes for doubles. It is was good day with good friends so it's all good!

I really enjoyed today OG, those young whippersnappers could bomb the ball for sure, I got tired of hitting 1st after the tee shots. :D I was kind of like you, I hit that dreaded S%@*k on the next to last hole and then had my only 3 jack on the last hole to miss staying in the 70's. 80 was fine with me though as that was pretty much what I thought I deserved. No doubles and no 3 putts until the end was fairly solid. Enjoyed it and I look forward to the next time we get to tee it up.

Hey, that is really all that matters huh?

Hey, that is really all that matters huh?

This is going to be what is said in October buddy! Having fun with the gang and the scores are secondary. Great post!

I officially HATE champion bermuda grass! I am a bad enough putter without greens that are 12-12.5 on the stimpmeter. One girl told me she had a 15 on a hole after putting up and down the green. It was crazy. I had one four putt and way too many 3 putts.

I shot a 93 finishing with a dang 9 on the last hole. The 18th hole is along water and is full of traps. We had an audience watching and my crap game unfolded in front of the crowd.

I am sure I had over 40 putts but quit counting after 9. I had 22 on the front. They rolled the greens this AM which made them even faster and some of the pin placements were horrid.

Take away the putting and that last crap hole and I hit the ball really good all day. Even had a 93 yard shot to 1' from the hole which I birdied. I was proud of most of my shots but quite aggravated by my putting. At least I wasn't the only person who struggled with the greens. The locals definitely had an advantage.

I bet it helped make you a better golfer. I, If anybody, understand your aggravation with the putting. How about back to back days of 44 and 42 putts like I had two weeks ago? I is going to make me better though, several changes seem to be getting me going in the right direction.

It sounds to me like you really had a good tournament overall.

I bet it helped make you a better golfer. I, If anybody, understand your aggravation with the putting. How about back to back days of 44 and 42 putts like I had two weeks ago? I is going to make me better though, several changes seem to be getting me going in the right direction.

It sounds to me like you really had a good tournament overall.

I learned a lot about tournament golf this summer. I'm getting much smarter about course management. I putt decent on our home course greens but I struggle almost everywhere else. This is by far the worse I have ever done. I am not too worried though since so many others struggled too. I will get better in time. Playing in these tournaments is just another step I am taking to help strengthen my game. I am seeing improvement in many areas but putting is not one of them. I was 3 for 3 getting out of bunkers with 2 of them really close. That was my biggest accomplishment after having some UGLY holes because of bunkers in my last tournament. Baby steps!

I learned a lot about tournament golf this summer. I'm getting much smarter about course management. I putt decent on our home course greens but I struggle almost everywhere else. This is by far the worse I have ever done. I am not too worried though since so many others struggled too. I will get better in time. Playing in these tournaments is just another step I am taking to help strengthen my game. I am seeing improvement in many areas but putting is not one of them. I was 3 for 3 getting out of bunkers with 2 of them really close. That was my biggest accomplishment after having some UGLY holes because of bunkers in my last tournament. Baby steps!

I feel for you....I had 31 putts Saturday and went and played a course Sunday that has similar to what you are describing and had 41 with (6) 3 putts....crazy ridiculous. Just when I thought I was becoming a good putter it slapped me in the face!

I feel for you....I had 31 putts Saturday and went and played a course Sunday that has similar to what you are describing and had 41 with (6) 3 putts....crazy ridiculous. Just when I thought I was becoming a good putter it slapped me in the face!

Hate to tell you but Grand Cypress North/South is fast too! Not as bad as I played today but close enough to frighten me. Practice hard!!! :)

I played a charity golf tournement today (scramble) and Colondale Golf course in Beaumont Alberta. It was probably 8 degrees and windy.. Starting at 8am with no warmup was pretty hard on me.. I didn't have a good shot till the back nine where I hade some decent shots. It was intimidating playing with a guy that had a +3 handicap, but was interesting to see how he played the holes and read the greens. All in all, it was a good game, and thankfully it was a scramble so my harrible front nine didn't matter!!

Broke the 90 club today! shot an 89 on a course that I was playing for the first time. I'm super pumped, but also a little annoyed, simply because I went out in 42, so I had hopes I could hit mid 80's. I have improved greatly in the past month. Started going about once a week or week and a half, and my last 4 rounds have each been my best ever, 103, 98, 93, 89. And this week it was after not going for 2 weeks, so I thought I might be a little rusty. Had 2 birdies, and not a ton of pars, but mostly limited damage to bogeys. Did have one triple bogey on 18 that really frustrated me. Also crushed my drive on 17, over 300 yards, wound up in a green side bunker about 25 feet from the pin, and rather than give myself a nice birdie put i chipped over the green, had to chip from the other side, that ran long and onto the fringe, and I 2 putted for a bogey!!! Knowing I had definite scoring opportunities that I left of the table is both frustrating, but also motivating, because I know I can def shave a few strokes off there next time. I can't wait til I break into the 70's.
I love this game!

Broke the 90 club today! shot an 89 on a course that I was playing for the first time. I'm super pumped, but also a little annoyed, simply because I went out in 42, so I had hopes I could hit mid 80's. I have improved greatly in the past month. Started going about once a week or week and a half, and my last 4 rounds have each been my best ever, 103, 98, 93, 89. And this week it was after not going for 2 weeks, so I thought I might be a little rusty. Had 2 birdies, and not a ton of pars, but mostly limited damage to bogeys. Did have one triple bogey on 18 that really frustrated me. Also crushed my drive on 17, over 300 yards, wound up in a green side bunker about 25 feet from the pin, and rather than give myself a nice birdie put i chipped over the green, had to chip from the other side, that ran long and onto the fringe, and I 2 putted for a bogey!!! Knowing I had definite scoring opportunities that I left of the table is both frustrating, but also motivating, because I know I can def shave a few strokes off there next time. I can't wait til I break into the 70's.
I love this game!

Congrats! I shot 89 the other day for the first time. Been trying for 3 years. Lol. I see where I could have shot lower and I'm excited. Keep it up and you'll be seeing 70's. I had a 44 on the front 9 at Rocky Gap today. 2 birdies and a par.

You played well out there man, nice round. I had a good time even though I played like :poop:. The driver, which was working so well for me, is now in timeout and were not speaking.

Shot a +5, 41 tonight during league. Was hitting the ball well off the tee, but just couldnt get the short game going. Also didnt help that the course was closed down last week because it was under water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back