What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 Today 46/45. Tough to take not breaking 90 with my first eagle today. The did just aerate the greens and it was windy. Overall I think I played better than the score reflects and always a little mad at myself when I can't break 90.

Played in a ladies invitational in Albany today with 96 ladies. The format was a 4 person team, 9 holes best ball and 9 holes scramble. Our team won 1st place net in the 1st flight. Had a blast and won a little cash too.

Played in a ladies invitational in Albany today with 96 ladies. The format was a 4 person team, 9 holes best ball and 9 holes scramble. Our team won 1st place net in the 1st flight. Had a blast and won a little cash too.

Nice going KB, I have been wondering how y'all did, congratulations.

108 horrible. Ob off 6 tees. Nothing. Was good today

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

39-40 79 one of those rounds that could have been better but also could have been worse.The bad news was my wife hurt her should on a swing on the back nine and did not play the last 5 holes. I think she was faking it since I really had her beat for once. Just kidding. She seems to be okay once she got home and went in the spa for awhile.

shot an -8 64 in a Scramble today on a horrible course on the mountain in windy sprinkling conditions. It wasn't the most pleasant round of golf I have ever played.

what shape is brantwood(bittersweet) in. have not played there since early in the season

Interesting round today. Was on and off showers all day. Greens very wet which killed ball speed. I drove the ball really well today. Hit 12/14 faiways. Had 37 putts. Could not get speed right and was a little off with my lines. Plus I was just too far away most of the time. Hit the irons really well but was just off to the right or left by a small margin. Pins were in places that being off in that direction hurt. I am happy with the round though since my ball striking is getting a lot better.

3 over par - 73 on Liberty Lake. 31 putts. No 3 putts, 2 birdie lip outs.

In a school match this week, I shot an 80 on a really tough course, and it was pouring for most of the round. I finished 2nd out of 64. Scores would have been lower if it wasn't for the weather. Wind was blowing pretty hard too.

6,183 yds Par 72. Shot 87 (44/43) with 34 putts

Managed to get out today in some cooler conditions (64*) and played pretty well. Took the Ping G20 driver out for some initial on course testing (updates will be posted in that thread) and it didn't disappoint. My driver swing felt very long and powerful today with nice tempo to it and the results were long and straight drives that kept me in play most of the times I used it. Overall my tee game was pretty consistent. Irons continue to be more and more solid for means I adjust to the new shafts. My ball striking has been really nice as of late and the accuracy and distance that comes from it is great as well. Actually being able to strike through the ball on a regular basis is still an odd feeling but one I'm adjusting too. Wedges were consistently short on approach shots leaving me too far from the hole to one putt for birdie or par. This is something I need to really focus on now as it's costing me a good 3-5 shots a round. The putter was really working well today even though the number of putts doesn't reflect it.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Shot an even 50 today with two aweful par 5s. Best thing was i went out with two old friends and had a great time.

Broke 70 for the first time yesterday. Our day started off with a round in the morning at 8 am shot 75 then in the afternoon we did another 18 at a different course and I shot a 68!! Man it feels good to finally break the 70 barrier.

Played a fun round with MaryC today and used her scoring system. I ended up shooting a bunch of smiley faces, some with noses and eye lashes, a bluebird, a piss ant, and a couple pigs. We had a bunch of mulligans thus the amount of smileys.

Broke 70 for the first time yesterday. Our day started off with a round in the morning at 8 am shot 75 then in the afternoon we did another 18 at a different course and I shot a 68!! Man it feels good to finally break the 70 barrier.

Congrats - can't even fathom breaking 70!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congrats - can't even fathom breaking 70!

Tappin' from my iPad!
Thanks mcook77!!! It sure felt great. It was the first time in a long long time my total short game was on!!! It was easy to make the birdies and pars from 3 ft and in. Never chipped so consistent in my life. Nice to know that deep down in there somewhere is a good short game. Now if i could just find it more often...lol

Congrats XXX, that is awesome. Nice going.

Shot an ugly 86. But had some fantastic shots. Too many double bogeys and not enough fairways but through 4 holes I was 1 over it hurts.

6859 yard par 72.

Shot 81 with three missed putts of under 6 feet.

