What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Monday nine hole tournament today. Shot my best front 9 at the course so far. Shot a 36(E). Chipped in on the Par 5 #2 for birdie and holed a 11ft put on the par 3 for birdie. Also won the closest to the win on that hole. It could of been so much better too. Missed 4 birdies within 10ft and the 2 bogies were missed putts from under 5ft. I was just a little off with speed today. Hopefully the Mills Huey Putter I am demoing at the end of the week will help my game. All in all I am happy with today since I have been playing pretty bad lately.

Shot a 99 today, par 72/ 6,771yds. It was a rough day, lol.

I was able to sneak in 9 holes this morning before heading out to a charity scramble this afternoon. Played the back nine of my home course in a an hour and 15 minutes and shot a 42. Hit a few poor shots that sprayed left. The scramble was not nearly as quick. It took us a little more than five hours to play the round. My team shot a 59 and finished third. It was one of those scrambles where you can buy mulligans, so first place ended up at 16 under.

Played 9 after going to the doc this afternoon. Believe it or not I shot a "good" 48. I consider it good because I went out cold, par on the 1st, good start. Chipped on from a flower bed on the 2nd, took a trip on #3 after driving to the perfect spot and just failing with my wedges. Finally managed to par #4, 146 yd par 3 that always gets me, not today! Stuck a 9 iron and just missed the birdie putt by half a ball width. Drained a 20' to save on #5. Creamed a drive down #6 tried to lay up to a number and found a bunker instead, got up and down. Bombed a drive on #9 but got a bad break and lost the ball in a soaked fairway, guess it plugged deep. Two poor chips and ended up with a 3 putt, still carded 16 putts total.

Played a few more just for fun then worked til almost dark on greenside wedges. I am really happy with my putting and driving today, gotta get the iron shots back in-order quickly though.

--
tapatalk

38 (+2) On the front 9 in howling 30KM/HR winds today.

Parred 1, 3 putt bogeyed 2, parred 3, parred 4, birdied 5, bogeyed 6, bogeyed 7, parred 8, parred 9.

The bogeys were just simple missed shots from the fairway. On 8 I almost got an ace and missed a 3 footer for bird.

On the last par 5 9th I had 178 on a 516 yard hole (wind assisted) for an approach and airmailed the green with a 7 iron (a 9 iron would have done the trick) and took a terrible par.

Nice round, Dent.

Today hasn't happened quite yet but yesterday was my best round of the year. All of the fruits of my labour during a swing change has finally started to become ingrained. Striking was good yesterday... maybe it's the Hirzl. I was real happy with proximity to the hole on approaches. My longest look at birdie 35 feet where I underclubbed by one. A real nice lag saved par and other than that my longest putt for birdie was 15 feet.

GIR - 17/18
Fairways - 9/10

On the front I was -3 with 3 birdie putts lipping out. On the back I was -2 thru 4 gave two back on back to back bogeys but finished -2 for a -5 total.

Hope this happens again the next few days leading up to my final event on Thursday.

Alex

an even 100. 56 on the front 44 on the back.5th time out this year and two weeks after knee surgery I'm not too unhappy.Birdied a par 5 and had a few pars so it wasn't totally miserable.

Another 90 for me @ Laurentide GC. 44 in front, 46 in back. Heard some trees coming down by chainsaw for the redesign of Holes 4 & 5. It'll be cool to see the end result. Noticed more leaves on the ground, fall's just around the corner.

40/42
pretty solid round for it being freshly aerated
driver is starting to behave again

86-86 in 36 yesterday. Just working on different parts of the game. Sort of an experimental day yesterday. Sharpening up for tourney on friday.

Back tees (golds) 72.2/137, walked. It was about perfect out there today! 37-38 75. putting is pretty solid right now. No three putts since Friday (3 rounds)

an even 100. 56 on the front 44 on the back.5th time out this year and two weeks after knee surgery I'm not too unhappy.Birdied a par 5 and had a few pars so it wasn't totally miserable.
You play Painted Hills today Jeff?

