What did you shoot today?

Slipped a little today, 46/45=91 playing solo on my home course. Started out bogey/bogey/bogey then caught up to a couple guys I didn’t know on #4. One was a fair player, the other was terrible. Plus he was a talker on the tee boxes and greens, very distracting. Took my focus away. That said, I’ve played worse. Putted ok, only one 3 putt. Drove it well and most iron shots were pretty solid. Laying off for a couple days, we’ll see what the weekend brings.

36 degrees f, sunny, wind less than 10mph. Shot a 55. ;)

Now the rest of the story. We have a city-owned executive course that is 5,000 yards and par 67. I played 14 of the 18 holes, skipping #12-15 to avoid the Huron HS JV golf team. The prediction for tomorrow varies some but everyone says it will snow. I had to get in a few holes just in case the worst of the forecasts comes true.

Had a lesson this morning to work on face awareness and control. Went out this afternoon and shot a 37-35-72 with 4 birdies and 4 bogies. I think my lesson was a success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 14 on a par 5. Needless to say it was not a good day. Is this worthy of tagging you @MWard

Struck it really well today, but scored horribly. Ended up shooting 46/46 for a 92. Had a chip-in for eagle on a par 5 and played holes 7 to 13 at -1, but still managed 43 putts on the day. Four-three, forty freaking three. I could putt with my driver and do better than 43. Should have been mid-80s today easily. The good news is my handicap is down to an all-time low at 16.8.

First play with walking. Only 9 open so only played 9. Hit it well for only 2nd play since ankle. 39. 6 pars and 5 GIR. Left a couple birds hanging.

A bit wonky with the driver today. Front nine held together wonderfully with a +3 39, then fell apart with skied drives and miss hits with an open face for a 45 back. 84 +12 over all with 2 birdies, but oh, what could have been...

44/39 for an 83. Near miss on an eagle on par 5 #17, I pitched onto the green from 48 yards, it started to dip into the cup, bounced off the flagstick and came to rest an inch from the cup. Rude.

36/38 for a three over 74 today, with one birdie. My iron play kind of held me back today, but I am not worried about that. I am excited where my game is headed right now.

45/50 for a 95. But it was net par points with blind partners today so I came in at 78.
Ended up coming 3rd with my blind partner and we won $25 each. Pleased with that.

My driving game was not good today, (missed 92% right!) but putting saved me with a total of 35 for the round.

86 - 46/40
Dry end of summer greens , windy and just in Autumn … very happy with driverless round … 7 pars .

Won the day’s competition, and longest drive , ( has to be on cut fairway ) we don’t have many playing there were longer but off fairway into scrub and bush .

I unofficially shot my lowest score ever !!! And came within an inch of shooting my age 🙃
I had 2 slow foursomes ahead of me, so on the 2nd hole I would take one drive and then play 2 balls in.

I had twisted my knee on Saturday so I couldn't swing as hard/fast as I normally do. However I had some of the longest drives of the year today.
I have to make a mental note of that. And my iron ball striking was pretty stellar as well. But my distances were shorter.
And my chipping was as good as I have ever hit. The fairways have started to dry out now after last weeks 3" of rain and the Tornado.
Nearly chipped in for Eagle on 16, stopped one inch shy☹️ And had one putt on 14 that stopped right on the rim.
So ended with an unofficial 36/35/71 Only 26 putts, most under 6 feet 1000001353.jpg

44/39 for an 83. Near miss on an eagle on par 5 #17, I pitched onto the green from 48 yards, it started to dip into the cup, bounced off the flagstick and came to rest an inch from the cup. Rude.
I had a simular experience on 16 today........ Just an inch short of Eagle. That Smoke driver really lets them fly when I hit it dead center. And today I was hitting center a lot.:love:

Able to enjoy 18 holes (plus 9 hole scramble) on Saturday. Shot a 44/46 for 90.

Playing ok lately. Throwing in some blowup holes but keeping the scores around 85 when I do. Shot an 84 and 82 this weekend.

79 (6,033 yards, par 71 69.2/115). A bit chilly this morning at tee off (40 f). Warmed up to around 55 by the end. The 12-15 mph breeze and cool temps played havoc with my approaches. Could have been a few shots worse or a few shots better so the score reflects my meh effort.

Shot my worst 9 holes in awhile yesterday. Shot 50. Only 1 par. And had a 10 on long par 5 after my best drive of the day.

Besides the blowup hole, I had a bunch of poorly executed approach shots and couldn't get up and down at all. Lots of 2 putt bogeys. Tee shots on the 4's and 5's were solid. 2 were bad, but all were usable.

Last edited:
1711397581620.png
I shot 39-40-79 today at historic old Ottawa Park GC in Toledo, Ohio. Nothing to get excited about....the course is short (although we got ZERO roll today!), and it wasn't in very good shape. I haven't been able to touch a club in 2 weeks due to cold, windy weather, and it showed. Hit a lot of popup fairway woods for some reason, and that is something I need to get under control, since I find I'm hitting more and more of them into greens on par 4's. Short game was decent.....30 putts, 6 GIR, 1 birdie, 1 double (the last damn hole!!).

After an inch and a half of rain and 40-degree highs over the past several days we got sun and the temperature broke 50 degrees. So, I got out on a soggy 6,207-yard course that played longer due to the soft conditions. I carded a 34-37 par 71 round.

First round in nearly 3 weeks…42/38 for an 80 at 6375 yards. Temps were 45-50, soggy from rain two days ago and winds up to 20 mph. Range was closed so the first nine was a bit loose. Driver let me down but putting was good.

10 bogeys
6 pars
2 birdies

Played pretty good today. Shot a 36-37-73 with all pars with 1 bogie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played pretty good today. Shot a 36-37-73 with all pars with 1 bogie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1, I would say that is more than "pretty good".

Nice round!

Back