It was a bad day. Even though the putting, irons, driver and score were bad, those didn't cause the bad day. We got to the club and learned that a friend had had a massive heart attack and passed away early this morning. We enjoyed many rounds together where I learned he came up dirt poor and he was a Marine and how he started his own business and done quiet well and most of all, how he loved to make the putt that would beat "The Judge", his closest friend. Harold encouraged me to get my knee replaced because we had both hobbled around for years before he got his new knee a year before me. He gave me the incentive to get out walking the course again after surgery, he kept telling me it would take six weeks so I worked enough to walk 18 in five and a half weeks. Harold just grinned. He was a plain spoken man, he putted from 20 yards off the green to keep from having to chip, he walked even when everyone else rode and I will miss him.

45/42 - 87 with a birdie and 4 doubles. Missed a ton of fairways, but the putting was solid. The birdie was a 30 footer on 17, and a scrambling par on 18 to end on a few positive notes.

Saturday Sep 17 0800 tee time shotgun start 55 degrees warming to 66
Island View / Lake View

8 par 3 4
9 par 5 6

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 2
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 6
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 2
7 par 5 4

Island 39 Lake 37 - 76

Without a doubt, this was the wildest round of the year! I got there early and while warming up and feeling pretty good with my swing on the range, suddenly my lower back went into spasm. I had a lot of trouble hitting the next 10 or so balls, but kept stretching and walking around the tee, and the spasm relaxed somewhat. As we headed out to the 8th tee to start, I jumped out and walked the last 300 yards or so. When the horn to play sounded , I felt sorta ready.

I bogied the first two holes, both because I got in the wrong position on the greens in regulation and had long putts impossible to get close because of being in the wrong place in relation to ridges near the holes. Then I settled in and made three straight pars, two of them nice up-and-in saves. Then at my 6th hole, I spun my wedge just off the front fringe of the par 3 - then I semi-bladed my short pitch, but it landed just on and crept up to and into the hole for a surprise birdie. Suddenly only +1, I felt like I was on track, and I followed with a pair of easy pars. Then I hit my approach a bit long on the par 5 and left a pitch that could not be stopped near the hole - but when I chili-dipped it, it barely got on. That left a putt impossible to stop, which slid 12 feet past the hole - but I made the bogey comebacker. This started a stretch of 8 holes of poor play that saw me fall from +1 to +6 over. I got to the island green (my 17th) and barely got my 8 iron on, 50 feet away. Then for some reason the putt looked makeable, and I rolled it holeward - when the putt passed halfway there, I raised my hand in victory - and sure enough it rammed into the cup. We finished on the par 5 7th, where I slopped my wedge in 10 yards short of the green. I had my partners pull the flag, and as soon as my pitch landed the victory hand went into the air again, and sure enough the ball went in center cut. What a crazy day! Two chip-ins and a 50 foot snake, and a sloppy 76 on a day my irons were so bad I had just 7 GIR.

Last edited:
River Pines Black Tees 6602 12:10 9/18

1 Par 4 422 5
2 Par 4 418 5
3 Par 3 172 3
4 Par 4 447 5
5 Par 3 209 4
6 Par 4 436 4
7 Par 4 363 4
8 Par 5 540 6
9 Par 4 325 4

10 Par 4 374 4
11 Par 4 410 4
12 Par 4 383 4
13 Par 4 420 6
14 Par 3 174 4
15 Par 4 405 6
16 Par 3 184 3
17 Par 5 501 5
18 Par 4 419 4

In: 40 Out: 40 Fairways: 8/14 GIR: 6/18 Putts: 31

Really left some strokes out there. With the club championship in about a month, I really need to step up my game right now. It was really a fight all day. The Front 9 was a struggle because I've been having to make some rather drastic changes to my swing and I was trying them. I was really sucking it up, so I went back to more easy, timing swing. It worked......for 3 holes. I had a pretty miraculous Par save from under trees on 10 and was cruising until I got to 13. I didn't hit the greatest drive but I thought it was okay until I saw the lie. Waaaaaaaaay below my stance. Ended up thining it (go figure) and put some really random hook on it. Took me 2 more to get back on the green from the trees and then 2 putted. That basically told the next 2 holes as I bogeyed the easy Par 3 and then doubled the next hole. I had a good comeback though on the last 3. I was happy with my play. I just made some really stupid mistakes.

Just a personal question to some people reading this. Should I overhaul my swing and change it to a swing I'm not comfortable with and struggling to adapt too OR Keep the timing swing I'm used to and VERY comfortbale with and believe in. Problem is....my coach HATES it. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back