44/38 for a 82. not to bad today hit less bad shots than yesterday starting to feel more comfortable with my new backswing. didn't hit my driver much was to wet and rough hasn't been cut in weeks. so i didn't feel like looking for balls all afternoon. hybrid was money all day off the tee and got a chance to work on my long irons. short game and putting was also great today saved a lot of shots around the green which was nice.

Conditions were pretty tough today. Winds were howling all day. Shot a +7 (40/33 73). Back nine I went even but the front was ugly. Dumb mistakes.. wind was no issue.

Alex

Snuck out and played a quick 9 at a course I've never been too, shot a 9 over 45. Felt really good all day had a couple bad tee shots that were made worse by a cart path that lead to 2 doubles but was able to recover.

Recovered from horrible rounds over the weekend with a 77 (39/38). This ties my career low and it happened without the usual aid of great putting -- 35 putts which is 3.5 putts over my average. The main thing today was driving -- no really errant drives -- in the fairway or playable on every drive. I was also longer than average, I only had approach shots over an 8 iron on 2 long par 4s and the 2 par 5s. Ended up with 11 GIR, 12 pars, 5 bogies and 1 double. I had 4 birdie changes in the 10 - 15 foot range and on a normal putting day, I'd convert at least one of those. Overall, I was quite thrilled and out-dueled by playing partner low gross and low net (he's a 7.) It was satisfying but I did goof the Par 3s, bogeying 3 of them by overflying the greens. It was quite windy today.

38 in practice today.

Back tees (golds) 72.2/137, walked. It was about perfect out there today! 37-38 75. putting is pretty solid right now. No three putts since Friday (3 rounds)

Nice round Lefty, glad to hear the putting is back to normal, I have now entered the largest funk I have been in in quite a while- 89 today with 9 3 putts. I don't know where it goes, my ball striking was pretty good to day, but the short game and putting was horrid. I will be glad when this is over.

Played four 9s today at my 9 hole club that I just purchased a membership at. First one was supposed to be practice before an actual round, but stayed for an extra 9 later.

41 (5 over through 3)
37 (With a triple)
41 (two doubles and a triple)

Kind of a 74, but two 78s arent too bad either.

Played with my cousin and her husband tonight and me and him played 9 holes in an hour 15 minutes. Not bad considering he hit 3+ balls on 5 of the holes.

He said he usually shoots 84, so I was thinking he would be pretty good, and turns out he is the hit 3 balls till a good one and count that one player. Kinda sucked but we were just playing for fun no score so I guess no harm no foul.

PS.. Nothing like 4 jacking on the first hole. Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good golfing Lefty! You better bring that "A" game to Blairsville next month because your team is going to need ya!

Nice round Lefty, glad to hear the putting is back to normal, I have now entered the largest funk I have been in in quite a while- 89 today with 9 3 putts. I don't know where it goes, my ball striking was pretty good to day, but the short game and putting was horrid. I will be glad when this is over.

DawgDaddy did hit the ball solid today and his putting is a mystery. Our greens are not very easy starting this time of year and they are hard to read. They also are starting to get quicker and quicker. Dawg is one of the best putters I have ever played with and for him to putt like this is not in his character.

It will come back buddy and just in time to whup some butt in Blairsville in October!

Good golfing Lefty! You better bring that "A" game to Blairsville next month because your team is going to need ya!

DawgDaddy did hit the ball solid today and his putting is a mystery. Our greens are not very easy starting this time of year and they are hard to read. They also are starting to get quicker and quicker. Dawg is one of the best putters I have ever played with and for him to putt like this is not in his character.

It will come back buddy and just in time to whup some butt in Blairsville in October!

I put the hacksaw to that clevis pin when I got home buddy, we'll see if it somewhat comes back tomorrow. See you then.

I put the hacksaw to that clevis pin when I got home buddy, we'll see if it somewhat comes back tomorrow. See you then.

No doubt in my mind you will be putting hawter than a two dollar pistol! See ya at the blitz!

I know what you are going through with the putting. After 44 and 42 putts in Bandon, I went back to the starting block. New putter, new grip, and new determination to be a better putter. Finally it seems to be paying off, still have off days, the putting is not good but more importantly, it is not BAD. I made the threat that if this didn't work I would get one of those broom stick putters (if they make 'em that long) I hope something clicks for you pretty soon! Just hang in there, it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back